18 replies · 456 views · thread synced · 12 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
17
Likes on archived posts
29
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
65 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
65 / 100
Most-liked replies
cooksie[2152172]
· 7 likes · Unfortunately, there doesn't need to be any reason. Players can attack, mug and hosp other players abroad for any reason they wish. Just think of it as a spot of bad luck and try to optimise your travel times if …
nihilisticcat[2112766]
· 6 likes · I dunno if this falls under "being a prick", but someone I used to know would fly to a random country and hosp everyone there, and overcharge them for revives. Kinda scummy, but good business ;)
Unfortunately, there doesn't need to be any reason. Players can attack, mug and hosp other players abroad for any reason they wish. Just think of it as a spot of bad luck and try to optimise your travel times if possible, so you can make sure you're on Torn when you land, and make a quick getaway.
Just take this as a learning, when you fly , be sure you can be online to buy plushies/flowers and fly back asap! And you can always ask for revives in chat , i think there even were some group of people which stays overseas to revive others. Good luck!
Another reason besides those mentioned above, players can also get an overseas multiplier while chaining. Perhaps they are flying waiting for E if they are on Xanax and booster cd plus the extra respect helps with the chain.
If it was about the respect multiplier, they would be leaving and not hosp'ing. The only reasons to hosp overseas is for bounties, hating the person, or wanting to be a prick. It's within the rules and complaining about it doesn't help, but we can at least be honest about the reasons.
I dunno if this falls under "being a prick", but someone I used to know would fly to a random country and hosp everyone there, and overcharge them for revives. Kinda scummy, but good business ;)
I used Torn on mobile all the time, and there was a time when I was about to touch the 'mug' button after defeated someone aboard, someone in real life poked me and I ended up chosen the 'hosp' button. 😂
I saw a little revivers trick once - hosp someone overseas, either stealth and then sell them a revive or get a mate to sell them a revive - 50e and usually 2M profit
not a very ethical tactic but a tactic nonetheless
If the target is low and you're sure they don't have much money on them, I can imagen ppl just like to hosp instead of mug or leave. There are no real other benefits for the agressor, only more drawbacks for the victim.
Logistic company "fly back while in hosp" is a great perk for this, but the 15 second attack protection works wonders if you're active, like cooksie said.