Bump+++
Infinite Ends - Prepping...
Started by ScocoS [2599904] on in Fun & Games.
Posts archived: 2,258 / 2,258 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Oof...
Oof?
Bidoof
Update: the next new game will begin around this coming weekend.
Story name: Hunter’s Offerings
Story name: Hunter’s Offerings
Amazing, new game
First 2 time winner? Lol
Bump
Hope i ein the next game
[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]Hunter's Offerings
(Concluded)[/background]
In your village, people farm and hunt for a living. Technological development is on the rise in the cities, but technology is scarce here, and people prefer it that way. Villagers also worship the gods for things like bountiful prizes, safety, good weather, fruitful crop yields, and so on.
Every year there’s a special ceremony, where each hunter household brings forth house-specific required fresh animal offerings to ask the gods for blessings. Your older brother, the hunter of your family, usually covers this task, but he’d fallen ill recently and could not get out of bed. You, as the only other physically capable person in the family – your sister is too young and your mom too old – have to hunt the offerings yourself this time.
The problem is, you’re not a skilled hunter. You’re more of a book person. Also you’re not as familiar with those woods, nor the ceremony specifics. All you know is that your house needs to bring a “white deer” and a “crimson tiger”. But for your family’s sake, you need to try.
Round 1
Time is not abundant and you need to start preparing for the hunt immediately. You’ll spend days but at most a few weeks in the woods. You already have some basic stuff with you, like bow and arrow, sleeping bag, and knife. First stop, you go shopping.
You can buy and bring at most 2 more items with you (pick up to 2):
- Quiver (can stash more arrows)
- Compendium of Materia Medica (your land’s version)
- First aid kit
- Compass (magnetic)
- Food and water
- Lighter (butane)
What action do you take? (pick 1)
- Research animals
- Practice combat skills
- Persuade a friend to accompany you against ceremony rules
- Quick scout of the forest
- Pray
- Care for your sick brother
Awesome start! :)
I'll go with
3. First aid kit
6. Lighter
And I'll
6. Care for my sick brother (thinking it might be the last time I see him, and maybe he'll give me some advice who knows :p)
I'll go with
3. First aid kit
6. Lighter
And I'll
6. Care for my sick brother (thinking it might be the last time I see him, and maybe he'll give me some advice who knows :p)
Sweeeet
I choose
2. Compendium of Materia Medica
4. Compass
and
2. Practice combat skills
I choose
2. Compendium of Materia Medica
4. Compass
and
2. Practice combat skills
I choose
2. Materia Medica
5. Food and Water
And
I also choose 5. Pray
2. Materia Medica
5. Food and Water
And
I also choose 5. Pray
Thanks for hosting another one! I love these!
Well, as a bookworm, playing to my strengths would be a good move. All of the other items are useful, but if worst comes to worst then it would be good to make sure I can get back home. So:
2: [background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]Compendium of Materia Medica (your land’s version)
[/background]4: [background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]Compass[/background]
Going out in the wilderness is inherently dangerous (so I read), so as my extra action I should make sure I know how to actually defend myself and hunt what I need to hunt.
2: [background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]Practice combat skills[/background]
Well, as a bookworm, playing to my strengths would be a good move. All of the other items are useful, but if worst comes to worst then it would be good to make sure I can get back home. So:
2: [background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]Compendium of Materia Medica (your land’s version)
[/background]4: [background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]Compass[/background]
Going out in the wilderness is inherently dangerous (so I read), so as my extra action I should make sure I know how to actually defend myself and hunt what I need to hunt.
2: [background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]Practice combat skills[/background]
3. First aid kit
5. [background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]Food and water
[/background]6.[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]Care for your sick brother[/background]
5. [background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]Food and water
[/background]6.[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]Care for your sick brother[/background]
To answer a few good questions I got in my messages!
- You already have some arrows without the quiver. Buying the quiver just lets you hold even more.
- It's a magnetic compass
- Practice combat skills include both bow'n'arrow and knife practice
- From your limited knowledge of this forest, at least you know that it contains most of the normal everyday games that usually roam in forests.
(General note: if you ever need to edit your answers - before round closes, that is - make sure you put a EDIT at the top of your post, or better yet just make a new comment)
- You already have some arrows without the quiver. Buying the quiver just lets you hold even more.
- It's a magnetic compass
- Practice combat skills include both bow'n'arrow and knife practice
- From your limited knowledge of this forest, at least you know that it contains most of the normal everyday games that usually roam in forests.
(General note: if you ever need to edit your answers - before round closes, that is - make sure you put a EDIT at the top of your post, or better yet just make a new comment)
2. compendium
4. compass
6. care of brother
good luck to all participants
and thank you for another game R+
4. compass
6. care of brother
good luck to all participants
and thank you for another game R+
Compendium
Lighter
and research animals
Lighter
and research animals
4. Food and Water
5. Compass
and
4. Quick Scout of the forest
Good luck to all!
5. Compass
and
4. Quick Scout of the forest
Good luck to all!
You can buy and bring at most 2 more items with you (pick up to 2)
[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]
3. First aid kit ( For brother to heal)
[/background][background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]5. Food and water (To survive)[/background][background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]
[/background]
AND
[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]2. Practice combat skills (Self defence)[/background]
[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]
3. First aid kit ( For brother to heal)
[/background][background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]5. Food and water (To survive)[/background][background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]
[/background]
AND
[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]2. Practice combat skills (Self defence)[/background]