Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Another Dark Theme Thread

Started by Legaci [2100546] on in General Discussion.

33 replies · 450 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 34 / 34 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
34
Discussion span
→
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
55 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Legaci [2100546]
So, i am curious.

Who is using the dark theme? I have to say, im a huge fan! No more squinting at my screen.

Have you found any issues? What do you think of the theme?
Hamr [2027992]
Dark is dank, and doesn't hurt my eyes.

I live like a vampire, and Torn is now both my drug *and* enabler
aHunterGatherer [2657909]
Some parts don't darken: the "suggested factions" list, some of the DoctorN charts .. little things around the edges.
Shavedarmpit [2360543]
I use light mode.
I don't mean to be mean but Torn's dark theme is so ugly. Chatboxes are still white too. I don't know. It's just really ugly and just looks bad.
YouTube, Reddit look great though. I hope none of the developers will have hard feelings. Dark theme on Torn is ugly.
I'm a fan of dark themes, but not on Torn. I hope it'll improve and it's still beta.

Everything in dark mode is ugly. Absolutely everything.
KPCSlor [1557404]
Loving Dark Theme, but also love Torn Tools which hasn't quite caught up yet. So things like the TT filters on stocks will need some tweaking.
CoolguyRuler [2183404]
Always use Normal when at work. It makes you seem like you're on an "official" site. It would raise some eyebrows if it went black *Wink Wink*

Maybe my coworkers would even call it tornhub
Shoop [1326199]
I’ve never seen the problem with the original white screen. Just turned my brightness down if it was too bright..
Dalzadar [2242727]
I cycle between the two, but I am waiting for a lot of the kinks to be ironed out of Dark Mode before I use it all the time. Lots of unreadable info, poor contrasts, and unreadable font colors still - the dark mode bugs thread is loaded with posts that once resolved should make dark mode worth it. Very optimistic.
DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee Committee
TornTools is being worked on, hoping to release it by the end of next week, including easter egg hints.

Due to the missing areas, I still prefer light theme myself though.
Beerstein [1322136]
Am 50/50 because the bright stuff from torntools that pops up is almost more annoying than light mode atm since it stands out so bright. That's not on Torn though.
Legaci [2100546]
Doctorn is old! use Totntools

Also, same problem applies, however, recent updates will fix that im sure in no time