Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

grave this

Started by FoxHunter267 [2476488] on in Stock Market.

22 replies · 1.15k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 23 / 23 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
23
Discussion span
→
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
53 / 100
Engagement score
72 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Zino [1314640]
From personal research, I believe that they are influenced by an index of stocks in the relevant industry. However there are some stocks which are near identical to certain individual IRL stocks. I usually make my decisions based of the industry as a whole and from what I see on the graphs.
HavokGDI [133687] Moderator Official
This thread exists already and players were able to match up most of them. Ill dig and see if I can find it
THX [2430842]
Nah, all of them are incorrect. I honestly have a big doubt it's based on any single stock. If it even is true that theyre based on RL stocks which I sincerely doubt, it will probably be a pool of 3 or more stocks taking their average.
Solarisian [1464016]
It depend on game data, if there is so many education course attend, WSU will increase.
Hospital, jail as well.
Casino depend on how much money they gain.
Something like that
Alma [2167054]
That was the old system and even then it was barely a significant influencing factor iirc. It's all changed with stocks 3.0
Kami [2078764]
Crude definitely is not Shell, either.
There has to be some additional variance, first for Closed Hours beyond After-Hours Trade, weekends, holidays and the like, and some additional upside to make for the average 10% Ched has said is supposed to perform per annum, but even with that, the graphs are totally off. Besides, I doubt linking it to single companies would make sense altogether, I'd rather guess for an ETF Mix with added volatility depending on conditions in Torn itself.
Kami [2078764]
Exactly. Either a spread asset alloc, or right off ETFs. With a spread alloc, the volatility wouldn't quite match up so I suppose it might be magnified in a range. One way or another, if it was as easy as finding one matching-up graph, Ched would've simply put it out in the open. There is barely more than a few thousand publicly listed companies possible to go through for all major exchanges.