Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

patch: one second between attacking turns

Started by biosterous [2377874] Wiki Contributor on in General Discussion.

360 replies · 7.69k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 361 / 361 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Pops [1025410]
This is probably the end of mugging in general.

End of the day, everything in life is a time / value proposition. Muggers take a gamble on probability of success. In the cat and mouse chase, if you give the mice 15 seconds landing protection, 15 seconds in the fight on top (assuming fair fight) the probability of success plummets to almost nothing.

Strip enough engaging gameplay mechanics and you just get less engaged players.

But maybe i'm wrong, lets see it through before drawing conclusions.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
In fairness you also said that the 15 second delay update would reduce mugging chances to zero and you've mugged 20 billion dollars since then (about a billion dollars a day).

We're not opposed to reducing the 15 second timer now that this 1 second delay is in attacks.
Father [2131687]
It's not Muggers' fault that I was born in a third world country. I blame my parents and the defective condom.

Can you buff temps like Pepper spray tho? As they now gonna run out of effect before a user gets to make 25 hits.
Ninja [1021493]
I’m all for it, there’s one thing that you may have over looked though which is flash and pepper spray. These should be adjusted so that they accommodate 25 rounds like they did before the 1 second came into effect.
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor
Honestly I wasn't very receptive to the idea when it was proposed either, but this constant melodrama with statements like "this is probably the end of mugging in general" is a little pathetic.


I know plenty of muggers that:

- never stalked flying victims and used scripts to minimise loading elements during attacks
- played outside of the UK where attacks were limiting them to 1 turn per second if they were lucky already



Muggers suggesting people need a time-lock on depositing cash, holy shit man, the entitlement you have over weaker player's cash is remarkable.

Earn it
boo [1544641]
Agree here. Flash bangs are basically garbage now. By the time a player is allowed to make their 2nd attack they will basically be ended
Ilmatar [641520]
luckily there is no fashion police or cheds choise of miniskirt, camo, surgical gloves and oriental gentleman mask might get punished.
DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee Committee
I think that those short, powerful temps are fine to run out of effect before the fight ends. Adds an extra dimension to choosing your temp.
Aaassh [2546369]
It is not just pepper and flash that get nerfed.

All temp boosters are also affected because the ability to maximise the usage during the 2min period has been nerfed.
Aleks-ODBird [2259658]
I agree that I like this new change but that flash and pepper spray should have added seconds to it as well.. Flash especially is pretty much almost useless now..

Concussion Grenade as well though I don't know if people actually uses it..

Edit: Sand as well