I agree with you - I don’t think making it so they start being less effective after 500 Trillion in a given stat affects this though. Having players with thousands of times the stats of others (in the trillions vs billions) is one thing, but having players with billions of times more eventually just seems unnecessary. You’re creating a class of gods at that point that would not be defeatable without changing something else in the game.
Like I said - as far as sucking money out of the economy I don’t think this would limit that - when people eventually get to that point they’d still be using SEs because training for 3m a day is pointless when you could get 5 Trillion with an SE.
This is the single truest thing that has come up. SE's would not be disincentivized by this change. Not getting 6 trillion stats isn't going to keep people from using SEs. If you could get 5 trillion stats for $450m you would. This proposal is not the radical nerfing to top players many of the respondents think it is.
The effort of making 450m and training 3m in a day are not even remotely comparable efforts. This is a total false equivalency. The reality is if you cap them at that point you basically stop any ability for meaningful progress. A temp will do more than you will ever be able to overcome with 10s of billions of dollars. You also keep talking like there is no way to defeat these people which is also false.
Those also aren't choices. It isn't train 3m a day or use SEs. For one you can do both, and for 2 training will have LONG since stopped giving any meaningful progress to these people and if you cap SEs they will also stop giving meaningful progress. You probably wouldn't just immediately stop at the cap because yeah when it's like 0.8% of a stat or w/e its probably similarly worth it but it will quickly run out. At which point there will be nothing left for these players. You will get to a point where you can never overcome the other's temps.
Even though training only gives meager steady gains, it is only a step. You are growing to get to a point where you can move on and use SEs. When you are using SEs, that's it. That is the end of the line. There is no more next thing to earn.
I feel like this is similar to the stat cap of 50m for normal training where exponential gains stopped. Using SE eliminates that cap, by making it possible for exponential gains again, but at a 450m cost per pop.
Now then at 500Trillion stats (coz no one is here yet so no one has an unfair advantage), gaining 5Trillion stats per SE, shouldn't there be a cap so the game won't be dealing with gazilliontrillion number in the future? If 500Trillion is not yet a good number, what about...5quadrillion, 50quintillion or maybe 500sextillion?
If all else you still don't agree with this, at least you learn what you call the number after trillion is. Cheers.
The stats can increase exponentially, but their effects in attacking also decrease exponentially too. I agree they look quite silly, but we're over a decade too late to make any substantial changes there I imagine.
I don't think the problem is them looking silly, it's that you can't do damage to someone with more than 14 times your strength as defense, for example. This doesn't change as the stats get higher, that I'm aware of... I used quintillion as an example but someone with 1B defense could get up to 2E26 levels with 4000 SEs, at which point even with 50 people in an attack you'd need 12 billion strength just to damage them.
I understand that someone with super strength won't do that much more damage, and someone with super speed doesn't hit anymore than anyone else with a hit chance of 100, it's more like, they will become completely untouchable without massive group attacks.
Either way, thanks for responding. It just seems damaging to the game to let the stats run away to those levels when it's a relatively easy thing to prevent, but I appreciate your response.
I’d imagine both? So at 500T in a stat you’d gain 5T, but using another enhancer would still only gain you 5T... at least that’s how I understood cheds post.
Nah it doesn’t even affect him yet, until he gets to 500T in a single stat. And even after that he will still gain more stats with a single SE than all but the top 5 or so players in the game have total.
I came up with an idea once about using SEs at a lower level:
Breakdown of exponential gains:
500m-1b you gain 3%
1b - 1.5b you gain 2 %
1.5b+ reverted back to 1%
Basically boosting the ability for a player to hit 1.5b at a much faster pace.
However, I started thinking about the supply and demand of SEs and how that would also impact the price of SEs as more users would be able to take them.
It does suck and is rather disheartening to see higher players gain as much stats as you do in a month by taking 1 SE, but they have also been playing the games for years upon years. Where some of us have just started and already at a much higher pace than they ever could have been at our age.
Just because we want something faster and feel like we need a catch-up mechanic doesn’t mean it’s right. We should be able to do the grind just like everyone else. That’s part of the gameplay similar to people who want to quickly power level and skip the storyline just for end game content. It’s part of process and getting to SE stage should take time and feel rewarding.
That's actually very damaging in the long term. The more players in a team attack the more our stats get lowered. Add to the fact that mods and temps already give us huge boosts to take these people on. I mean, the temps can decrease stats by 70% out of the gate. Then an extra 85% from group attacks on top of that if that's the most they can go down. Just those 2 together virtually put a player at almost no power at all. You said before that you don't want to make the game soft but here you are doing so just because a few people are whining about it. Why should the people who devote the funds to their stats get punished until everyone else catches up?