19 replies · 265 views · thread synced · 5 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
20
Discussion span
→
People posting
12
Likes on archived posts
23
Authority score
9 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
47 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100
Most-liked replies
Sweeney_Todd[27468]
· 3 likes · Would that be because the vikings took over half the country, or that the Normans were half viking and half french? 1066 my friend...
Oh My, I shouldn't have come here! I love it! lol I sent in my DNA test and found out I have two older 1/2 siblings. My Mom admitted to it, even said she knew it was going to happen when I sent in my DNA. I've used both Ancestry (initially) and then 23andMe to confirm a 1/2 sibling. It's been great getting to know my 1/2 sister.
I love it too. I never fit in with my mom's side. I was the only one with dark hair and brown eyes. I never knew my birthfather. I was told he wasnt a good guy. So when my mom died I did my DNA test. I found out that he had 5 kids who are alot older than me. But I fit in with them!
That's awesome to hear that you were able to find them. Sometimes you have to wait to find that stuff out, unfortunately. My mom had two kids in her teens/late teens and both were given up for adoption. We found my half sister, or rather she found my cousin, then we started talking. she's awesome. We found out my half brother passed away a few years ago. So we won't get to know him, but we may be able to get to know his kids.
My aunt did an ancestry dna kit, and found out my great great aunt had 4 kids that we were told had been miscarriages but really given for adoption at birth... each one was placed with a family and had kids and grandkids... basically we found out we had like 20-30 more cousins in my generation lol that none of the 5 families knew about.
I was always told I had Native American ancestors. According to my dna, I’m Italian, English, Greek, and Scandinavian. Not even a little Native American.
That doesn't mean it's not there. It's all about what you got from your parents. You get 1/2 your dna from each parent, but it's a crapshoot what you get. You did the dna, now discover your ancestry, find out who they are and maybe you'll find that connection.
I also found out about my scandinavian ancestry with a DNA test....was always told about the Native American, but nobody ever mentioned being a Viking haha
I used ancestry.com. I have followed my family tree back to England, Ireland and Scotland.
According to DNA, the lines I can't find are French and Scandinavian. A lot of my family were on there and it came out accurate for us. We all have similar DNA. Just different as the different parentage.
lol only a couple did. The criminals had kids that were bushrangers The rest free settlers, here for adventure and wealth. No one has been to jail in the last 100 years in my family.