I feel like the stock BB in particular is a great idea, what do you think about it?
Buddy Banking, thoughts?
Started by blockhead77 [2539580] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 41 / 41 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 41
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 58 / 100
- Historical score
- 38 / 100
- Story score
- 69 / 100
- Engagement score
- 73 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- No_yolo_plz [1889385]
· 22 likes ·
Seems like a scam ready to happen - Riot [974353]
· 13 likes ·
Yep as others will say, the number 1 flaw in this is trust. I've learned from a young age to not trust people online (thanks runescape scammers). But for real, I just don't really rate it. Even if they just … - Securop [2247082] Officer
· 2 likes ·
That's a good argument. It's just like the famous 'high risk high reward' quote. It's the same as buying a expensive company and having the risk to run at a big loss if you don't aquire good employees, but if …
Seems like a scam ready to happen
You need ppl who you can trust for this, who are not easy to find here, but otherwise it is a pretty solid investment.
Emphasis on the trust part.
Emphasis on the trust part.
Agreed.
I know a cple who do it with cash banking, and several who do it with stocks still.
Before stocks 3, loads done it with HRG & LSC
Before stocks 3, loads done it with HRG & LSC
Yep as others will say, the number 1 flaw in this is trust. I've learned from a young age to not trust people online (thanks runescape scammers). But for real, I just don't really rate it. Even if they just "forget" about the game and go inactive you're out of pocket.
That and I think the actual ROI on this is severely overrated as soon as you give the buddy any sort of meaningful cut.
That and I think the actual ROI on this is severely overrated as soon as you give the buddy any sort of meaningful cut.
With the new stocks, an active player can make more than 400m with 2b in 3months if they invest at the right time.
It's too much of a hassle to do buddy banking anymore tbh.
You can't trade stocks for one and you need to hold tcb for at least a week. All together you're giving someone 3.7b so you better trust that person.
It's too much of a hassle to do buddy banking anymore tbh.
You can't trade stocks for one and you need to hold tcb for at least a week. All together you're giving someone 3.7b so you better trust that person.
ive done this for about a year and it works good.
shared investment has been around for over a decade and was nerfed BECAUSE of shared investment.
with stonks 3.0 and guarenteed payouts its extremely easy to make a lot of passive income
with the 15sec grace on flights there is no excuse for being mugged by a scraper so caymans is still a good dumping ground whilst waiting for the right price on stocks...
scams are on the up, faction theft is on the up, use system methods and plan properly
with stonks 3.0 and guarenteed payouts its extremely easy to make a lot of passive income
with the 15sec grace on flights there is no excuse for being mugged by a scraper so caymans is still a good dumping ground whilst waiting for the right price on stocks...
scams are on the up, faction theft is on the up, use system methods and plan properly
Give me 2b to invest in bank for you :) I will be your buddy xD
I will be your buddy banker, just send me money and I reset my merits and put them on banking. I get 30% profits, you get 70%. I'm trustworthy 100%
good take, inferior max!
I used to do this. Had about 10 buddies.
Made a decent amount, 1 of them took it to the casino and spent it all, then went inactive. It has its downsides.
Made a decent amount, 1 of them took it to the casino and spent it all, then went inactive. It has its downsides.
Give me 2b, and I can be more than your banking buddy :3
You never really know the person you talk to online. Once the person you think you can trust get fedded, quit suddenly, or scam you, you lose your money.
what would make the analysis better, imho is a comparison with and without bb.
if I invest $2b to share X% of my interest with someone who has maxed out bank merits/perks.. that would be $Y in passive income
but.. if i invest the same $2b to keep 100% of the interest (but without maxing out bank merits/perks), that would be $Z in passive income.
So, that begs the question.. at what point does X% become too much.
On the other hand... maybe this is only for players who are already maxing out their own $2B banking limit and still have extra money, then any amount of interest is better than nothing. But, if you're super rich, do you need this? #BigProblems4BigWallets
if I invest $2b to share X% of my interest with someone who has maxed out bank merits/perks.. that would be $Y in passive income
but.. if i invest the same $2b to keep 100% of the interest (but without maxing out bank merits/perks), that would be $Z in passive income.
So, that begs the question.. at what point does X% become too much.
On the other hand... maybe this is only for players who are already maxing out their own $2B banking limit and still have extra money, then any amount of interest is better than nothing. But, if you're super rich, do you need this? #BigProblems4BigWallets
Not being able to trade TCB BB makes the banking method even more shit unless you wanna send an extra billion for them to buy and hold that BB for 7 days before it takes effect. And the opportunity costs all just outweigh the benefits then. I used to have a few banking people and outsourced BBs but stick mostly to liquid for high risk investing. Ain't got time to wait on passives :3
Proxying logistics companies gives better passive income if you know how to do it
Proxying logistics companies gives better passive income if you know how to do it
If anybody needs help buddy banking, I am happy to invest your money in my bank! 100% trustworthy
Totally.
It look like buddy banking takes a lot of work, organisation, time and a decent amount of liquid capital to invest to begin with.
Even if you managed to scrape together 5-10 good buddies earning you a decent sum in returns for a prolonged period of time, it only takes one buddy to scam/fed/inactive and you could find yourself further out of pocket than you started with. Personally, I couldn’t live with that level of risk.
It’s a big no from me. I’ll take the slightly lower returns on safer investments that I control!
Even if you managed to scrape together 5-10 good buddies earning you a decent sum in returns for a prolonged period of time, it only takes one buddy to scam/fed/inactive and you could find yourself further out of pocket than you started with. Personally, I couldn’t live with that level of risk.
It’s a big no from me. I’ll take the slightly lower returns on safer investments that I control!