Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

TERRIBLE MISTAKE

Started by gamiso [2404515] on in Racing.

18 replies · 886 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
10
Likes on archived posts
45
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
52 / 100
Engagement score
69 / 100

Most-liked replies

gamiso [2404515]
i started racing without reading any guides so I ended up putting all earned points in a category c car and when I was (surprised to) change category to b without any points
I began losing hard and I left racing
I decided to get back and although i get few points i am losing hard still
my racing skill is 7 and i have some 20 points
do i upgrade my current car (a Porsche) or do i wait to go to A and upgrade that car with all the points gathered
Lightor [2215463] Officer Officer
If you waste all your points in B and promote to A without points you will 99% never gain any points without a mechanic job for example. Save enough for A for a full car build otherwise you will be back where you're now, perhaps even worse.
Rogue [1873490]
Good luck. Please update once in a while so we know how it goes.

I think most previous class B "stuck" racers have used the Cosworth... so you might help some future racers.

Just remember the Impreza doesnt translate to class A, so you're going to want to save whatever points you can to start a class A car once you get there.
kontamusse [2408039]
A Cosworth would have you in a better position, once you reach class A.
Also, if you are really stuck, a Mechanic Shop company job can provide up to 2 racing points a day, depending on the number of stars.
gamiso [2404515]
well the impreza plan failled because i notice that I have put some points into the porsche so it got more chances to win
I am at 7.1 currently losing wildly but I have 30 points that I am keeping hoping for A a new car and a new hope
VerisperRulaias [2653143]
just keep at it. it sucks misplacing points but its not detrimental. i would definitely suggest saving points for A class when you get there. itll take a bit of time to get caught up without a mechanic/car dealer job, but youll be fine. gettin that skill up anyway is good
Lysandra [2198698]
I agree with the others. I'd definitely spring for a Cosworth. That way, any points you put into it won't be wasted as you can keep that car for class A dirt tracks. You don't need to save the full 266 points for a fully upgraded car either. I entered class A with 180 points saved and did just fine. I wouldn't go any lower than that though.
Lightor [2215463] Officer Officer
I'd strongly advise to save the full 266 points, otherwise you're just wasting points you later wish you didn't waste.
Lysandra [2198698]
I totally agree if you don't have a Cosworth. Otherwise, you can put some points into the Cosworth, like I said, and keep it for class A and get out of class B sooner.
gamiso [2404515]
Update
after some 100 races, I am near 7,5 racing skill I have done well in a few and I have now 34 points. I haven't upgraded my good old Porsche 911 gt3 at all this time and hopefully, as my skill grows I will be gathering points easier so that when I'll become a class I will invest in a new car with the accumulated points.
it's tiring but I won't give up
gamiso [2404515]
another update
i have reached 8 skill and 42 points but I have crashed a couple of times and my porsche isn't was it used to be
I am not sure if there any meaning in what I am doing!
Damination [2486724]
or if you're too miserly to get a Cosworth for some reason, just keep racing for points. It's a slog. If you place 3rd 1 out of 20 races, buy a cheaper upgrade. Then slog again, until you whittle that down to 1 out 10, 1 out of 5, etc. Don't overspend your points even if you get only 1 point every 20 races or whatever metric you set (Ideally spending none of them). Eventually you'll sit at getting occasional 2nd places and consistent 3rds. If you have the right groove and hopefully have enough points to get you started on A, just slog it out.

I made the same mistake, except it wasn't as bad as you, and I was too poor then to afford a Cosworth. I just slogged it out. Now I'm just farming for the last two merits (250 wins and Points). Mechanic shop will make your life easier, especially with a Cosworth. Once in A and you can race without placing 4th, 5th, 6th 99% of the time on at least half the tracks you can choose if you want to specialize in one vehicle to get to 250 wins faster or have a few cars fully upgraded for specific tracks to maximize point gains. Or just read a guide, and get a Cosworth.
gamiso [2404515]
i am afraid my good old porsche after two or three crushes has lost many upgrades and now I don't have the patience to race finish 6th of 5th and wait for my skill to rise
I will make this post as a negative antiparadigm for the consequences of not reading a guide before beginning on a different course!
thanks everybody for your advice help and time
Gielens [2518118]
It seems like the one obvious solution has been proposed a few times, but you still didn't go that route. But I'll say it again.

Buy the Cosworth and pour your upgrades into this car. It is the one car that you'll also use in class A, so your points aren't wasted. Spec it for dirt racing and only race on dirt tracks (mudpit, stone park, Parkland, Two islands and hammerhead). You can leave a race and retry another race 15 minutes later.Your lvl is way higher then your opponents, but you're driving a handicapped car. It's not worth it to race for example on a speedway track when you know you're not getting 1-3 (or a very slim chance). Better to wait 15 minutes and try to get a track that better suits your car park.
gamiso [2404515]
ok this time with travelling i am making some money so that I can afford a Cosworth I will follow (finally) your advice and see how it will go
I have 42 points and 8,33 skill
do I pour more points (when I earn them) or 42 are enough to get me into A?
ToxicMonkeyMZC [712861]
You will need a lot of points yet. Do the strip-out, tyres and fuel only is my advice to try and earn more points.

I'd put mud tyres on it and use another class B for track stuff. Ford Mustang is a formidable class B track (and mud) star.