Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Reviving is a sin!

Started by Redgrave [2516478] on in General Discussion.

102 replies · 2.35k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 103 / 103 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
103
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
36 / 100
Story score
67 / 100
Engagement score
81 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Spooky [2137481] ×3 Krastinov [1542326] ×1

Redgrave [2516478]
Revives, especially the free ones, are a sin and an abomination!
At least thats what [background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]Spooky [2137481] thinks. After getting freevived, he started bountying for getting revived. When he got bountied back, he asked me a question: why do we, the revivers, MAKE all other players follow OUR rules? But before I could answer he just blocked me. His point of view is that every reviver should ask every person before reviving if they consent and in all other cases we are forcing our rules upon everyone else and are essencially revive-scammers. And he does know that revives can be turned off. I guess it goes against....reviving..rules? Which are apparently a thing I guess?
First time Ive encountered something like this after reviving 1.5k people. Yes, there were two times when people contacted me and said they didnt want to get revived. Not a problem. We talked it out, I told them how to turn revives off and compensated for the trouble I caused.
What do you people think? Is spooky a prick? Am I? Are there any reviver rules in torn that I missed out on? Is reviving an undercover dictatorship? What cases of karen have you experienced?[/background]

Mentions: Spooky [2137481]

Redgrave [2516478]
Where did I say I demanded a payment or even wanted one? If I want a payment, I advertise and Sell. I freevived him and expected nothing. He on the other hand started bountying me for reviving him. I didnt even contact him once before the bounties.
cooksie [2152172]
I completely mis-read the thread. Apologies, I haven't had enough coffee this morning and I guess went into auto-pilot after seeing a GD thread mentioned 'freevive'
Wollongong [12833]
Well...
Some revivers claim we HAVE to use Revive Off when we don't want to pay the "generally agreed upon fee of 1m or Xanax".

That shows there are idiots on both sides of the line. If you don't want to be revived, use that button. But if you want payment, get consent.

Everything in between is fair, I'd say. If you want to revive me, be me guest. If I didn't want you to, but failed to usey "defense", that's on me (or in this case, Spooky).
Redgrave [2516478]
True. If I want payment, I agree beforehand. If I didnt ask, thats free. If you didnt have revs turned off but you didnt want to get reved, I personally try to come to an agreement and compensate, because not everyone knows that you can turn them off.
CrashMonster [2389911]
Hey, if you don't turn off revives... you want them, right?!?!?! Alternately, they could pay you for teaching them about how things work. :)
DedeSiregar [2430598]
Well once I had same problem with a reviver. He revived me after i used SED so I bountied him. Thought he was about to mug me. But fortunately it was cleared real quick after I realized I was being a morron. Maybe check before you revive someone. Blood bagged or SED patients are people who do not wish to be revived EVER. If u warn him about his revive setting may even get some money tips. But yeah long story short, he was being morron.