While I can understand a lot of the criticism, people really need to stop acting like this helps the "established elite" of the game. The old systems allowed players with hundreds of billions to invest to buy stocks when they were low and sell them when they were high and make profits in the 10s of billions. I know people who made in excess of 50b multiple times in the old system and almost never made any losses. The passive income that they can get from stacking benefits is absolute peanuts compared to what they would make by buying low and selling high in the old system with almost no risk.
Even the stackable E benefit is nothing compared to being able to fund dozens of SE's every time they made this kind of profit.
here's a wild idea: listen to what those hundreds of children want
maybe every 10th update, make it about what the community has been asking for
maybe try to be open to the needs & wants of all, not just a handful of old players
it's awesome to see so many updates in such a short time! Personally I can't say I agree with any of them, but I do love to see the more "hands on" approach lately.
but maybe, just maybe, for only 5 minutes, listen to what your paying customers want
All the tears over how it benefits the rich and the rest of us get shit on in the stock market... Kinda like real llfe too... Almost like it was working as intended. Not sayin I like it either, I just find it funny how few realize what's what.
oh f**k yeah. 214m for 100E = 4 revives for reviving factions. selling it at 800k each, even if half the people don't pay thats 1.6m a week value for 214m = 133.75.
If you actually get paid for every revive, then its 66.8m making it the best value stock I've found.
if you can get at least 600k value from ur 25E it's on par with all TCT FHG and symbiotic, and in order for it to be worse than HRG you'd have to value your 25E at less than 350k.
I don't understand why you didn't keep increment one as the same for things like hrg and then buff as you invest more. It's made my shares completely useless, I have already lost 5-600m on MCS and now have to add another 400m to get the same payout etc.. This just makes passive income from BBs next to impossible for newer or returning players with low nw. I have my fhg, great but it completely wipes out my lsc, hrg and lls and lowers payout of my others too. How am I meant to scrounge 1.8bn to reopen hrg? I have around 3bn total nw, that's just ridiculous!
I understand this side of the conversation, but I don't know if it holds up; there are layers beyond "can a user cash out" when it comes to the exchange of fiat currency for in-game currency.
The same could be said about many other games that offer paid DLC and in-game markets; there's a lot of heavy legal hurdles with them and this has parallels. It's been a huuuuuuge slog in recent weeks figuring out how to do this properly for another company and I can absofruitly say that "removing an asset from a user and refunding them in-game the value of what was removed" absolutely does not suffice, legally.
Again; no idea if I am up or down in Torn terms - also don't care (much). It's about the non-consensual control of somebody else's assets who were not presented with options or fair warning.
Lol Thanks to such 90bil NW, company owner, comitee member we have such changes. Feel free to continue playing with others 10 years old and saying that new players are "retarted" Dont be suprised that new players leave/dont donate/ dont put effort into this game.
stock market has existed in this game for yonks. Now it's more easily accessible so all the noobs can join in without having to eye the best blocks for months waiting for stock to become available. a few blocks got more expensive, but the payout is balanced. per my above post, there are atleast 6-7 other stocks you want to own before HRG anyway since HRG's value isn't that great. and if you already own the 7 other stocks, quit crying about not getting any benefit, you're getting the benefit of 7 stocks, save up just like you did for those and reap the buffed rewards once you've saved.
It's a game of many variables though. If you put all your eggs in one basket, you're bound to get screwed. That goes that same for someone who only gyms, or only trades. There's always gonna be something that comes out and nerfs that niche your exploiting.
I'm really, honestly, very happy to revert them back to their old inferior states if players really want that. For example, HRG would go back to not having Private Islands available, and we'd return the weighted chances (I.e. Around 1% chance of a Castle).
It really doesn't phase me either way, I just thought this new way was cleaner, far more satisfying to achieve, and less deceptive.
If someone wants to put up a poll in GD be my guest! This is all absolutely mind boggling to me, but I'm more than happy to respect the community decision there! :)
Once you pay for torn donator packs your money is gone IIRC, chargebacks get you banned so again there is no legal way to cash out. There are no deeper layers to torn, you donate, your money is now in the form of torn currency, you lose that money? tough shit.
You make it seem as though the older players benefitted from the change..
They too have to spend another 136m to have that block, which depending on how much the price of Lotto Vouchers go up, have to wait for more than year for it to even break-even..