Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Inspiration Thread

Started by Frank [2408592] on in Graphics.

19 replies · 239 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
20
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
23
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
40 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

cl3ric0l [569400] ×2 Sectory [2093611] ×1

Frank [2408592]

Ever seen a graphic and just thought "f**k me, that's awesome." Well. Here's a place to post it.



Stuff like this works as a place for artists can gauge what buyers are after and what they are looking for in a graphic. It's also a place for me to reference when I find some good graphics and styles that I want to rip learn.




Don't post your own graphics here, this isn't a showcase.


Frank [2408592]
therealVanilla

[image: images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com]
[image: images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com]
[image: images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com]
[image: images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com]
[image: images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com][image: images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com]
[image: images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com]
[image: images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com]
[image: images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com]
[image: images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com]


mantinieks007

[image: images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com]
[image: images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com]
[image: images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com]
[image: images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com]
[image: images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com]


Sectory [2093611]
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]


Cl3ric0l [569400]


[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]

Mentions: cl3ric0l [569400] · Sectory [2093611]

Nyx [2236278] Officer Officer
I'm not sure if this counts considering they were made for me, but I felt like focusing on a more positive side of the graphic forums.

First of all, I still stare at this image HelloVello made for the Secret Santa Graphic Artist event.
[image: imgur.com]

He made a black and white one too, but I especially love the compositioning, the dynamic movement, even the smoke on the gun is just *chef kisses*. The red wavy things guide your eyes back to the character, and the character is in mostly a black outfit, so it makes for a perfect place for your eyes to see it as a 'resting area'. The brightest areas are the text and the characters face, and the visual hierarchy is just very well done.

Another one of my favourite pieces was done by LOTR (I think he goes by MrDemon now? I haven't seen him around in a while sadly) but we art traded once, and he made a profile picture for me as his half of the trade.

[image: profileimages.torn.com]

What I love here is the same as HelloVello's but I just think it makes an amazing first impression that LOTR did amazing at portraying. She looks absolutely intimidating, the skulls, the fire, set the scene so well. At the same time, despite how much is in the image, it doesn't feel like it's competing for your attention. Again, the character is the focal point, the text is readable and clear and the little hint of animation on the fire just brings that image alive a little bit more.

I also wanted to shoutout Demoness, we also had an art trade and I really like her creation too.

[image: i.postimg.cc]

It's very simple but it's something about the blurry background and the character that really makes her look 3d. The fire animation behind the character is a nice touch as well because it's a unique barrier that ties the smoky background and character in together very well.

I think everyone should go and give their forums some attention, because these are some seriously good pieces that I love having on my profile!
Frank [2408592]
Maniakuk (Gary)
[image: images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com]
[image: images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com]
[image: images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com]

Random others
[image: images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com]
[image: images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com]
[image: images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com]
[image: images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com]
[image: images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com]
[image: images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com]
[image: images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com]
[image: images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com]
[image: images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com]
Frank [2408592]
Even if something was made for you. It counts. You like it, you think they're kick ass. You gotta share that :D
Good work to the artists that made them 3 graphics.






---------------------

More stuff I think is dope af:

[image: images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com]
[image: images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com]
[image: images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com]
[image: images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com]
Anon [1771528]
nas and vaii i don't have or use much inspiration because I end up copying, I just have whole folder full of different Graphic Design ranging from Branding to Illustrations.
TouchMe [469890]
the astral flash gallery is a bit of a pain in the ass to see now because its flash, but so damn sexy

http://astral.x10.mx/gfx_aid/2015/index.html

No idea who - off the graphics tut on the stickied post, lots of sexy work on that
[image: i.imgur.com]

Cl3ric0l [569400] - still so happy i won this at auction, wasn't even very expensive.
[image: i.imgur.com]

Correct me if im wrong but I believe this one is NAS' but honestly i can't remember properly whose it is, they removed it from their profile a while ago
[image: i.imgur.com]

Too hard to pick a favorite from vas ngl

Mentions: cl3ric0l [569400]

cl3ric0l [569400]
ive seen so many unbelievably awesome stuff over the years i could probably fill a library lol.....there are so many very very talented people around the world with some crazy imaginations.