So I see I get karma by making posts and replies but what does that do? Anything?
What does Karma do?
Started by redgiant [2665852] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 23 / 23 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 23
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 46 / 100
- Historical score
- 25 / 100
- Story score
- 40 / 100
- Engagement score
- 68 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- cooksie [2152172]
· 15 likes ·
It doesn't do anything, it doesn't have any function, although you can unlock the VIP forum at 1,000 karma (not as interesting as it sounds ). Karma can just be taken as a guide of how popular or helpful someone … - Guruchild [2200621]
· 5 likes ·
Happy Ramadan!!! - Bouffon [2586166]
· 5 likes ·
Karma serves the same purpose as points in the show "whose line is it anyway."
It doesn't do anything, it doesn't have any function, although you can unlock the VIP forum at 1,000 karma (not as interesting as it sounds ). Karma can just be taken as a guide of how popular or helpful someone is in the forums. Or how strong their meme game is :)
Moved to Q&A
Happy Ramadan!!!
it shows off your popularity (lol)
Karma serves the same purpose as points in the show "whose line is it anyway."
karma is Torn bragging rights, but I've yet to hear anyone brag about their karma out of all the things that one could brag about lol
It's like my pension.
An arbitrary number which looks good on paper but is meaningless as I'll never be able to cash the damn thing out...
An arbitrary number which looks good on paper but is meaningless as I'll never be able to cash the damn thing out...
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=search&q=karma&f=16&y=1
If you've never seen anyone brag about their karma score, you haven't spent much time on the forums
If you've never seen anyone brag about their karma score, you haven't spent much time on the forums
It makes you feel warm inside.
basically shows who the trolls are
Oh, it has been done.
It is usually followed by a tsunami of downvotes, resulting in the bragger losing their bragging rights :D
It is usually followed by a tsunami of downvotes, resulting in the bragger losing their bragging rights :D
You must not go to achievement threads often, also you must have evil_duck blocked
Karma determines the most important people in the game. It's like the overall who's winning the game scoreboard. Nothing else really matters.
^ Yup one day the person with the most Karma will win the game.
You lost the game
You lost the game
I guess I need to read the forums more! :D
Karma encourages the spread of rabies amongst field mice.
At 1,000 karma you get access to the VIP forum which is like punching yourself in the nuts...
Lol thanks for all the replies, I thought I'd get notified when they rolled in but guess not
Karma gives you what you deserve ;)