67 replies · 2.03k views · thread synced · 9 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:68 / 68 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
68
Discussion span
→
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
68 / 100
Engagement score
83 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
sugarvalves[1963573]Committee
· 36 likes · I had a feeling we'd see a complaint post about this, but I had no idea it'd be this quick. I was interested in hearing more about bounty sellers after they were brought to my attention recently, and by all …
ChillySpunc[1905415]
· 36 likes · Did Ched hire you purely based on the fact you're an obnoxious ****? Every time I see people being unhappy with an article you have the same nonchalant response. Maybe if you want an article about the different paths within …
Madz[2035318]
· 31 likes · bounty service an interesting service to share in a torn newsletter? i didn't like it at all, it was more of a advertisement then a report in my eyes maybe someone should have interviewed the guy or something... anyway, im …
The article links a forum post for placing bounties, which in my opinion is unfair on the other people that offer similar services.
It doesn’t effect me one little bit, however I’d like to know: If I write up an article on reviving, am I allowed to advertise our faction and the reviving services we offer?
What are you thoughts on allowing those kinds of posts in the newspaper?
I had a feeling we'd see a complaint post about this, but I had no idea it'd be this quick.
I was interested in hearing more about bounty sellers after they were brought to my attention recently, and by all accounts Larry was the first to do bulk services like this, so I contacted him and asked if he'd be interested in writing up a piece. This is nothing new. I've done plenty of articles on niche areas of Torn like this before, and I'll continue to do them if I think the topic will be interesting to others. We've covered revivers, artists, traders, and a hitman service in the past, and if anyone else has an interesting service or niche they want to share, they can pitch an article too.
Breh if I'm looking for bounty services I'm doing a forum search in the trade forum, keep your shit bumped, be the first online one I run into and you're the one I'm paying. No news articles gonna change that. That's how I do bounty reveals.
I can't speak to the quality/advertising since I don't read the articles.
Edit: just a quick glance, it's definitely a not so low key ad, similar to posting it in GD for more visibility but news ads only cost 500k a day and they put the effort into writing it, so eh? Seems fine even if ethically questionable. That's what Torns all about.
Either way, people run sig selling, item flipping etc. hustling their asses off, this is just another way of doing that, new excited players are great at it, the rest of us are too lazy so f**k it, if that's how they want to play then let them.
P.S. You could 1-up them by throwing a link to someone else's at the top of OP. Instead, you link to theirs, gotta up your game if you're selling it.
Legit though, when you're super into being a top player you gotta claw your way to the top even if it means doing shit like that, massive effort for minimal return just to get the money to make more money etc. Let the noobs do their hustle.
Based on his post he's made maybe 5b in a year that he woulda had to split with a herd of cats that he's using? f**k all that. Probably end of the day something like 2.5b profit for a massive effort, and you know he has a herd of cats cause shit I've spent more on bounties than him.
It was an article, regardless of whether you personally found it interesting or not. The piece covered what bounty selling is and how it can be used in wars, which means it explained a key part of warring to someone who might not be familiar. I realise that an article by one player about their own services is always going to feel like an ad to an extent, but you should know I get many similar pitching in my inbox every week, and if they're clearly nothing more than an advert then I reject them outright.
This wasn't the case with this article, as I asked Larry to write it. I also felt that this piece explored yet another way that players can earn and progress outside of the usual moneymaking mechanics, so I maintain that it was something worth publishing. We often do one-off articles on factions who advertise their recruitment drive, and yet I don't see any complaints about those. The fact that Larry pleasured me round the back of the dump and promised to bounty Relentless for free for me is also not relevant, or true.
For transparency, I was the one who asked Larry for client quotes and pricing as I felt people would want to know what kind of people use this service and how much they pay. I get that some bounty sellers may be annoyed that Larry has his own newspaper article, but really, they should be annoyed that they didn't think of pitching it themselves - as I said, we do these articles all the time.
But hey, if a few of you want to get angry on someone else's behalf despite the fact you have no stake in the matter, well, who am I to tell you what to do with your Monday.
Did Ched hire you purely based on the fact you're an obnoxious ****? Every time I see people being unhappy with an article you have the same nonchalant response. Maybe if you want an article about the different paths within Torn(which is a great idea btw) do them your f**king self instead of allowing someone else to do it in a totally bias and self-serving manner.
It's funny that you're always so keen to get other people to write articles. Wonder if it's to reduce the amount of work you have to do and you can sit back and keep being a tosser?
I agree it was very advertisement-y, but it did also offer a glimpse in the day in the life of a bounty seller which I thought was interesting. No amount of my money would cause me to want that kind of attention. lol So I do think some value was added, albeit pretty minimal. For that, I think we can forgive the article especially when Larry offers insight on his failures and changes to the game such as Early Discharge.
I dunno. Just doesn't seem like much to get upset over.
I honestly have no real complaint about the article, but to say he was the first to do it just simply isn't right, hell I don't claim to be the first to do it but bulk bounties is currently some of my biggest business and my thread is 2.5 years old...