Random thought, what if by praying and donating to the church, you have a random chance for a few things, right now, it's just another way to buy a few merits.
It could draw the perk from a list of random benifits kinda like the press pass. When any of the benifits are triggered, the text could read, "You have been enlightened." My ideas so far on what those benifits could be are...
In order to have a higher chance at triggering the random event, you would have to donate a larger lump sum. If you donate $1, your odds of triggering it would be nearly if not totally zero. If you donate say... 1 million, your chances should be fairly high.
EDIT: It was brought to my attention (Larhten [2127367] and Nooooisy[2613466]), and I agree that praying makes more sense. The new idea I have is, you have to donate for X-days in a row (at least 2 days to start stacking donations), each consecutive day you donate your total donations would add up. Likewise the more consistently you pray the higher your base odds become.
[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]
I guess the math + RNG would look something like this, (value of pray odds) + (total consecutive days donated) + (total donated) = event odds. Pray odds per day could be as low as +1%, so you would have to pray 50x every day to make the baseline odds 50%, each consecutive donation within a 24 hour period would add an additional 0.5% making your odds modifier +25%, then for every 50k total donated consistently every day, you get an additional 0.5%, making the total odds in this scenario 100%. Obviously these numbers can be tweaked.
I just added arbitrary numbers that are easy to work with in most people's heads.
[/background]
I didn't put more than 30 minutes of thought into this, so i'm happy to accept criticism / improvement idea.
It could draw the perk from a list of random benifits kinda like the press pass. When any of the benifits are triggered, the text could read, "You have been enlightened." My ideas so far on what those benifits could be are...
- Remove 15 minutes from your drug CD
- Remove 15 minutes from your booster CD
- Remove 10 minutes from medical CD
- Remove 10 minutes from your current EDU class
- Remove 1 point (or whatever metric they use for addiction, say 1/5th of a single rehab?) of addiction
- Gain 25 points to a random job stat
- Remove 30 minutes from bank investment
- Gain .010 racing skill
- ........ect
EDIT: It was brought to my attention (Larhten [2127367] and Nooooisy[2613466]), and I agree that praying makes more sense. The new idea I have is, you have to donate for X-days in a row (at least 2 days to start stacking donations), each consecutive day you donate your total donations would add up. Likewise the more consistently you pray the higher your base odds become.
[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]
I guess the math + RNG would look something like this, (value of pray odds) + (total consecutive days donated) + (total donated) = event odds. Pray odds per day could be as low as +1%, so you would have to pray 50x every day to make the baseline odds 50%, each consecutive donation within a 24 hour period would add an additional 0.5% making your odds modifier +25%, then for every 50k total donated consistently every day, you get an additional 0.5%, making the total odds in this scenario 100%. Obviously these numbers can be tweaked.
I just added arbitrary numbers that are easy to work with in most people's heads.
[/background]
I didn't put more than 30 minutes of thought into this, so i'm happy to accept criticism / improvement idea.