Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Stop selling AN for so little!

Started by backman [2101032] on in Company Discussion.

44 replies · 702 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 45 / 45 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
45
Discussion span
→
Authority score
39 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
45 / 100
Engagement score
75 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

backman [2101032]
Price of ANs dropped significantly. I bought my current company for 400m (6*) and now I can´t sell 9* for the same price.

STOP IT

It is reasonable to sell 8-9* AN for 400-500m or even more. Here´s the math behind it:

200-300k daily profit (7,5m/month) + selling trains (400k each, 108m/month) + EDVDs (13,5 EDVDs/month --> 31m/month) and possibly EDVD tax in 9-10* AN, it´s pretty common (but I don´t do it)

SO the director makes 150m+ monthly! It could be more with selling trains for 450k, or with some eDVD tax. So the investment returns in 3 months or less - thet´s pretty good deal.

Another big plus is obviously no salary to the employees, huge demand for job, low stats needed for good effectivness and cool passive at 7* and 10* .

Don´t sell your ANs so horribly underpriced, it´s nonsense!
Tarelli [1060371]
Lol, it's called supply and demand my friend.

Selling trains and taxing is scummy so don't base your maths on that.

Price will drop further still.
backman [2101032]
Selling trains isn´t scummy, taxing is (that´s why I don´t do it and I literally mention it in the post lol).

I know what it´s called, ehm, that´s why I made this whole post - Try to convince "supply" makers to be reasonable. People will still buy it for higher price, it´s now ridiculusly underpriced so I at least try to do sth with it (yeah, one forum post will change nothing, I just don´t want to be quiet)
backman [2101032]
Oh, and before you start arguing that EDVD cost dropped (as sooo many people do). It dropped for about 1,5m in an year, it´s a lot, yeah, but in overall monthly profit it makes less then 10% decrease, so it´s not as significant for a director as for the employees (and they don´t seem to care as you can find 3-4 good new employees in one day).
Aezur [1950769]
1 EDVD = 2.3m per week.

1 $400k train per day = 2.8m per week

How is one more scummy than the other? That's a weird line to draw. As long as all involved are happy with the deal, why should it matter which revenue stream a director chooses?

Edit: I charge a 20e can per week tax, and train everyone for free. Everyone gets better work stats, high stars are easier to maintain, and Im charging them less than you are proposing. I fail to see how me charging them less is more scummy.
Broery [2092837]
why bought 6* AN at 400m tho

anyway im pretty sure most directors wont read forum cz they play like inactive*

*just like me haha
PikiMoh [2003812]
As Tarelli said its a question of supply and demand.

And the fact is that AN,s are easy beginner companies to own, so everyone decided to have one.

Now that DVD´s price dropped, employees are escaping to lingerie stores, and owners seem to increase even more the advertising budget, people are trying to get rid of them...

That said, returning to the 1st phrase i wrote... as tarelli said...
backman [2101032]
Because there´s no salary, the only income for players are EDVDs (most players sell EDVDs, not using them, at least in ANs below 10*). Taxing EDVDs is like taxing income, but if the employees agree with it, why not...It just seem a little bit scammy to me.

But not everyone want trains, the daily stats may be enough for someone and a lot of people wants all the trains on the other hand, so when people write to me that they want to buy trains, I don´t see nothing scammy at all. For many companies it´s also either the only or the main source of income.
Aezur [1950769]
You can see my "runs a company" icon, and comment where I say that I run a company and tax cans, right? I am aware of how running low tier companies work.

I tax a 20e can a week per player, so 1.5m * 10 = 15m per week. So just about covering the ad costs.

I dont give a f**k if they use JP for it, or sell their little ass on the street. They pay their share of ad costs, and we all can use our JP freely. I'm failing to understand how 1.5m per week for 7 trains is worse than 2.8m a week for the same thing.

What items they sell or JP they spend is of no concern of mine. All I care about is everyone pays their share, so everybody profits.
Caedes [2100412]
I had 5 ANs, all bought at 10* around 600-700m maybe like 6-12 months ago.

After the dvd crash they just became awful (yes I taxed and sold trains, don't get all fluffy to me about it if people were willing to pay).

Ended up selling them all for like 400m or even disbanding right at the end because literally no one wanted them even though they were making 40-50m profit per week. EDIT: Before the crash they were doing 70-80m a week in profit.

Of course I made a fair bit of profit regardless of sale price but I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole now. Instead I switched them all out for logis and had a far better time. Easier to run, less hands on, no taxing or stress and less ROI but more overall profit which I felt was worth the reduced stress.