Well, we're only 12 upvotes away
[250R+] - Organised Crimes 2.0
Started by MsExa [1745481] Committee on in Suggestions.
Posts archived: 96 / 96 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Well, we’re only 13 upvotes away from the suggestion being reviewed
and then thrown right out by ched like for every decent suggestion
Bump, 8 more!
Bump
If people could move between factions without the 3 day wait (as I understand used to be the case before my time!) then specialist OC roles could be a thing: I would love to make money as a mercenary getaway driver/similar as an end game occupation. Sadly I think this would be just too complex to manage effectively from both a dev and a faction crime organiser perspective.
Edit - oops, forgot to add - have upvoted anyway 'cos I hope I'm wrong that this couldn't work ;P
Edit - oops, forgot to add - have upvoted anyway 'cos I hope I'm wrong that this couldn't work ;P
I really like the idea of getting something more for OCs. The first OC I participated in, dumb 7-day-old me waited at the OC page for something to happen.
Was not all that happy when I just clicked a button and everything was over
Was not all that happy when I just clicked a button and everything was over
Ched, I'm waiting
Bump
250?
250 already passed, but the more the better and I don't want this idea to be buried
yes please now i can finally find a use of my racing skill
I've been in discussions last month with a new development team about potentially taking on OCs as a large project.
Assigning faction members to specific roles is certainly on the list, with a dynamic story that adjusts based on diceroll checks of the member's successful / unsuccessful actions resulting in a final OC success or failure. The list of OCs would probably be smaller if anything - but with many variants of each.
It's still early days and I'm not sure if this plan will go forward, as usual I don't think we'll provide any detailed information regarding its construction. But it's certainly been in my thoughts recently.
I'm not sure I found anything super unique / interesting in the OP, but there was talks of spreadsheets etc? It'd be great to browse any ideas that are circulating.
Assigning faction members to specific roles is certainly on the list, with a dynamic story that adjusts based on diceroll checks of the member's successful / unsuccessful actions resulting in a final OC success or failure. The list of OCs would probably be smaller if anything - but with many variants of each.
It's still early days and I'm not sure if this plan will go forward, as usual I don't think we'll provide any detailed information regarding its construction. But it's certainly been in my thoughts recently.
I'm not sure I found anything super unique / interesting in the OP, but there was talks of spreadsheets etc? It'd be great to browse any ideas that are circulating.
Imo I'd rather see updates like this before any other updates.
We created a doc to put together and refine the ideas we had. Document can be found Here (clicky)
It's a long read, but we think the system is very refined. obviously we don't have all the answers or details, but we're pretty happy with what we have. Hopefully we're on the same page with some of these things.
It's a long read, but we think the system is very refined. obviously we don't have all the answers or details, but we're pretty happy with what we have. Hopefully we're on the same page with some of these things.
So yeah, I digged this cos something just came into my mind while thinking about OC so this is what I thought:
(For now I only think is for Planned robbery)
-We should have some kind of Roles in that Crime for example:
Smiley: they are the one who control the crowd and prevent them from doing something stupid like calling police or authorities. Player who have this role should have a high NNB to be successful at this role.
Trigger: They are the one who is holding a big gun like shotguns or AKs. Player should have a high Str and Spd and a gun to successfully play this role. Trigger can prevent any gunfights and use to threaten the crowd inside the building.
Mechanic: They are the one who's gonna open Vaults and safe etc. Player who play this role should have a high manual labor and int also some mechanic Items like chainsaw etc.
Wheels: They are the getaway driver used for escaping the scene of the crime. Player should have a decent amount of RS and a car to successfully play this role.
Additional: If players have a mask this could lower the chance of them getting jailed
(For now I only think is for Planned robbery)
-We should have some kind of Roles in that Crime for example:
Smiley: they are the one who control the crowd and prevent them from doing something stupid like calling police or authorities. Player who have this role should have a high NNB to be successful at this role.
Trigger: They are the one who is holding a big gun like shotguns or AKs. Player should have a high Str and Spd and a gun to successfully play this role. Trigger can prevent any gunfights and use to threaten the crowd inside the building.
Mechanic: They are the one who's gonna open Vaults and safe etc. Player who play this role should have a high manual labor and int also some mechanic Items like chainsaw etc.
Wheels: They are the getaway driver used for escaping the scene of the crime. Player should have a decent amount of RS and a car to successfully play this role.
Additional: If players have a mask this could lower the chance of them getting jailed