Today I was bored and tried to place a bounty on myself, only to discover that I could not do that. To quote the error message: YOU CANNOT PLACE A BOUNTY ON YOURSELF, THAT'S JUST SILLY!
If I want to be beaten to a pulp by stronger players, shouldn't I have the freedom to do that? Don't I deserve to spend my hard-earned money on being slapped around like the pathetic loser that I am?
...
On a more serious note, this would be an easy way to make progress on things like weapon experience and defends. There are always threads in the Attacking forum from players paying others to attack them for similar purposes. Having made such arrangements myself, it can get annoying keeping track of attacks in events and paying out attackers. Using the bounty system would make it a lot easier.
It would also be another option of self-hospitalization for market sellers or during faction wars. I suppose some strong players might "spam" the bounty pages by placing bounties all the time, but I don't think this would happen enough to destabilize the bounty system. Hopefully I'm not overlooking any exploitable mechanics. Let me know what you think (or bounty me lol).
If I want to be beaten to a pulp by stronger players, shouldn't I have the freedom to do that? Don't I deserve to spend my hard-earned money on being slapped around like the pathetic loser that I am?
...
On a more serious note, this would be an easy way to make progress on things like weapon experience and defends. There are always threads in the Attacking forum from players paying others to attack them for similar purposes. Having made such arrangements myself, it can get annoying keeping track of attacks in events and paying out attackers. Using the bounty system would make it a lot easier.
It would also be another option of self-hospitalization for market sellers or during faction wars. I suppose some strong players might "spam" the bounty pages by placing bounties all the time, but I don't think this would happen enough to destabilize the bounty system. Hopefully I'm not overlooking any exploitable mechanics. Let me know what you think (or bounty me lol).