Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

NS v SA It's finally HAPPENING!

Started by LusT [859510] on in Faction Discussion.

1,649 replies · 69.6k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 1,650 / 1,650 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor
First off, until you yourself fight a top faction like NS in the new system, your comments mean absolutely nothing. Guess what, this is brand new, so you haven't. This is the first major battle of the system, so there are things to be learned here before smart asses like you flick your fingers onto your keyboard. Listen up kiddo. This is brand new. So I suggest shutting up.

We can't even get revived to have a chance to fight back. It has nothing to do with heart. It has to do with our revivers are completely and totally out of energy. They can't revive us when there is literally only 3 people in NS even making attacks. (I'm not kidding) It's mostly Blaze and Driekke... Some hits by deft that i've seen against myself, but literally, it's mostly all blaze and Driekke.. That's literally how it is. They are in Farms or Candleshops... and just converting Job Points to energy. There's like 3 or 4 NS members even making attacks, while the rest of them gloat about how awesome they are while doing literally nothing. We can't fight back against these guys because we are all capped for revive cooldowns. Apparently this is by design? 2 or 3 extremely high stated players can pin entire factions? So they can't do anything? That's literally what is happening right now. Absolutely what is happening right now.

I'm not considering this even remotely a win for NS, this is an abomination, we've been cheated by the game programmers. WE cant even get out of the hospital because of 2 f**king players. Yeah, that's fair. You wanna see a game die, that's the way to do it.

Nice update. I look forward to even minor tweaks. Because right now, it's insanity. It's unplayable.

And for anyone wondering, yes I have a suggestions thread up to revent this abomination of an update, or at least make changes to it. All my downvotes are NS members. Wonder why....
Scootaloo [1590427]
The most incredible thing was the strawmanning of the conflict. NS have pretty well detailed the reasons why they took this approach, proving proof by the way, that every other attempt at warring has either been stonewalled by deliberately obsolescent beaurocracy or subverted by other game mechanics or holidays.

The genius rebuttal to this is that NS should have tried to set something up.

Ohadik, c'mon man.
Indubitably [2117849]
This sentiment will be shared by a lot of people once other factions start warring so I'm not going to say you're wrong... I don't think anyone will disagree 1 person should not be able to permahosp 3+ people in a war. At most, it should be 2 because if 3 people outstat you in a war they basically 100% won.

The update sucks, but there's no way the whole blame is put on the update. SA simply didn't step up to the point we're all looking for ways it could somehow be a diversion. Hope you guys don't go quietly into the night, NS and basically everyone expected a very close to even war not an absolute stomp.
Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor
The problem, which if it stays the way it is, you'll find out. There is no fair fight. I am not exaggerating when I say it's literally a 3 vs 100 right now... and their 3 because the outstat us, are winning. It's brutal. And I'm not sure what the actual fix for it is, or balance, but it was far more balanced before this update. I can say that much.
Hedas [1880839]
Lol, i was writting something else but while doing it realised u have to be insane.

Also isnt hilde and lonewolf stronger or just as strong??
Beerstein [1322136]
You forgot Jesus

Edit: Just read Ohadiks post, add "The game programmers" because when SA is stronger "Well we logged in and trained more and put more work in" but when they're weaker it's "The game programmers"

The top-heavy side has always had an advantage. The top players have always had serious pinning power which was literally only offset at all (but certainly not enough to swing a war) by throwing countless billions at revivers. All this did was at best make that more clear and save money by speeding along the process. Or at least give you an excuse to save money while not putting 100% in.

SA as #2 faction beating anyone else: We WoRkEd FoR iT
SA as #2 faction being hit by #1 faction: iTs NoT fAiR
JrPacman [1537436]
I think my criticism of SA in this war has been mainly about how you guys have been reacting in this forum thread. I see so many excuses from SA members other than the medical / revive changes but you seem to be pinning this whole failure on the recent updates. I am not getting into technical reason of your failure or 'defeat' , but more about your faction's reaction to this war. Your reasoning have been all over the place.

IF indeed the revive changes are so detrimental , then i am sure people will figure it out sooner or later and things will change anyway. If you guys think the revive changes are the sole reason your faction is being beat up by NS , then you shoulda articulated your POV in this thread instead of throwing out garbage reasons.

First off, until you yourself fight a top faction like NS in the new system, your comments mean absolutely nothing. - You guys had started whining about the war and updates before you even had changed to war perks and were still fake walling. Take your own advice first.
Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor
And we are experiencing the affects of the new update. And the results are the same? What is the point you are trying to prove?

Are you expecting me to 180 and say? Or maybe I didn't get my shit pushed in enough, so lets do another round?

Assuming nothing changes... Can't wait til NS wars you. Because they absolutely will, and you know it. Have fun. You'll be eating these comments in no time.
JrPacman [1537436]
You said that I cant comment until i war NS , but your members ran their mouth in here and suggestion section even before the war had actually started properly . I guess you have some members in your faction who do not agree with your own opinions. I think that is a bigger issue than me speaking my mind of what I see . Are SA leaders unable to form a coherent opinion among themselves and its members ?

NS has already kicked your ass enough that I am not sure if you are even able to 'shit' , let alone push it anywhere . But sure we can do another round.

My comments are of my own and I am criticizing the attitude of SA rather than any of the technical stuff . I am ready to eat my comments If I do the same . Cheers
xanty [1169571]
Inb4 NS 1 starts to quit by lack of competitiveness from their enemies and SA regains the #1.

ehehehh

PS - stockmarket still open I guess the 4th has 24h window so can be at any moment >.<


*edit* seriously now, I think outside hits also need a tweak since, and by what I understood, to be considered outside hit the faction needs to have an amount of outside hits of at least their # of members. Example, let’s imagine SA hires BB to sit on deft and peni, doing like 10 attacks on each, if he is the only one doing outside hits on NS, this means deft and peni will never be able to early discharge, correct?
Cerberus [1525824]
I'm not sure if you've heard, but there's this relatively new feature called 'Group Attack' that works pretty swell.