Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Confession

Started by Happy_bear [2624490] on in General Non-related.

14 replies · 205 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
15
Discussion span
→
People posting
10
Likes on archived posts
38
Authority score
20 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
45 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100

Most-liked replies

Happy_bear [2624490]
There's probably no reason to make this into a thread, but it'll make this SO much easier, as I won't have to explain it constantly.

So, for most of my life, I have been keeping a secret. This one secret kinda splits into two... I am a member of the LGBT COMMUNITY. Which part? There's two.



BISEXUAL
This is probably the more common of the two. The term BISEXUAL refers to when one is sexually attracted to BOTH male and female. Many people believe that it is a 'made up' sexuality, but I respectfully disagree. Others believe that it's a stage of confusion where one is not certain whether one is straight or gay.




TRANSGENDER
The term TRANSGENDER refers to when one is born in the wrong gender's body. So for example, I have the body of a male, but the soul of a female. It works visa versa too. Someone might have the body of a girl, but the soul of a boy.








I am not ONE HUNDRED percent sure, but I think that that's how it works... Enjoy your day!

P.s. I really don't mind if you want to message me and ask questions /spread hate. I'll answer your questions (to my best ability), and read & reply to your hate.
WarriorBlondie [2414596]
You have to be true to yourself. I know there is a lot of negativity in the world but I truly hope you find more acceptance than you do hate, especially from those who matter the most to you. Take care.
TexanLady [1800677]
Since you opened the door, I am going to ask questions. Please do not take this as an insult or assume I am *fill in the blank* phobia.

I have gay and lesbian friends. I also have bisexual friends/family members even though I don't completely understand it.

What I really struggle with is the various gender identities. I have a relative who calls themselves gender fluid. I had to google it to attempt to understand and I am lost. Some sites say there are 7 genders, others say 54, even others say higher.

So I do my best to try and understand based on my own experience. I was a "Tomboy" growing up. I love sports, hanging out with boys/guys, fishing, dressing in jeans and t-shirt. Actually, I still enjoy all those things. As a female, I don't feel like I have a gender identity problem. I am female in all other aspects of life. I've watched this person grow up and never saw her "boyish" until she became a teenager. 99% of the time she dresses up as a female, dates guys, and as far as I know, has no hobbies, traits, etc. that even reflect her identity as gender fluid which makes me question why she identifies this way (She also seems to have anger issues regarding anyone who is straight).

I just call myself a straight female who enjoys what society may call male hobbies. I feel no need to have a new identity to fit today's status quo.

Without the dictionary of all the genders, is there anyway you can explain this in layman's terms? In other words, why are there so many gender identities and why do we, who do not understand, have to refer to them in neutral terms when a lot of us can't even comprehend it?

Lastly, my concern is for the children who were like me. Today, parents are already labeling their YOUNG children as transgender based on how they behave. My personal opinion is this is wrong. If I grew up in today's society, my mother may have assumed I was a male in a female body which isn't true. I think a child should at least be old enough to truly understand before labeling them.
Deedonley [2527569]
As someone who knows a number of gender-fluid people, the best explanation for that is that sometimes, they will feel like they are their biological gender and other times like the opposite. As for why we refer to those who don't identify as he/him or she/her, it's because they are valid in who they are. The broad description of Non-Binary is that they don't identify as male or female, which is where the variant number of genders comes into play.

I do agree with letting children grow up and understand what it is to be transgender, gender-fluid, or even non-binary. What we should be doing is teaching them that it's okay to be themselves and to understand that underneath the genders, sexual identities and races is the same thing: we all bleed the same color and we are all human, that progress is made when we accept people for who they are, not how they appear.


As a note: I am a Bi Cisgender Female of European descent. If I offended anyone by speaking up, I apologize but stand by what I said.
TexanLady [1800677]
No offense taken. From what I have read, biological and gender are not the same so I still am confused. I certainly can love the person, but I truly don't understand how you can feel "biologically* female one day and male another.
Happy_bear [2624490]
Don't worry, I don't understand all the gender identities either. I usually find it easier to ask someone of that gender identity...

As for the gender fluid, it's not always something others see and notice... It's more of an inside feeling...

And I totally agree with you when it comes to labeling young kids... They are not old enough to know the difference...
Lamstraal [592404]
I think it's great that you took the step to tell how and what you feel.
I hope this will make everything easier due to better knowing what you want.

On the other hand i'm still "struggling" with why people need/want to tell this things.
Is it the "society" that wants people with other gender identities or orientations then CIS or straight to tell that they are gay,bisexual, non-binary, transgender etc???
Or is it something the person wanted to do because it was something that felt good?

A few years ago someone from my sportsteam came up to me, he was very nervous......Long story short: He's gay.
Great that he was ready to come out and tell me, but was that his own choice? or did he had the feeling he "had to" tell it?


At my place we have a saying: Be the best version of yourself!
I hope this step is another step in being the version you want to be.