Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Creative Writing Competition.

Started by TonyCream [2625416] Reporter on in Fun & Games.

31 replies · 977 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 32 / 32 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Orblocator [2663964]
It was one of those mornings. The fog was hanging in the air but chilled right through your bones. Hank pulled himself up from behind the dumpster. His head still throb from the night before.
Around the corner he hears a man talking on his cellphone. The click of his heals echoing in the alley. A business man Hank thought. He pop a pill and started to follow him. He over heard something about money, must be the briefcase he is carrying.
The footsteps stopped. Hank peered around the corner. The man was sitting in a car, the door was ajar snd the man had his head in his hands talking on the phone.
Hank quickly ran up to the door and gave it a hard kick. The door knocked the man out. Hank dragged him to the other side of the alley, searched his pockets. 60 bucks snd the car keys.
Hank returned to the car pug the keys in the ignition then noticed the briefcase laying on the passenger car seat. He pulled out his knife and pried it open. Finally he thought, a $1000, I’m getting out of this city.
He closed the door and turned the key. A loud CLICK!
A full square block layer in rubble.
It was a very foggy day in Torn City.
Bouffon [2586166]
It was late in the evening when he came into Tony’s shop. He was a mountain of a man and looked like the guy could lift a truck by himself. The smell was potent. Tony could not quite place it. It was like a combination of diesel fuel and burnt condoms.

The customer scanned the room and pointed to some small white pills on the counter, “Those, how much of those?”

Tony had a jolt of excitement run through his body. This is the first person to take any interest in buying pills today, “I’ll sell those pills to you for the low price of 830.”

The guy looked up from the counter and studied him. As the guy stroked his chin, Tony could not help to wonder what two sheets of sandpaper rubbing against each other felt like, “825 huh?”

Without missing a beat and not wanting to haggle, Tony smiled and responded, “Yes sir, I’m giving a discount for a quick sale. I don’t think they’ll be here much longer.”

The behemoth just stood there silently and Tony could tell that the mental gears were turning. Just as Tony started to wonder if mental mathematics was too much for this guy to handle, he asked, “How many do you have?”

Tony smiled as he realized this sale was in the bag, “I have 100.”

“Fine, I’ll take them”

“A fine choice sir, that’ll be 82 and a half mill. Sounds like you’re going to be having a great party tonight.”

“Yeah, something like that.”

Tony handed the bottle of pills to the giant who then handed him a roll of bills. Tony did not dwell on the places this money might have been. As the brute left the shop, Tony rushed to the back of the shop.

When he got in his office, he was stopped in his tracks. He knew he left his safe open but there it was closed. Suddenly, there was movement behind him. Tony turned around to see someone standing behind him. This man seemed to be more snake than human. He was tall and very slender. His face was covered in various tattoos and judging by the smell, he and his recent customer spent a lot of time together.

“What’s the hurry?” hissed the man, “It’s your fault for not doing business from the hospital. Now, this can be done the easy way but I much like the hard way.”

Tony eyed his shotgun in the corner and made a move for it. The last thing Tony heard, “hell yeah!”

~

Tony woke up to the sound of beeping and looked around. There were wires and tubes attached to him. A woman dressed in soiled blue scrubs was writing on a clipboard.

She looked coldly at him, “good evening,” and started to disconnect him from everything. When she finished, she added, “we need this bed. Get your stuff and check yourself out.”

Tony sat up and walked to the locker. He found his wallet in the pile of bloody clothes and looked inside. Most of the money was there; the snake guy only took seven million.

Tony started laughing; his plan worked. The nurse looked at him with a scowl.

“I don’t see what’s so funny. Didn’t you just get mugged?”

After catching his breath, he wheezed, “Yes… Yes, I did.”

“Then what was so funny?”

“That wasn’t a bottle of Xanax that they bought from me.”
DrVoid [2608187]

[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]ILL-SUITED DREAM[/background]



[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)](747 Words)[/background]



“Served him right” an utterance with sound disgust reached my ears while I was in the corridor. ‘Whom were they referring to?’ I wondered. The reason was hinted the minute I entered the classroom and saw the empty seat of my friend. I did a quick enquiry.

In the evening, I found my way to the oldest Mahogany tree in the woods of the north-east forest, muttering some potential consolatory words. But they went to drain when I found Joe’s smirk while maneuvering through the world map.

“Hey Joe! I heard you got caught...”

“You know that I smuggle chocolate truffles and bonbons only because of the canteen's extortion. Those hypocrites do that to children. It’s nauseating. And FYI they didn’t catch me. I had to stage it because mom was not supportive of my shenanigans” he never lets me finish.

“Yes.., I have found it. A city where I can turn felony to daily chore and gifting drugs can make you a ‘samaritan’. Hahhah..” the laugh was not wicked, but content.

“Don’t bother my friend! You wouldn’t suit anyway!” he answered my doubtful eyes.

[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]*****[/background]



I was brought to the present with a jerky break of the dirty old tourist bus I was travelling in.

“I ain’t got a penny left to pay up the toll, to enter the city. Get your asses down and walk up a bit” an unsavory tone ordered us from the driver seat.

“He's crazy…” someone mumbled. After an hour’s walk, we reached the main gate of the world’s most law-less city, which was such a shame that authorities erased it from the map, The Torn City. Only vehicles have to pay up a toll to enter, never the meat-bags.

I was a famous doctor, who was sacrificed for an unjust corporate hospital, as a skill-less drug addict. I didn’t reveal that Joe was my friend, not even to my new friend here, George. Because in the past, I looked down on him. So, I vowed to myself to grow and reach him one day.

[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]*****[/background]



2 years later…

On a Private Island,

She sat on my lap and leaned on to me to kiss my nose. She knows all my sweet spots.

“Happy anniversary, sweetheart!” she whispered.

“I was the one who received the medals this morning. And thank you for being such a gentle and caring wife, honey!” I hugged her and presented her dream collectible ‘Santa Hat ‘04’.

“You remembered..” she screamed in awe.

I met her on a scrooge loot, finest Samaritan I have ever known. She always made me feel as if she was born for me.

“I am very proud of you my dear! You rose through the ladder and became a committee member at a young age with your own talents. I look forward to the day you meet up with Joe, he would surely get surprised” she caressed my hair with pride-filled eyes.

“Yesterday, What were you crying for?” I became serious. I never did see her that worried, ever. I was the one she came to whenever she was in trouble. I was her Hulk.

“Nothing...” she brushed it off.

I grabbed her shoulders and said firmly, “Is this all I am to you?”

She sighed. “I.. I.. liquidated all of my assets and bought P..PRN. Stocks 3.0 is around the corner, I thought I would be able to gift you a unique property, with the profits. Somehow I feel something amiss” her voice shivered. She seemed helpless. I wanted to reassure her.

I consoled her. “You are my unique property, darling! I don’t need anything else. We can’t take back what we lost. But not this time, it was a good choice” I winked at her.

“Oh! I am glad” her eyes sparkled. “But you shouldn’t say confidential info to outsiders, right?” she worried.

“You bought them before I said anything and I am not leaving you out till the official release. Today, I wanted to risk it for you” I pushed her onto the bed. She chuckled.

[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]*****[/background]



Next Morning..,

I didn’t find her anywhere. I opened the TCT-daily,

‘PRN sold out: Faction Restless has Insider information?’

Time has frozen. Her every lie so far is laid bare in front of my eyes. The perfect subterfuge.

I heard some ticking and followed. When I reached, I saw an open vault and a primed Dirty Bomb, along with the Santa Hat.

My last thought was: 'I am ill-suited to your dream, Joe!'


[image: i.imgur.com]

Scuze [2270208]

[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]Start of A Brand New Day[/background]





[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]We start out the day with you, waking up, drinking a few beers, because you have some crimes n’ shit you need to do. After you drink as many beers as possible, you stumble around getting dressed.[/background]


[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]As you are collecting your weapons, you notice that there is this random package on your porch. Seeing as you know how some of the people in town can be, you set it on your countertop, expecting for something to explode, or make you sick. But curiosity gets the best of you seeing as you stand up, and start sniffing at it. Something is off about it, but it doesn’t smell too bad. So against your better judgement you decide to open it. Inside you find a fish of all things, but not just any fish, a trout. You begin to wonder why someone would send this to you, then you see a note inside of the box, so you pick it up and it reads “Hope this helps in your endeavors ; )”[/background]


[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]You think “what the f**k? How in the hell could a fish help me?” As you are thinking that, you mindlessly turn on the T.V. they are currently talking about how there was a dirty bomb used against MnC you sigh thinking “Ugh, another dirty bomb, not unexpected, but damn” The next thing you notice along the bottom of the screen a headline reads “Trout scales being found on mugging victims. Could this be the start of a new form of weapon?”[/background]


[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]After you read that you look over your shoulder to the counter top where the trout lies, and begin thinking about who could have known about it that you know. As you are running through a list of names you think of Bogie. Then you remember that he has eyes and ears everywhere. So you decide to message Bogie about it. He tells you that what the news was saying is true, and that it will be helpful. As you are finishing collecting your stuff you debate on believing Bogie about the trout, in the end you decide to trust him, so you put it in your bag.[/background]


[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]On your way out the door of your house you get a message from one of the more… social people in the city. Apparently there is going to be another dirty bomb dropped somewhere in Torn. The only thing you think when you see it is “God damnit, another one? Why are there so many damned bombs recently, I was planning on going to Sweden later today. Ugh” Amidst your thoughts someone runs up to you, they seem to have a panicked look on their face. In a craze they say “Oh Thank goodness, someone who can help. I only have so much money on hand, but I need you to get me some xanax, I’ll pay you back for it later”[/background]



[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]Knowing how some of the people in Torn are you punched them in the face and say “Nope, not today Saitan. You will not scam me today, I will not fall for this shit again.”[/background]


[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]After you say that, you can see their faces drop. Then they walk away slowly and say “Oh… Sorry”[/background]


[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]When the start slowly standing up you say “Wait, how about I give you this xanax, if you pay me back for it, and if you don’t I will bounty the shit out of you”[/background]


[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]“Thank you so much, I will be sure, my name is ____________, and I work at ________, that way if you ever need to contact me you can. Thank you again”[/background]


[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]You give him a xanax, and as they are walking away you see them laugh evilly. The only thing going through your mind is “Oh shit”[/background]


[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]Next thing you know you wake up in the hospital thinking that the person whom you gave your last xanax to had mugged you, but apparently you weren’t paying enough attention to your phone, because the dirty bomb had gone off close to where you were. The only thoughts running through your brain were “Welp There goes my plans for the day” right before you pass out again.[/background]


[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]And with that your day was subsequently ruined, and nothing of great importance happened once you woke up for the last time that day.[/background]





EDIT: Word count 720






And that's the end of my story, I hope that you all enjoyed it.
Jz_ [2658753]

Frist Time



It must have been around 2 o’clock in the morning because it was very dark. The rain was pouring from the sky covered by layers of grey clouds. I was standing, soaked, in a small alley behind the bar. I drank a lot that day because it was St Patrick’s day. My head was heavy. There were also two other people in that alley. I did not know them, but I remembered seeing them in the bar. They talked about an organized crime they just succeeded. Was it another senator they silenced? I could not remember.

That was my first time.

I opened my eyes very late the next morning, uncomfortable. The sun pierced through the clouds. Suddenly, an urge of vomiting pinned me to the floor. As I stood up, a few flashes went through my brain. For a reason I cannot explain, I felt horrible, scared, disgusted with myself, but then, I remembered more. I remembered pleasure. However, I still had no idea of what happened. It was with a conflicted mind that I woke up and went to the bathroom. As I looked at myself in the mirror, I felt on the ground, horrified. I was half-covered in blood, and the clothes I had on me weren’t mine.

Then, I remembered.

I remembered what had happened the night before. An act of utmost violence, an indescribable feeling…

I sobered up instantly, and the events of the night before flashed in my mind. I drank a lot, and I left the bar late. Everyone was drinking. The bar opened their whole collection ranging from Minty Mayhems to Pumpkin Brews or Mistletoe Madness. I did not have a lot of money on me, but two men sitting next to me offered me a drink. I recognized their faction from their tattoos. They were not normal people; they were some of the most influential people in Torn. I thanked them and enjoyed the drinks. I kept drinking and drinking. I wished I died. I owed Duke millions of dollars and I lost all at the casino. My death was imminent anyway. As I intoxicated myself with alcohol, I suddenly overheard a few words from the same couple that offered me a drink. They were drunk too, and they spoke slightly too loudly.


‘’That red guy! Hahaha! What a joke!’’
‘’ He pissed his pants when I pointed my luger at him. What a baby!’’
‘’Easy money and faction leader happy! Cheers to senator (name that I won’t say)!’’
‘’Cheers!’’

Even though I was drunk, I understood what they meant. They threatened a senator to vote for whatever law they wanted to see in place. I couldn't care more about it. I looked at the old clock barely hanging on the wall and told myself it was late. I got up, went to the bathroom, and left the bar.

As I turned the corner of the street, I saw those same two men smoking in that back alley. They must have left when I went to the bathroom. A sudden urge of smoking led me to the men, and I asked them for a smoke. They accepted generously and offered me a nice Cuban cigar. At that moment, I felt jealousy and hatred. They were lucky, rich, loved, famous. Their clothes alone could pay off my debt. Maybe their wallet could even give me the dream life I have always wanted. They pitied me, and I hated that feeling, but pity comes with a price for them and an advantage for me. Trust. People often underestimate those they pity. They tend to trust them. Even cold-blooded and experienced killers made the mistake of trusting a feeble weakling like me.

The macabre thought did not even fully cross my mind when I pulled out the pen knife I always carried on me and stabbed the one handing me a cigar savagely in the chest. Blood and pain blocked his throat before he could express his surprise. Then, I tackled the second guy who still had not understood the situation and slit opened his throat. Alcohol has a slowing effect on some and a boost on others. I felt ecstasy as his blood gushed out spraying on my face. I turned to my first victim and skinned him alive, little by little. While he screamed in pain, I laughed to tears. Their everything was mine. I did not have to live like a rat anymore. That was the first time I mugged people, and it is not the last.

Enjoy!
Jz_
PPrincess [2529245]
Words in italic represent thoughts.
750 words (first version has almost 1k)

Enjoy :)

Wife in Torn


The dawn was bloody, announcing the outcome of this day. City dwellers were still cocooned in their beds, after the night of gambling, killing… watching porn. Lila was awake though, going through the checklist all over again. This was her big day and she won’t screw it up. She’s been preparing for this for years. Setting the little stones in place, meeting the right people, climbing up the ladder in her gang, White Bunnies.
Her phone rang. “Rendezvous time 8 am. Extraction time 12 am.” - a voice said.
Click. The line was dead. The third step was set in motion. It was almost time for her husband to come home. Not from work but from his mistress. It took her months to find the right girl which will keep her husband mesmerized. Rory was a perfect choice with her looks, kinks and personality.
Lila was flipping pancakes when the door of the house opened. He was sneaking in but she met him in a hallway with a smile “Come, I have breakfast ready”. He beamed up “Hey, sweetheart. Already up?”
“Wanted to make you breakfast.” She gave her cheating husband a small peck on his lips. Just several more hours and I’m done with you.
“Hon, I’ll go now to Richard to drop the package.”
“Yeah, you mentioned that yesterday but maybe you can go a bit later” Sam responded while kissing her neck and groping her boobs.
“I’d love to but you need some rest, you had a hard night.” She kept her face neutral.
He let her go “Always thinking of me, sweetheart.”
“Always” - she gave him a kiss and left the house.
Lila took her favorite car, stopped in a dark alley, changed into a business outfit, put on a wig and big sunglasses. From soon previous life she was taking only her purse. As she was getting a cab, she noticed men entering the ally carrying a heavy load. Her Mustang will have a big car accident resulting in a fire. Recently she found a girl matching her description in a morgue. Nameless corpse will take Lila’s place in the car, her dental record matching Lila’s.
The trip to the bank’s vault went pristine as she had access codes and it was expected today for a large sum to be withdrawn. She was able to manipulate her husband into making such a request today. It was White Bunnies main vault but the real wealth was in bank accounts and transferring funds to her accounts was her next move. Lila had a partial code for accounts and making a physical trip to the bank was necessary for her hacker to do the job. She sent him a message with just a smile emoticon. Soon the same emoticon was returned. She dropped the phone in the garbage can and proceeded to her extraction point. She’ll have to wait there a couple of hours.
The outskirts of the Torn city looked rugged and empty. One of the abandoned burned warehouses was a perfect location for her extraction point. Noon was near and she was getting restless. Her plan was going smoothly and when do plans work meticulously?
Lila leaped at the sound of the door opening and her face dropped. There he was, her beginning and the end. “Miss me, wife?” Running was pointless, she’ll meet him head on.
“Wife? How’s Rory?”
He grabbed her by the throat, the pleasantries time was over.
“I’ll cut you to pieces for trying to rob me. You involved too many people and one of them talked. You were cheap, you should have paid them more.”
She fell on the floor taking hits all over her body. She was trying to catch her breath. Begging was out of question, he had no mercy. He pulled her back up by the hair. Pain was everywhere. She had only one more option which would save her or seal her fate. She plunged a knife in his abdomen, twisting it for a bigger impact. His other hand went for the knife, they struggled for dominance. A sharp pain in the chest left her breathless. She lost a footing, dropping to her knees, taking him down also. The tears were falling down freely, she didn’t want to die but it was better than to be a slave to men and live her life in fear. She took one last look to her husband. A blood and bile was coming from his mouth. One motherf**ker down. She smiled.
ZAYN [1181209]

[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)][background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)][/background]
[/background]


[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)][background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)][background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]The Encounter[/background]
[/background]
[/background]



“If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.”

[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]That little gem of wisdom rang in my head as I stared blankly ahead. What was once inside the vault was now gone. One billion dollars in cash.[/background]




I clenched my fist and punched the wall. Damn!

***



I was feeling lucky that night. I entered the Casino and pulled a chair in the nearest poker table. There were several people there. I didn’t really pay much attention usually, but she managed to draw mine.

Her face exuded charm and beauty. Her hair was dark and wavy. Her eyes were blue as the ocean. She smiled and winked at me.

I played a few rounds. Some people left and joined. Hours passed by and without me realizing, there’s now only both of us left at the table.

“Hey, handsome! Go big or go home?” she asked. She put all her chips to the center of the table, going all in. She looked at me, eyebrow raised and a pretty smile.

Something about her demeanor distracted me. It could be her eyes, could be her smile, could be the way she talked. I didn’t know what came over me as I reached to my chips and pushed all to the center of the table.

She put down her cards, “Three of a kind, Aces.” she mumbled under her breath.

I breathed a sign of relief as I showed my cards, “Full house!”

She cheered, “Congratulations! Now, you gotta buy me drinks!” she got up and walked to the bar. She stopped and glanced back to me, “Now, big boy!”

I followed her to the bar. We spent the rest of the night drinking, laughing and sharing stories. We just clicked. One thing led to another. It was definitely a night full of passion.


***



RING! RING!

I checked my phone. It’s her. Emotions ran wild as I answered the call.

“Babe, meet me at the Torn City Docks in an hour. I gotta go.”

CLICK.

***


“Do you, Aquariuz, take Moonwalker to be your wedded wife, in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, to love and cherish, from this day forward until death do you part?”

I had a stupid smile plastered on my face as I looked at the lovely woman in front of me. She looked perfect in her dress. I was a very lucky man indeed.

“I do!”

“Then by the power vested in me by Chedburn and man, I pronounce you wife and husband.”

I pulled her closer and kissed her on the lips. The crowd was wild. Cheers from friends and faction mates were heard around the Church.

“I love you, Moon!” I whispered to her ear. She just smiled and hugged me.

***


I parked my Sierra Cosworth in the lot and headed out to the pier. We had a special spot. I got there but she had not arrived yet.

Suddenly, I felt something cold and metal pressed to the back of my neck.

“How stupid could you be, babe?” I heard her voice.

“Can I ask you something first, Moon?” My hands are up in the air, “Is any of it real? The time that we spent together, all the missions we completed together, the merit we hunted together?”

There was silence at first, “You could never understand.”

“Actually, I do. I know what I was signing up for.”

“What…what do you mean?”

“I’ve ran into the likes of you. You use your looks to deceive people,” I explained calmly, “I’ve done my homework. I know you’ve been sending my money and my gifts to some other people.”

“You…you don’t know what you’re talking about…!” her voice started shaking.

“Before I come, I made some calls and tracked your activity. They found discrepancy and suspicious logs. It’s over, Moon. They’re coming.”

She laughed, “Turn around, babe. I want to see your face when I shoot you.”

I turned around with my hands in the air.

“No hard feelings, babe!” she took her aim.

I closed my eyes and heard a click, then it’s silence. I opened my eyes and she’s gone. Her gun was on the ground but she was nowhere to be seen.

Still in shock, I pulled up my phone and accessed the City Hall website. I looked up her profile page and can’t help but smile.

In federal jail permanently

Who’s laughing now, bitch?


***



Notes : Word Count : 737 Words. Inspired by a true event in this game. My ex-partner is a current resident of the Federal Jail.
pops333 [1887093]
750 words

He's a potential client, even if you despise him, ran through my thoughts. His cash is just as good as any other's. I suppose. Especially since I don't have any paying clients right now. Thanks to him.


"You've come highly recommended, sir” said the man sitting across my desk. His nasal voice sounded out of breath, something only the very rich can get away with.


"Oh?” He doesn't know who I am. And who in their right mind would recommend me to this snob anyway?


"The name's Charles Cavendish the Third and I've come to acquire your services.” He rudely pointed an ivory cane towards my chest.


I knew who he was but kept quiet. Before I could tell him where I wanted to shove his cane, he continued: “I need you to investigate a mugging. Several, actually. Someone in a balaclava has attacked me on numerous occasions and it's become a bother. It's not about the money you see, but more about the sheer inconvenience of it all.”


Charles droned on for another twenty minutes, striking his cane on the wooden floor the whole time. I was still debating whether or not to take him on as a client. He boasted on how he had borrowed money from Duke and used that to build his fortune: on the stock market, through business investments, blah, blah, blah. I tuned him out. I was more focused on how beating him with his own cane would cheer me up. When he mentioned his wife, I snapped back to reality.


"Helen and I got married in the United Arab Emirates three months ago in my castle in Dubai. She kept complaining about the hot weather and decided we should shorten our honeymoon. So, we come back to Torn.”


You did what?? That trollop! Why that conniving, little bitch! Wait 'til I get....


I stood from my chair and was about to jump over my desk to throttle the pompous pile of dung when a moment of clarity hit my brain. I don't get them often. And this one stung. A lot.


"Are you okay? You look like you just swallowed a cactus,” said Charles.


I blinked several times before my rage subsided. The blurriness subsided and Charles's face swam back into view. “I'm fine.” I sat down.


Oh brother! You two are meant for each other.


I finally said, “My fee is $250,000. Half up front, the rest when the job is done. Plus expenses, of course.”


"Of course,” said Charles.


We shook hands and Charles left my office. I needed to clear my head so I grabbed a bottle of Scotch and poured myself a double, without ice of course.


Who puts ice in Scotch?


As the Scotch soothed my body, my brain went into overdrive. My wife Helen disappeared ten months ago. Poof! Try as I might, I couldn't find her. My business dried up.


Who would hire a private investigator that can't even find his own wife?


But before she left, she knew I found out she was fooling around with bonehead Charles. He also disappeared without a trace the same time as Helen.


She never bothered telling him that she is still married to me. The cow!


She had left me after I lost my money gambling so she must have married Charles for his fortune. She must have married there since polygamous marriages were allowed in the UAE.


I made a phone call to Duke to confer my previous suspicions. After I hung up, I leaned back and plopped my feet on my desk. I felt good.... REALLY good.


Finally, all my troubles will go away and I won't have to lift a finger. Helen was the one who recommended me to Charles. She knows I have a short temper and that I'd kill him once I found out they got married. Then she'd get his money.


Duke confirmed that Helen hired one of his goons to mug Charles. Apparently it took several muggings to get Charles to hire a detective, namely me. But she never paid the goon. Duke also confirmed that Charles still owes him a lot of money. It took some doing, but I convinced Duke that it was bad business to have two deadbeats walking around. Alive.


I closed my eyes.


They won't be for long. And as the widow, I would inherit it all. I'm killing two birds with one stone and that stone is called Duke.
Limstella [2667391]
Limstella

She could see the twinkle in his eyes. Deep blue bursting with stars; with want , with a longing as deep as the ocean.
The drive to the dinner was short, quiet but was filled with side eyes and red cheeks. Lim found it hard to believe that there were still gentleen like Jacob around. Sheremembers snickering when she saw other guys that for other girls, but now that girl is her she didn't "You're finally awake...what is your name beautiful?" As he tucked his excitement in with a gulp of his spit. "I found you bleeding out in an ally and was barely able to revive you so i checked you into the hospi -" she grabbed his arm so swift and tight that the words flew out of his mouth quicker that his heart beat. "Limstella" , she mustered faintly, beneath a sore cough. He tried to hide his smile but his blushes you could almost feel. "Stella! As in like stars right? Well that definitely suits you! I'm Jacob by the way" She could see his confidence seeping through. She pulled herself up to sit up on the bed, shrugging his hands away as her eyes gleamed out of the window. "Yes 'Stella' as a star but 'Lim' as devoid. I'd say it definitely suits me." She turned to him and held his hand again but this time gently and with a sharp exhale she thanked him. "Jacob, can we go get something to eat,? I'm starved." He didn't even try to convince her to stay. The conviction in her eyes made it clear he couldn't stop her from leaving.


The drive to the dinner was short and quiet but filled with side eyes and red cheeks. She remembered snickering at men who held doors and pulled chairs for ladies, but now she was the lady and didn't know how to react. He even ordered the food for her.
"So what do you do? And how did you end up crossing my path?" She blurted out as her eyes locked at his as she twirled her hair. At this point he practically told her his life story up to that point and out of it all only two things stood out. That he's a doctor and trader and that he was on his way home from the bank when he found her. The waitress interrupted him just enough for Lim to pull her blouse down enough to expose a little more than she should. She kept her gaze outside of the dinner and sure enough as the waitress walked away his eyes were stuck on Lim. The insect and the fly trap. He turned red as devils dick and a smurk grew on his face. "Hey Lim? Wanna head out of here, you can spend the night with me and I could take care of you real good." He was leaking of excitement at this point. She slowly turned her head with a smile and without hesitation threw a glass at him. "I was attacked and beaten on the streets! You found me and helped me and because of that you think I owe you my body?! f**k you! You're just another asshole!" The red on his face quickly reduced to a dead man's pale as she stormed out the door.


Jacob sat for a while sulking and trying to figure out what he did wrong and by the time he was ready to leave it was already dark. By the time he made it to his car he made up his mind it was a night for the red light district. But before he could turn the key for his door, the stars in his eyes flew out of his head as he hit the ground and fell into darkness.


*Phone rings on other end*
"Hey it's Lim. I'm heading to you now. You left me on the street after the last fight and some idiot doctor found me, took me to the hospital and revived me.
No. He doesn't know about any of it. I played him like a fiddle and stole his car and his money, and I mean a briefcase filled with it!
So that was the last fight I were to lose to you. I need my money Dax...I'm coming for it now."
TonyCream [2625416] Reporter
The deadline is finally here. I will be taking a bit of time to go through all of the submissions. I'll be making my decisions soon but with the amount of entries I've received the judging is going to be harder than I originally expected. Your patience is appreciated and a huge thank you to everyone who wrote or read. This is just the start of what I hope to be a continuously growing movement.

Check back soon for the results.
TonyCream [2625416] Reporter
I can finally announce that the winners of the Creative Writing Competition are:

1st Place - Arcellia!

2nd Place - UpAndComing

3rd Place - Bouffon.

Thank you all again so much for the time you've made on these entries. I was blown away by the quality. They made my morning train commutes that much more special and I would love seeing new notifications appearing to tell me more stories had been added.

I will surely be running another competition again in the future so be sure to keep an eye out for your chance to win some really big prizes!