Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

tornstats

Started by GruntPuppy [2105484] on in General Discussion.

29 replies · 812 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 30 / 30 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

ChillySpunc [1905415]
Unfortunately, the bigger Torn gets the more stress is put on third party tools. And as they're third party they are limited on how much they can spend on servers. It seems like since Ched offered his support for tornstats it has gone downhill a little but it's still a great tool.

We'll get to a point where these third parties will have to start charging a fee or Ched could simply just employ these third party developers to implement their features within Torn, let's face it, most of what tornstats, Yata and TT do is QOL features that really should be a part of Torn anyway.
SeaLion [250755]
What have you done to deserve using TornStats?

Have you contributed financially to the servers and the developers time coding?

Or do you just use a free service to you and want to complain about any developmental problems IceBlueFire encounters?

Don't be a f**king Karen.


[image: i.postimg.cc]





EDIT:

[image: i.postimg.cc]


I have used TornStats for years and it kicks ass! Put your money where your mouth is free loader. lmfao
DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee Committee
Technically, since he is a sub, he is financing the servers. Torn is paying for TornStats' server. That's the reason why a certain uptime is expected and why ads seem stupid.
SeaLion [250755]
"Running a quality site isn’t free; for years, I took on the costs of running and maintaining the servers myself with the help of donations from users like you. I always endeavored to keep the site as ad-free as possible, only allowing select ads to show on a limited number of pages in the hopes of keeping my costs manageable. As most developers know, unless your site is driving in hundreds of thousands of views a day, ad revenue is basically garbage. I consider all of the time that I dedicated to building and updating the website as my main donation to the site, after all, coding is my passion, and doing this is fun for me. I have probably put in a few thousand hours working on this site since I started making it in 2013.
Recently, I was approached by Chedburn who very graciously offered to cover the server costs. As you can imagine, this was a massive burden being lifted off my shoulders, and I can now focus on ensuring that I can deliver the best possible site for you. Knowing how much my work means to you, the players, will always serve as my main motivation, however, if you wish to donate to the website, please know that your support and generosity are greatly appreciated and that none of this could exist without you. Providing these useful tools to the community that I love will always be a passion of mine and I am very happy that I can continue to do so without the extra burden.
Thank You,
Adam (IceBlueFire)"



Thousands of hours of development for free, and years of running ther servers at a cost for the betterment of the community.

TornStats is constantly improving, and if they run into a server error here and there thats fine. Even Torn gets downtime, and they generate a lot more income.

IBF has implemented so many QOL features and when developers like Mauk were around he worked with them to integrate into DocTorn which was its own addon.

All those hours of his life he gave just to have people like you feel entitled to some 100% uptime because they sub to Torn lmfaooo get real bro.
Cthulhu [1616063]
Whether or not Torn is paying for the server, and whether or not they are a subscriber.. they would still be here complaining about something that is free and is completely optional.
If they don't like it that much, then just don't use it?
I'm sorry but I don't think there is much else to it.
I love TornStats and will continue using it. IceBlueFire has done an incredible job.(and you too with TT, which I use religiously)
Kamikaze-Tool [2035028] Committee Committee
Some of the features of tornstats like showing nnb, stat displays, and spies should really just be incorporated within torn. There is no reason to send that information to a separate site.
JackKelly [2271177]
I suppose I choose convenience over privacy in this case. I mean they cant use the api to find my real name, or my home address or anything at all that scares me. Someone knowing how much money I have on-hand or my stats or merit allocation doesnt matter to me. It's mostly info they can find without my api key anyway.

Mauk created DoctorN. I cant even imagine how much effort that must've taken. So he got into an argument with some people and disabled theirs. I dont see the harm in that, it's his to do with what he wanted. he never had to share it to begin with. Plus, I would rather know the context of the argument.

TAC sent up red flags with me as soon as they started charging for a premium service. That meant that only people paying for premium wouldnt be targets themselves. I logged out then and never went back.

I do understand your point. Just imo the damage that could be done by someone possibly knowing my api key is far less than the value of using 3rd party tools.(even if those tools only work 95% of the timne)