Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Mission Failure

Started by J-D [921949] on in Bugs & Issues.

11 replies · 141 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
12
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
4
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
4
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
35 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100

Most-liked replies

J-D [921949]
I got given a mission to defeat A Player with no armour or weapons equipped, so before doing so like many other I initiated an attack before hand to lower there health unfortunately I defeated them but as this didn’t Clarify on the first attempt, I assumed this would be okay like many I’ve done before, I.E only use a piercing weapon and so on so forth.
Unfortunately This lead to me failing the mission, Surely This is unfair due to the non Clarification of “On The First Attempt”

Also Attack Log ,

https://www.torn.com/loader.php?sid=attackLog&ID=e038bac43c16fbb5217f7fffeae3a0f9

[image: i.imgur.com]




Device: Apple iPhone XR; iOS 14.6;
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
You can use multiple attempts to lower the opponent's HP, as long as you don't use a weapon. The only requirement for the mission is to be unarmed as mentioned in the mission description and requirement statement. Changing it to "on first attempt" would be incorrect because you are allowed multiple chances to complete the mission as long as you don't have weapons and armors equipped. You disregarded the only requirement of the mission, which is why it failed.

Closing the report.
J-D [921949]
But I’ve had many missions in the past where I’ve defeated them with the wrong thing and never been an issue is what I’m getting at, the only time it’s ever been different is if it says on first attempt which this one didn’t, although I understand what your explaining, there are some discrepancies between missions some will allow this and then clearly others don’t I.E ^
J-D [921949]
I will have to take a look at previous missions if there available to view but certainly will take a look
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
Here's your mission logs. I am afraid that doesn't include mission tasks. But they should be easy enough to find in one of the player guides.
J-D [921949]
Here’s the previous mission and I’ll attach the 2 attack logs in which I hit him too hard 1st try them completed it on the 2nd in which it gave no failure.


Attack Log #1…… https://www.torn.com/loader.php?sid=attackLog&ID=d0e27aac99d27113ed9d2e041bf05fc3


Attack Log #2 …….
https://www.torn.com/loader.php?sid=attackLog&ID=c471391fad33abfc3968a37a8191634f


[image: i.imgur.com]
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
The difference is the task objective really. This one has a positive objective "Use XXX item to defeat opponent". The mission you are referring to has a negative objective "Do NOT use xxx to defeat the opponent".

In both cases you get multiple attempts as long as you are following the primary objective. If the Trout mission were to enforce a failure upon missing with Trout, it would basically mean you HAVE to do it in a single attempt, if you miss with the Trout you are screwed. To give people multiple attempts, the mission has to remain open, because simply speaking, you failed to achieve the objective, but you didn't go against any specific directive.

For the armor mission, DUKE is asking you NOT to use weapons/armors, so you mustn't use them.
J-D [921949]
Wow, okay although I understand this I could easily see how this could become very confusing and you’ve basically got to read the wording on every mission to establish what you can and can’t do to have multiple attempts, I personally feel like that maybe needs simplifying but there we are, albeit im not happy with it but guess I will have to swallow it
flufffy [494285]
Yeah reading is a pain, but if you want specific things changed you could log a suggestion to get Ched to take a closer look.... show how you would reword all the confusing missions to make them clearer
J-D [921949]
I think just clarification of either first time or not which isn’t really gonna get much attention from ched so I suppose just lesson learnt and hope others have seen it too for there own benefit