Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Block means block.

Started by Scarlett [2161153] on in Suggestions.

9 replies · 1.26k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
50
Authority score
29 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
47 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

Most-liked replies

Scarlett [2161153]
Hi, unsure if this has been suggested before, did have a quick look and couldn't see anything.

So currently if you add someone to block, it just blocks the person from being able to initiate a chat with you. You then have to add someone to your ignore list via mail, to ensure they can't send you any messages, events etc.

Is there a way that this could be filtered through chats also? (Global, trade etc)
Currently the only way to achieve this is to install scripts, is there a way this could be implemented in torn itself? It would save staff hassle of having to read through multiple reports of harassment and would give players a peace of mind that toxic communication is halted.

Keen on hearing everyone's thoughts & opinions on this.

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm referring to just chats being blocked. Bounties(without reason),attacks etc are a part of the game.
SporkMonkey [2065017]
If you have someone blocked by both DM and mail, they are not suppose to engage with you in the forums, at least by quoting you. They are not suppose to engage via bounties or sending cash, either. I think the block by email eliminates the cash thing.

Anyhow, as I doubt Ched will implement what you are suggesting, as it has been suggested and shot down before, if someone is engaging you in chat, someone you have blocked, AND you didn't engage first or encourage them, report them for harassment.

All that being said, still a R+.
Scarlett [2161153]
Thanks Spork! Unfortunately some players don't take the hint of chat block or ignore. We shouldn't have to completely remove ourselves from a chat just because someone wants to be toxic.
I had a player that was making personal attacks etc with staff present yesterday, but I'm presuming nothing was done about it because I didn't report it.
I tried to look for threads on it but couldn't find, would be interested in seeing previous responses.
AcidCypher [2137577]
cool idea, but if everybody used it, the chat could become confusing due to people appearing to reply to the wrong people. that's why I don't use block scripts.
Also, if I don't like someone, I prefer to hear what they are saying, 'cos I enjoy a good argument :)
Scarlett [2161153]
With that though, they would already know that they've been blocked/ignored as it shows on their profile (all chats crossed out and if you click it says blocked or ignored).
I do get your point though and it's good to hear other people's views on it.