Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

ALLAH/GOD

Started by Mawkin [2434507] on in General Non-related.

87 replies · 967 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 88 / 88 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

elie350 [2065964]
In torn rules, you aren't allowed to write (on the forum) in any language other than English so you cannot bypass the other rules. E.g. saying offensive things or insults in a different language so staff doesn't know what you're saying.
And yes, Arabic is not, or shouldn't be, an exception to this rule. At least, in my opinion.

But that wasn't my point at all. I wasn't even speaking in the context of torn.

I was just pointing out, or at least, reminding what the word Allah means.
It's so often associated to Muslim or jihadist when it just mean God and can be used by anyone who speaks Arabic. Be them Muslim or Christian or Jews or whatever else. That is my only problem on this particular topic.

The fact that I get disliked and Muslims on other forums are worrying about themselves only proves my point.
I did not dislike your post.
I agree that what is happening is terrible especially because people could be so stupid and Evil to kill in the name of God.

Just a quote from a part of the conclusion of a term paper I wrote for a required "Religion" course in my college:

[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]We should live our lives under our own values and morals and not because we are expecting to go to heaven or to avoid hell. Be good because you want to be good and although you might advise others, don’t force them to follow your values as long as they aren’t trampling on the rights of others.
[/background]
[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]
[/background]
[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]And if the True God wanted to punish me because I did not believe in it or in its true religion, then be it. A God that is willing to punish for such a thing or a God that prone free violence, even if it was the true and only almighty creator, that won’t change the fact that under my values, this God is a bad God.[/background]
That is my point of view on this subject.

I do not know about Muslim's opinion on the matter of Daesh or Jihad and don't want to open up this subject because it will only make things gets heated up. Anyway, each person has their own opinion regardless of their religion.
If someone would stand by oppression, violence, murder, they are bad people regardless of their religion or country or race. Or whatever else.


If 'Allah' was only 'God' as it is for everybody else, then they'd use the word 'God'
If it is in the context of Torn forum. It depends. E.g. If the subject is about what the word Allah mean. Something like that. Otherwise, maybe? I don't know and don't want to get into this argument.


Outside torn. You can't forbid me from using the word "Allah" (or "Rabb" which means lord) in my every day sentences. Same as it is that you can't tell a French person

If "Dieu" was only "God" as it is for everybody else, then they'd use the word "God".
Megadeo [2656527]
Alright folks, lemme rip the band aid off.

God doesn’t exist. And by that, I mean NO god exists, none whatsoever.

Might seem like a bugger now, but trust me, you’ll thank me later for breaking it to you.
Daturax [2627396]
I believe in God, one Living God in Heaven, who created everything in 6days and nights, 24Hrs each.
+/- 6500 years ago.
That is the age of the earth.
Jesus died for all of us, so we can be forgiven for all our sins. Only through Jesus will we get through the gates of Heaven.
That is my belief, and Faith.
I am a Creationist and follows alot of Kent Hovinds seminars.
Not forcing it onto on anybody else, or saying that others are wrong in their beliefs.


Each to their own, we have choice to what we believe, whether its
Islam, Christianity, Jewish, Catholic, Atheist, Occultic, Hindu, Buddist, Evolutionist etc etc
I can promise you that NONE of any of those religion groups/Followers, would want to merge into one group. It will not happen. If it hasn't happened in thousands of years, then it never will.

I don't see why religions should be merged?
Science is Science, and religion is religion.
Most ppl are mature enough to respect eachothers differences in beliefs. There are the few who doesn't.

The OP's first post reminds me of the Georgia Stones, all those set rules.
Vogel [2090289]
your islamophobia smells like bad breath and that is why nice muslims don't want to hang around with you... they have standards.
but I mean... is in your hands to be a bit more careful about your mental and social hygiene.

might even come to the conclusion that there are waaay too many muslims on earth to argue they are ALL extremists or on their way to behead you... juuust saying...

yours sincerely,

some none muslim, none religious bird
nex [2054500]
A neo-nazi said he'd burn my house down because I was holding hands with my mulatto girlfriend 21 years ago. Ever since I've hated whitey because not once has any of the fringe "news" organizations we worship in my bubble condemned that particular person.
nex [2054500]
Gotcha, it was all just a PR stunt, as expected.

I'm glad. Easy chain targets that level up before their time is getting harder and harder to find. Thank the Sun God provides. :)
Shavedarmpit [2360543]
Did hundreds of years ago or still do nowadays? I haven't heard such things, so could you please provide me with any news article, where a Christian killed in the name of the religion? Unfortunately the beheading of the teacher in France doesn't make things look any better.
Yeah, there still are radical Christians out there. All of us want peace, but hate only creates hate and we'll always be the same.

I'm against in all forms of racism and discrimination. That's why I told to nex that I'm sorry he has been through this.

The fact that Christians did it doesn't mean Muslims should do it and I do agree that majority of Muslims are peaceful.
nex [2054500]
Why would I press charges against him? It was clearly the fault of his entire race and/or religion. After all, not a single white person or Norse God worshiper openly condemned his actions to me. That automatically makes it all of their fault, right?
WHOLESOM-O [2582226]
"3Freedom for all man and woman .... lgbtq i dunno about that yet but we will get somewhere if we can talk it out"

LOL, yea lets talk it out pls. Ill go first and i wanna start by calling you an idiot
nex [2054500]
I'm against in all forms of racism and discrimination.


The only thing you're against is having a f**king brain mate.

The fact that Christians did it doesn't mean Muslims should do it and I do agree that majority of Muslims are peaceful.


In this very thread you claimed that all Muslims are extremists before staff shut you down. You need to shut your coward bitch face up.