Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

(Almost) A year's work

Started by Euphoria [1443076] Wiki Contributor on in Achievements.

24 replies · 792 views · thread synced · 15 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 25 / 25 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
25
Discussion span
→
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
34 / 100
Story score
49 / 100
Engagement score
70 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Euphoria [1443076] Wiki Contributor
Motivation to return

During lockdown I decided to get back active into Torn around June 2020. I rejoined my on and off faction 39th X Killers. The faction was a shell of its former self and most of my friends had abandoned the place, not to say there weren't great people still remaining. Anyways, I have always been an on and off active player who burns out over a few months and quits. But, after losing a war to CR in my time in X I realised that maybe I wanted to see what I could achieve leaving 39th for the first time permanently ever. ( Had been on and off 39th for 5/6 ish years )

22:37:54 - 29/06/20 M_S_Gamer accepted your faction application to 39th Street Killers X


Natural Selection II

22:55:40 - 09/07/20 gratify accepted your faction application to Natural Selection II

My torn universe was instantly opened up upon joining NS2. I really thought I would never find a place like 39th, but within no time I had many people trusting, having fun and bonding with me, just a big noob at this point. Really was no point in taking a chance on me. Had more contact with leaders in one month than I had in 39th for 6 years :p. I made sure to note my stats as of July 15th.

Strength 368,245,683 +9%
Defense 382,036,532 +9%
Speed 287,067,174 +18%
Dexterity 530,179,386 +23%
Total 1,567,528,775

Funny visual of how shit my stats used to be
[image: i.imgur.com]

I sadly did not reach my goal of 3b stats, and many will overtake me I am sure, but I never did play to be the best, just to be the best version of myself and play the game way I play it.

Total 2,965,580,983

(1.4b gained in the 10 months since recording, so like 140m a month I think? Was a lot of recruit status in there sadly, thanks Ched you ****.

Thanks to NS family for taking the chance on me.


Dirty Little Slut

Most people would not have known who I was, an old trader who started playing torn when he was 10 or 11 when I returned. Most would now know me as the most successful (RMTer?) in torn. Nah wait that is Brutal Thug my bad. All joking aside, I still have not mentally recovered from my luckiest day on torn, securing the cheapest, yes cheapest (by 5m @Pops) Dirty Bomb in torn!

15:30:43 - 13/08/2020 You bought 1x Dirty Bomb on decomposer's bazaar at $40,000,000 each for a total of $40,000,000

This bomb really just propelled the small stock trading, rare item trading and mugging affairs I was already running and the gains became more and more exponential. I managed to snag many other deals such as 4 or so 1 dollar SEs during Black Friday and more visible on my profile signature. I would recommend my Model O Glorious Mouse. Helped me trade, snipe , and mug my way to many successes on torn :D

I also learned how to mug whilst in NS2, something I was otherwise against as a previous trusted trader who had been on the receiving end of their attacks many times. I managed to hit Money mugged Current,$27,432,178,784 within this time but gave up on mugging to grind stats and pursue stocks full time.

Being the dirty DB Magnet I am , I also constructed my own Dirty Bomb 13:59:58 - 11/11/2020 You started building a dirty bomb in NS Bomb Shelter's laboratory. Funnily enough , this may have also been the same bomb that Bling_bling dropped on Mnc. One of three that detonated during my stay there. Sadly I could not attract one to hit Chain Reaction (yet?) , I will keep trying :)


Elimination

Your team Total Bankers came in 7th place after your 535 attacks in the Elimination competition.

This was probably my highlight upon returning to Torn. Elimination was always my reason for wanting to get strong, and I idolised a lot of the leaders that would be featured in newspapers and take upon and shoulder the responsibility of a team. And it was thus my shock when I somehow found myself, with no prior experience or achievements in torn other than being "The 40m DB guy" being placed on the council by MeanMike. I hope to return prior to elimination this year and hopefully take the next step and lead a team. But I believe I will be moving country around this time so... I love stress seems an amazing idea to lead an elim team around that time! Key to winning is pick team with coolest name, sadly Sea Men was not an option for meh :p But I would not have picked any other team than Bankers :)

Networth

Money was always a motive on torn, it is what seperates the casual xanax junkies to the SE gods of the top 100. And I tried my hardest to try reach the top 20 networth in a year but alas, with stocks 3.0 absolutely throwing me for a loop I will fall short of that goal. But I am still immensely happy with increasing my networth by ten times within a year. I achieved this through a sad amount of time spent online, a lot of trial and error within stocks 2.0, winning the lotto, some amazing profitable rare item trades and some nice mugs in between.

[image: i.imgur.com]

[image: i.imgur.com]

The Future

As for the future, I hope to SE my way into the top 100, although sm0l boi now, if I can continue to make money then I will be able to force my way into the upper end of stats. Top 20 Networth while desired, may be impossible for me with how bad I suck at stocks. Maybe when I return more data will have surfaced :). I would like to thank everyone who has been helpful in this journey (You know who you are, I hope) and hopefully will continue to be when I am back. As for where I return to, undecided. Gone for a minute, back for a lifetime. Peace

tl'dr: Nub makes small progress towards becoming less nub

Euph

Lilith [1814138]
Smol boi became big boi in no time! Been a pleasure watching you get success and being leadership with you in wankers! Please keep telling me when you get mcdonald's. See you soon <3

Also R+ for the dirty little slut part of the thread
2480971 [2480971]
I’m sure I’ve told you this before; but phenomenal work. You should be proud of that progress, definitely more top tier player than nub matey.


Keep on smashing it, well done and good luck
AiR [2251655]
Sad to read this, awesome accomplishment in such a short time.

Hope you recharge and come back soon!