I don't think I would classify my job as an "Interest or Hobby" I'm sure we could classify THAT as one...because that topic....is a totally different conversation. lol. Literally.
Child Protective Services
Started by ChubbyWhiteGuy [2612640] on in Politics & Law.
Posts archived: 71 / 71 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Just trying to share information brother. You're probably right though.
I would say he already has. I could probably do it within an hour with just what he's posted.
Ouch.
Don't worry. I may verbally abuse you but I couldn't care less about ruining your life. Waste of energy.
Can I have my flag counter back?
Can I have my flag counter back?
I wasn't worried in the slightest. Lol.
Can I have mine?
Can I have mine?
Whats the most common reason that you generally get involved with families? do kids call? do friends or family reach out? schools?
Great question man. The MOST common reason I get called out is definitely teachers calling in referrals when they just get a little upset or worried about something. So things slow down a lot in the summer. Second, most are definitely nurses. The third would probably be pissed-off neighbors. lol.
so it's very rare for kids themselves to reach out? that makes me a bit sad.... makes it very likely that abusive parents that isolate their kids get away with it.
Kids will in rare instances, though it's usually teachers and nurses who see them either falling behind and withdrawing, or have ailments that are tell-tale signs of abuse.
Abusive parents do get away with it a lot of the time, and even if kids are in and out care, the biological parents through a combination of sheer inability to parent and advocate for their kids, and a state view towards family reunification, might have them home temporarily and still manage to cause harm to their own children.
Think of it this way, there's a great deal of people out there who are simply put: idiots. Those idiots get together with other idiots and make a baby, sometimes even planning on it because "gosh so cute". But they don't have the brain capacity to feed them, bathe and change them, clothe them and definitely don't have the sense to parent them with a view towards generating a thoughtful caring little person. No, they neglect their needs, they abuse them when they act out from the neglect and fundamentally warp their sense of self over time so that they come to see the shit flying at them as a good thing, something that might even make them happy from time to time. It's still shit flying at them though.
Abusive parents do get away with it a lot of the time, and even if kids are in and out care, the biological parents through a combination of sheer inability to parent and advocate for their kids, and a state view towards family reunification, might have them home temporarily and still manage to cause harm to their own children.
Think of it this way, there's a great deal of people out there who are simply put: idiots. Those idiots get together with other idiots and make a baby, sometimes even planning on it because "gosh so cute". But they don't have the brain capacity to feed them, bathe and change them, clothe them and definitely don't have the sense to parent them with a view towards generating a thoughtful caring little person. No, they neglect their needs, they abuse them when they act out from the neglect and fundamentally warp their sense of self over time so that they come to see the shit flying at them as a good thing, something that might even make them happy from time to time. It's still shit flying at them though.
I can't say I disagree with a single thing you said. lol. Reunification is always the key and it can usually do more harm than good.
Damn dude. That's all 100%.
Damn dude. That's all 100%.
Nothing says I love you more. Than a leather belt, getting pulled through 7 belt loops. At the speed of light. On a pair of wrangler jeans.
There's other facets to it obviously, but I'd say the majority of kids in care a from "broken family structures" where the parents are unable or unwilling to parent.
There's the sadder aspect too of kids losing their folks and not having anyone able to step in and parent them. Good kids with a hole left in them by loss and trauma need stable homes lest they develop unhealthy coping mechanisms.
There's the sadder aspect too of kids losing their folks and not having anyone able to step in and parent them. Good kids with a hole left in them by loss and trauma need stable homes lest they develop unhealthy coping mechanisms.
This brought back some memories. Lol. Lord have mercy.
Yeah. I mean, protective services even being involved is considered trauma. I think that's where the big divide is. Will protective services be able to lower the amount of trauma this child will go through, by causing slightly more trauma? There are a lot of times where we do more harm than good, but other times where we have to be the bad guy in order to help these people in the long run.
It is tricky for sure, some 'rents need that wet trout slap across the face to get the message across that their kids come first. Others who've either gone through the system themselves or are just plain unfit won't have a great response to it.
The whole idea of child welfare in the westcame out of animal protection laws which is f**ked up to think about
The whole idea of child welfare in the westcame out of animal protection laws which is f**ked up to think about
I consider myself lucky. CPS never got hold of me.
My mother kicked me out when I was 14. Did ok for a couple years and got arrested for selling weed. Went to juvenile hall, mom refused to take custody of me and I went to a group home. I got arrested for armed robbery while I was in the group home. Funny story.
My mother kicked me out when I was 14. Did ok for a couple years and got arrested for selling weed. Went to juvenile hall, mom refused to take custody of me and I went to a group home. I got arrested for armed robbery while I was in the group home. Funny story.
and the harm caused within foster/group homes? the harm caused by BS CPS "investigators"? the lack of accountability such as in Ontario where the CAS are private not for profits, that are not within the purview of even the Provincial Ombudsman.
There are significant issues, including bribery, extortion, trafficking of minors, etc., all swept under the rug.
There are significant issues, including bribery, extortion, trafficking of minors, etc., all swept under the rug.
There are definitely some bad foster homes, just like there are bad parents and bad family dynamics. But there are also great foster homes and people who do a job that no one HAS to do. It's just the idea of taking a child out of a bad situation and trying to put them in a better one.
And yeah, CPS investigations are definitely considered a form of trauma for these families. However, if these kids don't have a voice or someone looking out for them, in bad situations, who will?
I don't know much about the Canadian system. However, in America, there are quite a bit of checks and balances.
And yeah, CPS investigations are definitely considered a form of trauma for these families. However, if these kids don't have a voice or someone looking out for them, in bad situations, who will?
I don't know much about the Canadian system. However, in America, there are quite a bit of checks and balances.
The problem is when there is bad, just like when there are molesters in schools, nothing is done, but to cover up, and hide. Or when CPS organizations f**k up and cover up leaving families broken irreparably.
Too much authority given to truly underskilled people of questionable agendas.
Too much authority given to truly underskilled people of questionable agendas.