This isn't really a game play suggestion, more of an implementation/UX suggestion:
Right now the 'flow' for players to bust/bail is to refresh via their browser, and then click on the bail/bust/confirm. Often the person is not in jail anymore. This gameplay seems antiquated for current web trends/other areas on the site.
I think it would be great if the Jail was more like Russian Roulette/other 'live'/socket/whatever screens where people would pop in and out of jail like a 'mini game' vs a static page you need to refresh constantly.
This would cut down on server load: you only need to fire events for updating the list vs having dozens/hundreds of people refreshing the entire php page, often dozens of times per bust. I think it would also improve 'game play' around jail as then it feels more like a busy place with high throughput vs 'I need to refresh to see activity in jail'.
tldr jail feels really old school with manual refreshes
Right now the 'flow' for players to bust/bail is to refresh via their browser, and then click on the bail/bust/confirm. Often the person is not in jail anymore. This gameplay seems antiquated for current web trends/other areas on the site.
I think it would be great if the Jail was more like Russian Roulette/other 'live'/socket/whatever screens where people would pop in and out of jail like a 'mini game' vs a static page you need to refresh constantly.
This would cut down on server load: you only need to fire events for updating the list vs having dozens/hundreds of people refreshing the entire php page, often dozens of times per bust. I think it would also improve 'game play' around jail as then it feels more like a busy place with high throughput vs 'I need to refresh to see activity in jail'.
tldr jail feels really old school with manual refreshes