Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Struggling

Started by WarriorBlondie [2414596] on in General Non-related.

8 replies · 92 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
18
Authority score
33 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
51 / 100
WarriorBlondie [2414596]
I don't know why I am posting this, maybe because I am just feeling so low, but I am really struggling right now. I had another surgery last Thursday on my eye. I was hoping it was going to fix the issues that remained after the surgery I'd had in December but it turned out that things are now worse. In December, I had to have an artificial lens implant removed that had slipped out of place and damaged my cornea. I was supposed to get a new lens implant and a partial corneal transplant. My eye rejected the lens they were attempting to implant so they eventually had to remove it and while they were able to do the partial corneal transplant, it was not sitting where it was supposed to sit. My eye had to heal and I had some serious pressure issues, etc. so they were not able to attempt to implant another lens and readjust the cornea until the other day. Well, it turned out that the cornea had healed too well, in the wrong place, so they had to cut it back out and my eye was so damaged and stressed that they could not even attempt to do the lens implant. I have been blind in that eye since the surgery in December but could at least make out some blobs and hand movement, etc. Now I am still blind but everything is a complete blur.

I have a genetic disease that greatly complicates my situation and I get it. But I am so depressed because the surgeries take a lot out of me. The first was 3 1/2 hours this one was 3 hours and 15 minutes and now I need at least one more. I am awake the whole time. I felt pain off and on, I was aware of everything going on but had not realized that it was not successful until the tend. I am dealing with some other health issues too and I am just feeling so overwhelmed and stressed. I know things can always be worse, and I don't mean to complain because some people cannot see at all, but I am still in a lot of pain, dealing with my other health issues, and stressing about needing more surgeries.

I asked for a referral to talk to a mental health professional because it all just feels too much. I'm sorry to complain, I guess I just needed to vent this somewhere. I am trying to hold it together but it is hard. :-( (Sorry for the long post and for any typos)
Mudbottom [1879891] Wiki Contributor
Wishing you all the best. This does sound quite complicated.

Body, mind, and soul all work together in life and when one part is lacking then it puts strain on the other two.

I had a lump removed a long while ago from behind my ear. It was the uncertainty that stressed me more than the actual surgery. I didn't know what the outcome would be as the lump had wrapped around a main cranial nerve and thankfully wasn't cancerous. Biopsy was impossible due to the location so we had to wait to find out about the tumor.

Things worked out in the end, and hopefully yours will too. Find a good way to clear your mind: fresh air walk, meditation, listening to a great piece of music, viewing art, or reading a good book.
Styledcurve [2493033]
You can vent here all you want.

Thats alot of struggle and I know a thing or two about overwhelming struggle. I attend mental health therapy myself.

It's ok.

You can share as much or as little as youd like here or there.
TexanLady [1800677]
I can't imagine what you are going through. *Hugs*. I hope and pray your eye heals and your mental health improves. I agree with what Mudbottom said regarding Body, mind, and soul.

Keep us updated..
Tanarra [2649236]
Hugs, Blondie. Sending healing, helpful thoughts your way as you go through these trials. I'm sorry you are suffering. But you are not alone, and I'm glad you posted. Hang in there dear. Try to remain hopeful. ♥
WarriorBlondie [2414596]
Thank you to everyone who has read and taken a moment to respond to my post. I am coping for now. I know it will help to be able to talk to a professional. It was hard to ask for help/the referral because I have always just dealt with stuff myself but this is all just too much. The fact that I have another, more complicated eye surgery looming, as well as some other surgeries and stuff that I need, is all just overwhelming and I need help to just deal with it all.

Thank you again for the advice, positive thoughts, well wishes, hugs, etc. It means a lot. <3
Skellington [2671472]
That's quite the story. Don't worry about clearing your mind here, we all need a listening ear or a helping hand at some point. It's perfectly understandable this is looking to be too much to handle to you right now, but you are more resilient and capable to adapt than you might realize. You just need a little push in the right direction, so it's a good thing you're looking for help achieving just that. I wish you all the best and the strength needed and I hope things will work out in the end. Feel free to send me a message if I can be of any more help, even though we're perfect strangers.