i found a suitcase in the dump and sold it for $5 mil. should i have opened it?
suitcase
Started by Lacrim [2668933] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 22 / 22 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 22
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 51 / 100
- Historical score
- 23 / 100
- Story score
- 53 / 100
- Engagement score
- 63 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- MissAdventure [2202270]
· 3 likes ·
shhh..He was asking you to send the bomb as a demonstration - TheUltimateSalt [2171375]
· 1 likes ·
I've always had this question, but when you open a parcel, can't you see what's already inside? For example a friend gave me a parcel the other day with some chocolate inside, and before I clicked open, it already showed …
you can't open it, it allows more items to be carried when you travel when your level 15
Depends on which suitcase it was. You'll want the biggest one eventually for flying to carry more items.
thank you for the info
No problem. :)
If it was a large suitcase you should have sold it for $10 million ...
Nah, it was probably a bomb anyway. Nothing is safe in this city.
Assholes setting off bombs everywhere, I mean I opened a parcel earlier and it turns out it was a bomb. I had made it and forgot to send it to someone else.
Assholes setting off bombs everywhere, I mean I opened a parcel earlier and it turns out it was a bomb. I had made it and forgot to send it to someone else.
a suitcase and a parcel aren't the same thing though :P
since he sold it for 5mil, it probably was a large suitecase he had (and he should have sold it for 10mil)
since he sold it for 5mil, it probably was a large suitecase he had (and he should have sold it for 10mil)
I've always had this question, but when you open a parcel, can't you see what's already inside? For example a friend gave me a parcel the other day with some chocolate inside, and before I clicked open, it already showed the contents, is there something I'm missing?
Yes that’s correct. However an explosive can be disguised as any item in Torn. So technically you could fill a parcel with 9 boxes of chocolate and one small explosive device disguised as a 10th box of chocolate.
You don't know if it's a bomb. If someone makes a bomb parcel, think of the bomb becoming a hidden part of the parcel packaging itself and not part of the contents you can see.
For future reference, if you dont know the answer to something either ask a friend, faction member or in the Questions section of the forums before taking action.
It's quite backwards thinking to sell something THEN ask if you shouldve or not. That's like people using SE's when they either don't read or can't comprehend what they do.
It's quite backwards thinking to sell something THEN ask if you shouldve or not. That's like people using SE's when they either don't read or can't comprehend what they do.
Thank you, that makes sense
With joke items and SED you can pick an item for it to say is in the parcel
shhh..He was asking you to send the bomb as a demonstration
lol, absolutely
#missedopportunities
Thought about sending 2 one with box of choc one with sed and see if he could figure it out himself but decided against it
Thought about sending 2 one with box of choc one with sed and see if he could figure it out himself but decided against it
If anyone gave you 5M, then it was a large suitcase worth 10M. Because no-one pays 5M for a medium one. Ask first next time. But hey, you're up 5M so it's all profit -- and a nice start to your game. :)
You definitely just saved him from a horse head, I know cause I woulda sent one.
07:27:49 - 09/05/21 You created a Parcel containing 1x Horse's Head
But to whom did I send it?
But to whom did I send it?