Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

#Lavish

Started by Wollongong [12833] on in Achievements.

25 replies · 707 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 26 / 26 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
26
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
38 / 100
Story score
49 / 100
Engagement score
69 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Evil-Duck [1182047] ×1

Wollongong [12833]
Many of you probably having absolutely no f**king clue who I am but my name "Wollongong" is a brand I have built up for many years; since 2003 in fact.
Did I just shamelessly steal the signature introduction with which Evil_Duck is known to start his threads? You bet your ass it is. Because, think of him what you may, Evil_Duck has been quite succesful branding himself as #lavish.

(Note, branding yourself as something doesn't necessarily make it truth).

But it is time for Evil_Duck to move over, and see what #lavish REALLY means.

#Lavish means being able to use this userbar:

[image: awardimages.torn.com]

What is this userbar, you may ask?


This userbar is the one that comes with the award "Monopoly". It is awarded to those who own a BB of every*single*stock*in*the*TC*Stockmarket!

What does it represent?
To me, this userbar, which I've just obtained (a few months ahead of schedule) represents victory. I have achieved my one remaining goal in Torn.
It also represents a time of transition, as I will now need to find another way of playing the game.

But...I'm sure I'll manage. I mean, I got this award, which is a thing I never really thought to be possible.

[image: cdn.pixabay.com]

Mentions: Evil-Duck [1182047]

Wollongong [12833]
It is. I only have the minimum amount of shares to get this merit. According to tornstats, the NW of my stock investments is now a bit over 22,85 billion!
Wollongong [12833]
How could I have forgottn about that one. But while dumping a single million on the dump is indeed lavish, I'd say obtaining a monopoly trumps that one. The numbers support this, as there £lavish award is bestowed upon 14.830*, whereas I am the 450th* person to gain the monopoly. (Still, quite a few, actually).

* Source: TornStats
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
Honestly I think Evil-Duck's existing honour bar is a bigger sign of lavish status, being able to pay for and detonate a dirty bomb and not caring about the money loss from that is huge, or to be able to have the influence where people let you drop a bomb, also pretty a huge.

The total value for this honour bar is less than that, and can be achieved by sharing among friends, granted the DB honour can be "gifted" too, but only once.
Ar53_Hol [2430424]
Bogies got a point

It also represents a time of transition, as I will now need to find another way of playing the game.

One that answers what you admit you now need to do
ChillySpunc [1905415]
All depends on if you've had all the stocks since the inception of the stock market and if you've used them wisely.

But yeah, just tossing out 40bil from your networth does scream I don't give a shit :D Wouldn't say it's lavish but it's one hell of a flex.