Time spent flying can be very productive and if you are just watching that countdown timer tick away then you are missing an opportunity. I like to reach out to brand new accounts for some friendly banter. Most may ignore you, and that's fine, but some people I've met this way have kept playing regularly and even become friends.
"But weird person with numbers for a name, how do I find a brand new player," you ask?
"Easy," I retort glibly, and reeking of booze.
Use the Search users by... filter which is the binocular icon to the immediate right of the search bar and drop down. Set it to the following:
[image: i.gyazo.com]
You'll end up with a list of 5 - 12 or so players which should be mostly online or idle. If you have a specific goal in mind that's all the better and here are some templates for your use.
Template #1 You need more friends?
Hi, welcome to Torn City! I'm [your name here]. Torn can be a confusing place at first, so if you have any questions or need a hand, I'm here to help. Add me to your friends list then my profile will appear in your friends list drop down. To do this click my name and then the ( + ) button. Then you can find me again if needed.
Template #2 Someone need more enemy?
!! Scammer Alert !! There has been suspected scammer activity from player: [bad persons name goes here] Adding them to your blacklist can help protect you from some scams. [bad person profile link goes here] follow this link and click the ( - ) button. Stay safe!
Template #3 Cheap labor!
Hi, Welcome to Torn. If you would like to earn some quick money, attack me and lose. I will pay you [sum of money] each time and provide meds to get out of the hospital after. Please message me beforehand so I can have the money ready, thanks!
Happy flying!
"But weird person with numbers for a name, how do I find a brand new player," you ask?
"Easy," I retort glibly, and reeking of booze.
Use the Search users by... filter which is the binocular icon to the immediate right of the search bar and drop down. Set it to the following:
[image: i.gyazo.com]
You'll end up with a list of 5 - 12 or so players which should be mostly online or idle. If you have a specific goal in mind that's all the better and here are some templates for your use.
Template #1 You need more friends?
Hi, welcome to Torn City! I'm [your name here]. Torn can be a confusing place at first, so if you have any questions or need a hand, I'm here to help. Add me to your friends list then my profile will appear in your friends list drop down. To do this click my name and then the ( + ) button. Then you can find me again if needed.
Template #2 Someone need more enemy?
!! Scammer Alert !! There has been suspected scammer activity from player: [bad persons name goes here] Adding them to your blacklist can help protect you from some scams. [bad person profile link goes here] follow this link and click the ( - ) button. Stay safe!
Template #3 Cheap labor!
Hi, Welcome to Torn. If you would like to earn some quick money, attack me and lose. I will pay you [sum of money] each time and provide meds to get out of the hospital after. Please message me beforehand so I can have the money ready, thanks!
Happy flying!