19 replies · 395 views · thread synced · 8 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
20
Discussion span
→
People posting
17
Likes on archived posts
39
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
32 / 100
Story score
50 / 100
Engagement score
68 / 100
Most-liked replies
Tipsy[1160609]
· 9 likes · I wasn't going to post but since someone else already made the post, may as well jump in :P I've done this comp for years, and while I've never been in the Newspaper as a winner I've always managed to …
CloudJumper[1636201] · 3 likes · I am afraid this is just RNG. I have been playing super actively close to 16h a day (due to the bug reports associated with the new stock market). I have found 3 eggs on the first day and nothing …
Rytis[388876]
· 2 likes · Oh wow, I wasn't aware of that. I've probably killed my spawn chances by trying to investigate this... Initially I thought this was Brave browser messing something up (it has a tendency to do that on some sites due to …
Hey, I'm sorry to make this thread and I've been holding off for quite a while because I'm sure it must just be rng, however, I have played the game every single day since the start of the easter competition and quite a bit more each day than I normally do, I'm using the relevant scripts to notify me when an egg appears on both my computer and my phone and I know they work as it notified me of the only egg that's spawned which was on the first day. I'm also hitting random pages every few hours.
Is there an issue with egg spawning or am I just being extremely unlucky as not a single egg has spawned in the past few days?
I have noticed that for me the eggs appear in the DOM, but for some reason the image doesn't load. When I do inspect element, I can clearly see that the HTML code is there, but visually there's nothing. When I click on the element, it disappears but the egg does not get counted.
I wasn't going to post but since someone else already made the post, may as well jump in :P
I've done this comp for years, and while I've never been in the Newspaper as a winner I've always managed to keep in the top 10%. However this year, I'm with the OP, I found one egg an hour and a half into the event and haven't seen any since. I'm currently sitting way down at 44%. I have had busy hours where I haven't played but but I'm generally fairly active. I am using doctorn (I know the use of this is controversial...) but I have had it installed for years, I didn't go getting it especially for this event. It found my first egg but has showed nothing since. I am also scouring pages for eggs as much as as I can while I play, I'm not solely relying on doctorn and I don't even think it can be trusted after so many days with no egg notifications.
I know so many others who are using doctorn and not even looking for eggs themselves and they are at 8+ eggs without doing any of the leg work, they are letting the script do 100% of the work. It feels like it must be bad RNG but I know so many other players in the same boat (1 egg or even some on 0) that I figure it's worth supporting OP and hopefully someone can double check that everything is in fact working as it should be.
Editing to add: If using scripts (doctorn etc) results in a penalty of lower spawn rates why do some users appear to be unaffected while others are being severely affected? And how does the system choose who it's going to penalise and who it's going to leave in egg finding glory? Remember some users have found more than 8 eggs solely relying on doctorn. Also if this is in fact the case why isn't it clear to players that using extensions, some of which have been around for countless years can result in them being effectively blocked from participating in the competition entirely.
Apparently there is a secret cheat that if you both pray with 1000 energy (rosary beads ofc) and donate $1 billion daily it will increase your egg chances, I highly recommend trying it.
I found two the first day nothing since. I remember having the odd dry spell last year but nothing this long....especially considering the amount of time I have spent mindlessly navigating through random pages scouring for the little buggers.
Used doctorn last year with no issues towards my spawn rate:
"You came in 215th place on the Easter Egg Hunt competition. You have been credited with 10 tokens. Thank you for participating."
I had the same issue too. 3 eggs in the first 12 hours and nothing after that. Maybe it had anything to do with the fact that I sold them all.
The last 2 years I all placed in the top 10 with relatively high egg count. My activity level is consistent but the current absence of egg spawns is abnormal.
I am afraid this is just RNG. I have been playing super actively close to 16h a day (due to the bug reports associated with the new stock market). I have found 3 eggs on the first day and nothing since then. It is unfortunate, but possible.
Seems NOT random that a large group of players are having the same problem: found 1 egg on day one and nothing since. I'm no coder, but I have to wonder if something in the Tuesday update changed something?
Same here, only found one egg on the first day using a web browser after about 30 mins clicking through the different pages I usually play from a mobile device, and haven't seen any eggs on mobile. I'm fairly active but haven't seen any at all while just playing, and have been looking closely. I even saw a 3 day old person had found 5 eggs and couldn't even mug them in a jealous rage.
Yes, this. There are invisible fake eggs that auto-clicking scripts may click on, which if clicked would lower your egg spawn rate.
Scripts that simply highlight eggs wouldn't (or shouldn't) trigger these, although there's some debate about whether highlighting scripts also lower your egg spawn rate.
Oh wow, I wasn't aware of that. I've probably killed my spawn chances by trying to investigate this... Initially I thought this was Brave browser messing something up (it has a tendency to do that on some sites due to what I believe is their privacy protection thingy).
Actually I think that may be the case. I use Brave as well, and the eggs only show when it's at half-screen (mobile mode), but no issues on Chrome. It may be something in Brave that is preventing them from showing visually in full-screen? So far the spawn rate seems normal, I'm just not able to see them.
So the script that one of the STAFF MEMBERS made....gets us restricted from getting eggs? Damn, wouldn't that be the staff member's fault for creating the script?