Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

MCS Tier 3

Started by Marijuana [2400689] on in Questions & Answers.

45 replies · 1.04k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 46 / 46 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

bogie [148747] Admin Staff
I think perhaps you've misunderstood slightly. Your available benefits will be able to be withdrawn at any point, but the timer won't resume until you have withdrawn them.

So if you take more than a full day to withdraw that's just an extra day you have to wait until the next payout of that particular benefit.

I hope that clarifies.
Rum4nyby [1567187]
After 7 days it just applies. So on all races you join and complete, you'd get 10% extra DS.

Good to know I'm not the only one that bought TCM now that it isn't a totally worthless sack of shit :D
Marijuana [2400689]
So basically nothing is actually stackable like stated? You get to hold one and if you do, you won't gain a benefit the following week? I don't think the word stackable should even be used.
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor
I think you're probably confused?

You can buy multiple increments of a benefit, e.g. you can buy enough to get 2 FHCs per week, rather than 1.

What you can't do, is leave your FHC benefits running for 2 weeks, and come back to claim 4. You would have to claim 2 after 1 week, and then 2 the next week.

Same principle applies for MCS.
Marijuana [2400689]
I think your confused as to what I'm saying. As what you just said is what I said.


Just because you can get up to three items in a payout doesn't make it "stackable." Stackable would be the second thing you said which isn't a possibility. Stackable would be not claiming any for a month or two and they are all there to claim
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor
Okay so all thats happening here is you're arguing semantics over the use of the word "stackable" ? A word I don't recall using nor did I see Ched using anywhere, maybe I missed it...
Mizadil [2640357] Committee Committee
I happen to have a bag of dogshit sitting around, but I think its too valuable to use on Marijuana [2400689].

Mentions: Marijuana [2400689]

Alfi [2156072]
Fantastic change rewarding activity and gameplay decisions.

No more going inactive for a few years to return to play in God-mode with accumulated benefits for literally investing some pixel cash a long time ago.

Should hopefully put a dent in RMT for buying dormant accounts too.
SpecialAgent7 [2570711]
Thanks, that does clarify it. But this is different from the old stock system in that previously you could get dividends/payouts even while inactive, right?
Ninivah [1950421]
Considering the alternative is recieving a random 300e at random times like just as you took off or when you are stacked to 1k, having it being available at your own discretion is great.
Dexter [1381769]
Graved at request

Edit: Moved back to Q&A as this is a useful question and people will want answers to
Baden [516131]
I’d agree with the dogshit idea but not bc of MCS, I understand not letting ppl stack E like that. I don’t like that all the other item or property paying dividends now require activity to pay out. I used to take months or year long breaks from the game logging in every 3 months to re-up bank. It was nice seeing all the payouts stacked up in events and inventory.
Baden [516131]
The perks of going inactive for years at a time with BBs don’t make you godlike. Trust me, I’m an (underpowered) expert.
Baden [516131]
Stocks payouts should be based on dollar investments, not logins. Why should my 3 billion dollars of support to HRG payout less than active players if I leave the city for a while? Do I not still have the same amount invested? I have a 401k IRL but I don’t comment to Wall Street every week so they don’t forget about me. Requiring logins and babysitting a button doesn’t make much sense in terms of long term investments.
vengeance_torn [2191529]
Related question -- how do the 1 week/1 month timers for stock benefits work?

Do they last exactly 1 week in TORN time from the time you claim your benefit (ex. claim MCS at 7:34 AM April 12, timer lasts exactly until 7:34 AM April 19)?

Or is it locked to the day on which the payout was claimed -- so I could claim my MCS at 3:00 PM April 12 and again at 9:30 AM April 19 without a 'full' week passing.