Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Faction upgrades

Started by JurassicMark [2043116] on in Suggestions.

2 replies · 34 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
24 / 100
Historical score
14 / 100
Story score
29 / 100
Engagement score
34 / 100
JurassicMark [2043116]
Can we overhaul this? I find it to be extremely non-intuitive. I play tons of games with upgrade trees, so I'm not sure why I find this one to be so difficult.

To be honest, I'm so confused by it that i don't even know how to explain what confuses me. If I click on "Restore" I get the message "Are you sure you would like to restore all upgrades within this branch that are currently being unset?" Sounds a little clunky, but I think I can unpack that sentence. OK, great, how do I know which upgrades are being unset? I didn't unset them. Even if I did unset them, what if I forgot what I unset?

Why can't I see trees that I know we invested in? Looking at my upgrades right now, my Excursion branch is just...gone. I know we can get it back because we've done it countless times.

Do we really need "Change," "Unset," "Restore," and "Cancel" all on the screen at the same time? You can't even do all 4 of those at the same time.

I'm posting this fully prepared to take some heat from this. I'm so annoyed by this that I'm willing to have people think I'm an idiot. <sigh>

EDIT: I have a specific suggestion that would help me (and hopefully somebody else out there). When you want to get rid of your temporary faction perk and you hit unset, perhaps you could get a message like this: "This will fully restore your Excursion branch. You will not see the changes for xx hours." THEN if another faction mate comes along and tries to monkey with your work you get a message something like: "A faction member is trying to fully restore your Excursion branch. Would you like to be a total dick and..." (or words to that affect).

Another possible suggestion. You can view all branches, even the one that is being restored. But, perhaps the one being restored is greyed out with a message at the top saying "This branch will be fully restored in xx hours." See, I even used the British spelling of "grey" in the spirit of mutual respect and cooperation.

EDIT2: A faction mate pointed out that the upgrades being unset are in red. The whole thing makes a lot more sense now.. However, I STILL think you should be able to see all unlocked branches. Maybe I'm missing something.
Zeifer [1949530]
I don't realy see your point, for me it's simple enough, and not everone can medly with upgrades. To me what is very anoying is waiting 100 hours to uset upgrades, why not 96 hours?