Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Makeshift Racing Guide

Started by Catfiz [2457356] on in Racing.

6 replies · 1.43k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
37
Authority score
37 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
50 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100
Catfiz [2457356]
This Makeshift Racing Guide is just a collection of the cars I used to get to A rank. I am in no way saying these are the best cars but they are decent enough to get a fast rank-up. This is something I posted for my old faction and I thought I should put it here.

For those of you that have yet to start your racing journey, follow this list:

· Go to the Item Market and buy a Honda Civic
· Then to the city and click racing
· Select "Your Cars" and enlist the Honda Civic
· Click Official Events and Join a racing Event.
Rankups occur when you hit a certain point milestone, those milestones are:
D - 25 total points
C - 100 total points
B - 250 total points
A - 475 total points


Class E:


Honda Civic:(1)
Catfiz: Won 1:Entered 16

Weight Reduction
· Strip Out


Class D:


Toyota MR2:(22)
Catfiz: Won 11:Entered 46

Aerodynamics
· Fixed Rear Spoiler

Engine
· Polished Throttle Body

Exhaust
· Open Air Filter

Suspension
· Uprated Springs (Hard)

Weight Reduction
· Strip Out

Wheels and Tires
· Fast Road Tires


Class C:


Chevrolet Corvette Z06: (75)
Catfiz: Won 39:Entered 68
lHl: Won 29:Entered 55
Sandy: Won 36:Entered 72

Aerodynamics
· Fixed Rear Spoiler
· Air Forced Engine Cooling

Brakes
· Air Cooling Ducts for Brakes
· Fast Road Brake Fluid
· Grooved and Drilled Brake Discs
· Competition Racing Brake Pads

Engine
· Uprated Forged Pistons
· Competition Polished Throttle Body

Exhaust
· Open Air Filter
· Full Exhaust System

Fuel
· Premium Uprated Fuel

Suspension
· Uprated Springs & Dampers (Hard)
· Upper Front Strut Brace

Transmission
· Straight Cut Gearbox (Long Ratio)

Weight Reduction
· Strip Out

Wheels and Tires
· Track Tires


Class B:


Ford Mustang: (122)
Catfiz: Won 34:Entered 126
lHl: Won 43:Entered 114
Matt: Won 30:Entered 122

Aerodynamics
· Air Cooling Ducts for Brakes
· Adjustable Rear Spoiler

Brakes
· Grooved and Drilled Brake Discs
· 4 Pot Uprated Brakes

Engine
· Ported and Polished Head
· Competition Racing Fuel Pump
· Competition Polished Throttle Body
· Stage Two Turbo kit
· Bored Out Engine + Forged Pistons
· Front Mounted Intercooler

Exhaust
· Full Exhaust System
· Stainless Steel 4-1 Manifold
· Forced Induction Kit

Fuel
· Super Octane Fuel

Suspension
· Coil-over Suspension (Hard)

Transmission
· Quick Shift
· 4 PinDifferential
· Ultra-Light Flywheel
· Paddle Shift Gearbox (Long Ratio)

Weight Reduction
· Strip Out

Wheels and Tires
· Rally-Cross Tires


Class A:


Honda NSX: (253)

Aerodynamics

· Air Forced Engine Cooling
· Air Cooling Ducts for Brakes
· Adjustable Rear Spoiler
· Front Diffuser
· Rear Diffuser

Brakes
· Fast Road Brake Fluid
· Braided Brake Hoses
· Grooved and Drilled Brake Discs
· Competition Racing Brake Pads
· Brake Balance Bias Control
· 6 Pot Uprated Brakes

Engine
· Uprated Gaskets
· Ported and Polished Head
· Competition Racing Fuel Pump
· Competition Polished Throttle Body
· Bored Out Engine + Forged Piston
· Front Mounted Intercooler
· Stage Three Remap
· Stage Three Turbo Kit
· Competition Racing Camshaft

Exhaust
· Full Exhaust System
· Stainless Steel 4-1 Manifold
· Custom Forced Induction Kit

Fuel
· Super Octane Fuel Plus Nitrous

Suspension
· Polyurethane Bushings Front
· Polyurethane Bushings Rear
· Upper Front Strut Brace
· Lower FrontStrut Brace
· Rear Strut Brace
· Front Adjustable Tie Rods
· Adjustable Rear Control arms
· Adjustable Coilover Suspension

Transmission
· Quick Shift
· 4 Pin Differential
· Competition Racing Clutch
· Ultra-Light Flywheel
· Paddle Shift Gearbox (Short Ratio)

Weight Reduction
· Strip Out
· Racing Steering Wheel
· Lightweight Flocked Dash
· Polycarbonate Windows
· Carbon Fiber Roof
· Carbon Fiber Trunk
· Carbon Fiber Hood

Wheels and Tires
· Track Tires
· Ultra-Lightweight Alloys

Here are two more in-depth guides:
Baldr's Guide(Basics)
Angry's Guide(Specifics)(For A class only)

Mentions: RD_'s Racing Guide "2.0" · TORN Racing FAQ - Baldr

Kaijo [2667501]
Nice guide for getting the parts. I took your advice and breeeezed through class D.

I would like to add though, for Class D, I went with the BMW X5. Why? Because everyone else seems to go with faster cars like the Toyota MR2, and it was no contest on the dirt tracks and semi tarmac tracks. That allowed way more 1st places. But I have to admit, I think I just got lucky cause I hardly got any tarmac courses, and when I did I used the Toyota MR2 but with no add ons. Also, I think you can do with less than 22 points. My record was:

for the BMW-X5: Tracks raced on: Parkland, Meltdown, Mudpit, Stonepark, Underdog. (Underdog was the only course I got 2nd place on ,4 out of 5 times - where one of those time was first place).
  • • Races won: 22
  • • Races entered: 26
Toyota MR2: 3rd place twice, 5th place once. Tracks raced on: Speedway
  • • Races won: 0
  • • Races entered: 3
So looking at the zero points guide, I think it's not a bad idea to think about that option. I raced quite alot of Toyota MR2's on these tracks, and they didn't fair particularly well on them. So perhaps for anyone who does put points on their Toyota MR2 or any other tarmac cars in the other classes, I think it's wise to have a dirt car and use that instead. might not win, but same concept as my Toyota MR2 with no points added, I manage to get 3rd place twice out of three races where for sure I know my BMW wouldn't have made any place at all.
Xeretrax [2039020]
You dont need to spend any points during class E and D, just pick the right cars for the right tracks and that's good enough.
It might take slightly longer in the end, but the trade off is a slightly higher racing skill when entering class A, which can be very important.
Kaijo [2667501]
Yeah, I feel that using those points on E and D made it way to easy... 22 points on D was not even a competition.

Now that I'm in Class C, I've only used 44 points, and I still win races (and only came in 4th once). These races can definitely be done with less points.
Lysandra [2198698]
I also spent some points starting at class D but just a few to give me an edge. I didn't have to but it was probably a lot quicker. If anyone is curious, I wrote about my journey to class A along with my mistakes here. It's the last post, if the link doesn't take you there.

It's not easy to say which way is best because we only go through it once and can only have one account. We have nothing to compare it to ourselves but we do have the experience of others, at least.

Mentions: Why the hell is the Cossie so damn expensive?