Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Crimes

Started by Jayyy [2089500] on in General Discussion.

14 replies · 286 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
15
Discussion span
→
People posting
14
Likes on archived posts
19
Authority score
36 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
51 / 100
Engagement score
59 / 100
Jayyy [2089500]
People keep talking about crimes 2.0 maybe I'm naive but I still kind of enjoy crimes. They could use a few simple improvements and an overhaul might be cool but is it a common opinion to not like them?
A_Mean_Person [1631303]
That is untill you are stuck doing the same crime over and over for years for a pathetic profit (9-11k for 11 nerve after you spend over 1M just to refill your nerve bar so you can do another 10 of those) so you don't lose your crime XP (or actually gain a miserable amount) for the PA's OC.

Yeah crimes could use a bit of love... So could OC's, so could Faction Waring, so could... ...
Sectory [2093611]
Crimes 2 0 is said to be more diverse, immersive.
Keep in mind some players have been doing the same arson for 15 years.
hikiko [2623898]
I believe you get punished if you stray from the <10 safe crimes so I imagine most of the crimes in the game are underused.

Im not sure how much of a change I'd want, and I don't believe I qualify for an opinion on the matter yet either. What is the opinion worth of someone with 100 days, versus the vast community?
Aezur [1950769]
Crimes were probably fun years and years ago when the community hadn't "solved" the mechanic. Now it's just "do a few thousand of each safe crime until you hit arsons, then do arsons forever". If you decide to mix it up, or chase cash, or chase merits, you are actively and knowingly screwing yourself.

All in all, it is a very shallow mechanic that doesn't pay off for years, and provides no real depth for the game. In a "crime rpg" you would think spending 1 of your resources on burning down warehouses every day would provide some notable difference than if you hack every day, but alas that is not the world we live in.

So in answer to your question, I don't think it's that people don't like crimes. I think that people are bored of a shallow mechanic and were promised a shiny new version literally years ago, had company specials gutted to make room for it, and then... *tumbleweed*.
Kastro [714729]
I remember in early 2018 when I stopped playing that Crimes 2.0 was around the corner and Alice was writing crimes. Seems like nothing changed. Is there a release date?
Ar53_Hol [2430424]
At first it feels good being able to arson, then you realise how long you will be doing it. I got bored very quickly, glad I saved the merits for other crimes so I can break up doing arson constantly with a few of the other crimes
Choco180 [2127595]
As someone who works in a DA making arrests, everyone should stick to safe crimes and stay outta jail.

This means more money when I arrest folk :)