Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Curious pre-flight message

Started by Virulence [666118] on in Questions & Answers.

5 replies · 351 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
7
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
64 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
55 / 100
Virulence [666118]
Recently when abroad when I'm click the travel back to Torn button this message appears in red: Starting this flight will waste some energy!

It doesn't seem to make sense as flying should not require E, and I'm pretty sure I don't lose any E by continuing on with the flight.

Anybody have any additional info on this? I did a forum search to no avail
undo [2090073]
Are you using an add-on? Like TornTools, etc? I've never seen this, and can't find it in recent patch notes either.

Edit: Also, I'm guessing maybe this is on a long flight where you'll have a full E bar when you land back in Torn or a shorter flight where you spent too long abroad and end up with a full E bar when you land back in Torn? And the warning just means that if you don't do an attack or w/e abroad you won't get the full natural E regen you'd otherwise get? But, again, I've never seen this.
Virulence [666118]
ah, yea is probably TTools. I see now it has a pref for CD ending notification while traveling. That said the wording could be a bit better and I've only ever seen it reference E CD and none of the others.
Evbutts17 [2217430]
This is from TornTools im quite sure, and as Undo said it means that during the flight your Energy will fill up, meaning that you are wasting potential Natural E gain by going on the flight.

It doesn't really apply if you plan to do mugging, reviving, or hunting as you will spend the E when you land overseas so it will continue to regen on your flight back to torn, instead of staying full and "wasting energy"

Hope that clarifies it a bit :)
DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee Committee
It shows the cooldown times before taking the flight. The problem with the feature is that we have to rely on the api for it, so there is a delay on it knowing your current energy level.