Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Trains make a difference?

Started by The_Postman [2318975] on in Company Discussion.

6 replies · 268 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
3
Authority score
36 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
31 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100
The_Postman [2318975]
Hi All. My company this week dropped to 9* for now particular reason, only change I have made is to no longer sell trains but give them to employees in any position they wish to be trained in.

would this have made a difference to their overall work life? as in make them not as hard working as they had been trained in something different?

Just a thought as I am wondering if I need to stop doing it.
Jabajaba [2499335]
I don't think so. It would have just been that the other companies around you earned a little more income so it pushed you out of 10*
Nova350 [2011067]
I'll share my experience. It may not fully reflect your situation, and may not reflect all factors in my situation. We all know, there are many unknowns at play here.

My shop was sitting at 9* for a few months, and I was giving one employee his daily train in a different position.
This employee had no effectiveness penalties shown and "Settled In" remained at +10. All of my employees were performing on par with another 10* shop. We just couldn't get over a certain weekly income amount.

One day, I stopped changing this employee's position for his trains. Didn't change pricing, ads, or anything else under my control.
Over the following days, our income rose higher than it'd ever been. We hit 10* that weekend.

As a result of this, I believe there is a company-level income penalty for training an employee in a different position. Training might not even be required, just a position change might do it.
I have found no other evidence for or against this. It may be totally wrong. But I think it fits the behavior I observed.
Toes [2095421]
if you train employees in the position u want them to work, their stat effectiveness will increase and hence u will get more income. if u train them in some other position, their stat effectiveness might not increase by same rate. eg, if position requires man/end and u train them in the same primary/secondary, effectiveness will be more as compared to training them in int/man
The_Postman [2318975]
as an update, this last week I trained the employees in the positions they are in and I jumped back to 10* without a problem.

there must be a way to train people in other positions to bring up all stats, certain time of the day etc, but I suppose until Ched, Bogie et al let it be known, we may never be able to fully train our employees