Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Grave please

Started by A_Swat_officer [1769257] on in Graveyard.

31 replies · 823 views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 32 / 32 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
32
Discussion span
→
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
32 / 100
Story score
63 / 100
Engagement score
74 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Rca [1860888]
Hands up, I'm not very good at this game, like really. For my age, you'd expect more.

That said, unless they are definitely, permanently, irretrievably banned, those are their items, I didn't log on for the best part of three years, now I'm back. I'd have been annoyed if suddenly all my stuff was gone.

Those players played for a long time, volunteered (I think at least) their time for the betterment of thegame, it's up to them if they ever log back in and use them.
Jammed [1531835]
Many of the items are gifts from others and I personally would be gutted to find some no one with one of my staff items in their display.

Having one of your items in a player who has passed or has quit is fine as it still displays the friendship that was shown.
Brakier [2095393]
i think only fedded players should have items removed, i dont like the idea of staff cleaning my account just couse i didnt play for 10 years or something.

look at speedskater, i think she was gone far longer then 1600 days and she returned.
DangerNoodle [1482301]
Yeah I was inactive for 5years and came back, to be honest I had nothing in my account back then, but probably still would have felt gutted returning and not stuck around another 5 years because I’d feel cheated or that all my progress will be taken away again at some point anyway.

at some point I’m probably going to quit this game for a few years, and I’m probably then going to randomly find another email in my junk folder or see it on reddit and decide to check it out again. I don’t want my items to have been discarded :/
MaxHeadRoom [1429645]
no, its her account, she put the effort in, the contents are hers.

how would you feel if you didnt log in for 2 yrs for any reason like raising a family or medical, and found your account stripped?

bloody stupid idea, earn your own collectables
Chedburns [1669961]
All items should be removed after 14 days, to prevent slackers and ensure a high player count. Also, donator pack should be mandatory to play. No free option. No ability to buy them with torn cash either
Matty_h [48911]
Imagine you had to go away and left your house locked up, came back 5yrs later and the government had decided you’ve been gone to long and started to auction your stuff off....
Alex [1431794]
For fedded accounts sure . but leave those that quit alone. is disrespectful and greedy to want to have access to their stuff.
FatherTed [2425716]
So you just looking around for people who have been offline for a bunch and are affected by their bling bling because you don't have any? Its a legitimate question. I just think its weird.
Vladar [1996140]
Taking peoples hard earned stuff because they decide to not play for a period of time doesn’t really incentivize players to return, does it?

In addition to it being wrong (and potentially illegal, depending on the real life laws and regulations of local jurisdictions, although it’s most likely within their rights?), it’s just not good business.
Saemi [2481295]
imagine all your work you put into this game gone because you had some stuff to do in real life and come back after another long time and see all your stuff had been taken away from you
Most of the items are probably gifts from close friends

i'd say leave them alone
Sectory [2093611]
Imagine having to go to war for 4 years, coming back to having your wife sold, your kids auctioned, your home donated to a stranger and all your other belongings trashed.. You'd definitely not want to return.
Kelsie [340367]
It would be incredibly heart breaking to return to torn one day (very common for this to happen) and have all your items gone away. Permanently fedded, sure of course. But a regular player who just went inactive, no way.
RipnDipQueen [2659745]
I'd say it's all Bollocks tbf, her hard work, time, effort, everything she done and owns should always be displayed she earnt it all so she should keep all of her belongings, but fedded accounts yes take it all and give it back to torn or the bosses :)
Ampheromine [2065865]
People like you come along every so often with this kind of suggestion but I guarantee if it was your account with all the dope items and they got snatched from you on a bout of inactivity you'd rage from here to Timbuktu. Anyone would. People come back to the game every single day.

You wanna loot accounts that actually worked hard and earned their items legitimately just so you can have a chance at a free, no effort handout? And most of all, you want others to be okay with it? Lol. I'll let the downvotes outline the obvious.
manic [1554958]
Those in fed - fair game, they ain't coming back
Those who are inactive - leave them alone

It should be a case of 'policing' not socalism.
Euphoria [1443076] Wiki Contributor
We need karma to go into the negatives. Sick of these shit GD threads by noobs and trolls. Hit s certain negative and you can't post :p