Buy now if you like money
Empty Lunchbox
Started by cwa311 [670519] on in Stock Market.
About this thread
Posts archived: 24 / 24 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 24
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 38 / 100
- Historical score
- 26 / 100
- Story score
- 51 / 100
- Engagement score
- 71 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- rulerofcookies [2653814] · 6 likes ·
Bought the dip but then the dip dipped. Down 6 mill still holding though! - Soup [1744568]
· 3 likes ·
It was confirmed years ago that the text in Stocks 2.0 was flavour text and nothing actually affected the stock value - otherwise it would’ve been directly influenced by player activity. The game isn’t designed to sap money; Stocks, like … - Zino [1314640]
· 3 likes ·
Looking like its ready to blow now, fingers crossed.
Bought the dip but then the dip dipped. Down 6 mill still holding though!
Hodling until $200 should be a good investment
Please explain
Well they are hoping that the dip from $200 down to around $170 that day would see a rise.
But as per the Norm it hasnt breached $168 in a week.
Wonder if it'll be like the old WSSB that dipped then never rose for 2.5 years to keep money out of the game ?
But as per the Norm it hasnt breached $168 in a week.
Wonder if it'll be like the old WSSB that dipped then never rose for 2.5 years to keep money out of the game ?
Well its reached 160 now, might be a good long-term investment. Real question is if this is lowest dip yet.
I pray to the torn gods ELB rises soon. Iv been buying the dip every chance I get but I'm hodling on for the long run.
True...
Thinking this new system (apart from the front end which I do like a lot) is another way to reduce in game money..
Novelty of buying stocks on the new system for a few weeks - then wait till a massive amount of money put into a stock then crash it and hold it low...Players will eventually need money so withdraw at a loss.
Did a similar thing in the old stock system with WSSB/ISTC - there are two stocks for education, they both claimed to be linked to the amount of players doing courses.
Of course when players sunk massive amounts of cash into WSSB it dropped and NEVER returned regardless of players in education - However the other stock ISTC carried on going up and down...Hmmmz...Linked ? Methinks not.
Anyways might be proved wrong (Hope I do!!) but I think that ELT will drop further and not return for quite a while.
Thinking this new system (apart from the front end which I do like a lot) is another way to reduce in game money..
Novelty of buying stocks on the new system for a few weeks - then wait till a massive amount of money put into a stock then crash it and hold it low...Players will eventually need money so withdraw at a loss.
Did a similar thing in the old stock system with WSSB/ISTC - there are two stocks for education, they both claimed to be linked to the amount of players doing courses.
Of course when players sunk massive amounts of cash into WSSB it dropped and NEVER returned regardless of players in education - However the other stock ISTC carried on going up and down...Hmmmz...Linked ? Methinks not.
Anyways might be proved wrong (Hope I do!!) but I think that ELT will drop further and not return for quite a while.
It was confirmed years ago that the text in Stocks 2.0 was flavour text and nothing actually affected the stock value - otherwise it would’ve been directly influenced by player activity.
The game isn’t designed to sap money; Stocks, like everything is a gamble. So don’t gamble what you’re afraid to lose, and don’t complain when you lose cuz you will eventually.
I’m up 2B since April’s launch; and my last week worth of investments has left a 700M hole in my pocket - MCS, EWM, ELT, such is life. Either materialise the loss and try again, or be patient and wait for the rebound. If stocks in general are due to see an avg value increase of 10% pa then technically speaking, provided you have the patience everything will eventually be a profitable trade.
It’s all about Risk vs. Reward.
The game isn’t designed to sap money; Stocks, like everything is a gamble. So don’t gamble what you’re afraid to lose, and don’t complain when you lose cuz you will eventually.
I’m up 2B since April’s launch; and my last week worth of investments has left a 700M hole in my pocket - MCS, EWM, ELT, such is life. Either materialise the loss and try again, or be patient and wait for the rebound. If stocks in general are due to see an avg value increase of 10% pa then technically speaking, provided you have the patience everything will eventually be a profitable trade.
It’s all about Risk vs. Reward.
Update:
Grain which hit a recent low of 210 has rebounded to 226 (5.75% increase from yesterday). Similarly, ELT which hit a recent low of 160 has jumped to 168 (5.22% increase from yesterday). ELT has the potential to get back to the 200s but depends on how long your willing to hold the share.
Grain which hit a recent low of 210 has rebounded to 226 (5.75% increase from yesterday). Similarly, ELT which hit a recent low of 160 has jumped to 168 (5.22% increase from yesterday). ELT has the potential to get back to the 200s but depends on how long your willing to hold the share.
Like I said , hope Im proved wrong :)
But like how do we feel about sym atm?
My thoughts (and these are just mine) the stocks arent going to spike as much as the old system did - I think you'll be lucky occasionally and gamble on small troughs and rises.
I dont think ELT will hit 170+ anytime soon maybe 2-3+ weeks from now, its almost capped - but I could be wrong, so many people dumped cash into that stock when it dropped to 170 if it exceeds that the amount of in game cash would be massive.
I do think that the stocks are linked to something, but I think they are also governed by limits set in game.
But like I have said before I hope to be proved wrong.
I dont think ELT will hit 170+ anytime soon maybe 2-3+ weeks from now, its almost capped - but I could be wrong, so many people dumped cash into that stock when it dropped to 170 if it exceeds that the amount of in game cash would be massive.
I do think that the stocks are linked to something, but I think they are also governed by limits set in game.
But like I have said before I hope to be proved wrong.
Ye I feel like ELT may or may not pay off in the long run. It keeps hitting around 170 and then dropping to 160 (up and down, up and down) so I guess if you catch the low and sell it high its still short-term profit. There's a possibility it may go back to it's former glory i.e. to the 200s but it may just continue staying low who knows. As for SYM, I think its peaking or close to its peak but it could reach a new high. Personally, I would not buy SYM right now unless your looking for passive investments (one of the best if not the best after 2 bill bank). SYM was 716 10 days ago and now it's 777 and still growing, again personally I would sell it now if I bought it at the low point but it's still a good passive investment no matter the price.
no matter when you buy it'll be up if you hold for long enough
just bought a million shares , will buy a million more . keep seething non believers .
ahahahahaha
Gonna quote that 1st sentence as much as I possibly can :D
Gonna quote that 1st sentence as much as I possibly can :D
$1m worth of shares ? Impressive !!
You could not afford 2m shares, your networth lets you down.
Keep dreaming matey if it keeps you happy though.
You could not afford 2m shares, your networth lets you down.
Keep dreaming matey if it keeps you happy though.
ill just take loans from my faction 00
Looking like its ready to blow now, fingers crossed.