Hi!
The ability for factions to be able to loan out enhancers such as suitcases would be really cool. To be able to tell prospective or current members that you can offer suitcases on loan would be beneficial for recruitment but also provides a new element for users to think about when looking for a new faction. Flying based factions would be able to offer this as a perk, as well as crime based factions would be able to offer perks for other enhancers.
I'd love to hear what others think on this :)
I'm an illegal soft toy and flower importer. I would appreciate this and I am definitely not being forced to say this under duress
Or you could save up and buy your own
I agree, This would help new players just getting to level 15 a chance to earn more on travels from the Faction they are in instead of fending for themselves. Buying enhancers may seem cheap to most of us but makes a different for newer players just starting out.
Put it this way, yes they can buy their items own eventually, but not all players play this game religiously like some and have lives. In the way you're explaining it makes it sound like they have money or there isn't a point in having items in the armory because you can save up and buy it.
You could - but newer members struggle with financing anything in the first period of torn, and often give up and quit. Incentivising people to stay, not only helps traffic on torn but brings in potential future revenue later down the track. This isn't a bad option for factions.
If you let your faction members sell loss for one day (3 xan, refill + natural e), they'll be able to afford one within the same day.
Here's the math (no donator status needed even):
With Donator status:
Total e: 750e (3 xan) + 150e (refill) + 720e from natural e regen = 1620e = 64 attacks/losses = ~16m at 300k each loss minus expenses
Without Donator status:
Total e: 750e + 0e (not worth refilling) + 480e from nat e = 1230e = 49 attacks/losses = ~12m at 300k each loss minus expenses
Selling losses is not a long term strat but early on it's more cost-effective for newbie without any other income sources.
Your Easter egg was mean xD
I agree, but those losses come at a cost to the faction via respect. So wouldn't it be more worth it for a faction to pay for the items and loan them, keep the respect and the items when the users no longer need them? :)
Getting attacked will lose faction respect. attacking and losing doesn't. I agree with the mentality of stopping the member from selling losses early after they're financial independent but going too strict (complete prohibition) is a little iffy.
And yeah, I don't see why not anyway.
Aaa I'm rusty I totally forgot about this point.
Your answer is really valid then.
It's not the fact of being too strict. We don't want our players getting into a habit of doing that. There are plenty of methods of obtaining money. To me selling loses is a last ditch resort.
Some factions like us want to help and promote growth to our players and make them feel welcomed.
In the end it's a win / win for the faction and newer players.
As stated, I do agree with not wanting faction members to be dependent on selling losses. I also sold losses for a while and I wish I've stopped on the third day after being able to afford the PI rental, the Donator pack and the Large Suitcase. But I still think unless you're going premium (spending money in Torn), selling losses at the beginning is a good way to get a solid financial foundation to kickstart a newbie's life in Torn. Some newbie (or most likely restart) could be smart and hustle but we're talking exceptions, not the norm here.
Anyway, I digress, the suggestion itself is good. I don't think there's anything wrong with including the loan of Enhancer. Maybe it could be a service for faction to loan out Wind Proof Lighters, one of the more expensive enhancers to the members too. For example, my faction loans out a Golden AK for the top hitter of the most recent chain, a Wind Proof Lighter loan could be a strong incentive for members to participate in chains.
You're right, didn't mean to come off wrong way. Each Faction has their own method on success and how they welcome new players. For example, I trade with new players and give them free stuff every now or then. If they need something to actually do the job at hand. I don't mind reaching out and helping. In the end it depends on the player if they want to grow or not.
Lol all new players want more help and more help and let’s make things as easy as possible
Torn is supposed to be a struggle especially at the beginning - I agree with comment earlier. Save up
Was this a generalised statement because of my accounts age? :)
You could say it’s a generalisation, something I see a lot is newer players that want things to be implemented because the start is hard. It’s supposed to be and even mid-late game is still hard. Torn is a game of longevity. There are lots of ways to earn money as a new player, it’s all about building your own account.
I’m gonna sound like an old nagger but back when I started playing, Torn was 100x more difficult. It’s all about finding your way and these days it’s super easy for a new account to make money. Having perks to increase the amount you can fly with is enough, but if someone’s too lazy to work towards buying a suitcase then that’s their problem and maybe someone you wouldn’t want in your faction.
I see your point and I totally get it. I guess from my experience, when I first started it took me forever to get on my feet, and if it wasn't for my faction and for other members I'd have quit. In fact, I did, but it was the people who brought me back.
As a faction leader, my mindset is different. I don't really want to fight the same old people and have the same old conversations, and so with that I find entertainment with fresh voices and fresh opinions, and I want them to stick around. If I was in a position to loan them items via the faction to help them grow, instead of paying out of my pocket for them to own them. I guess it's not dishing out as much if I were to have the feature :)
Yeah I hear you - I love helping people out, if it’s doing giveaways, cheap property rentals, advice or whatever, I love when the Torn community comes together. I still find it better for people to find their own way, learn, make mistakes, become self sufficient but I’m not saying help can’t be provided. It’s not like they’re crazy expensive at all and by level 15 I’d expect someone should be able to afford a large suitcase
SS - $1.9m
MS - $4m
LS - $10m
If they can’t afford a large one they can definitely start on smaller variants and grind until they can. Even if this suggestion was implemented, I’d suggest only being able to store 3-5 of each suitcase to maybe help a few - not that everyone would need it though. And having it on loan won’t contribute to personal perks. Don’t necessarily think having them for rental will make a difference to recruitment as opposed to having an increased amount of travel items. Personally I don’t think it should be a thing but I wish you all the best of luck :)
I’d like this just to help promising noobs get a jumpstart without risk of them walking away with my $10m suitcase. R+
Bump