Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Wrong ItemID (error on items)

Started by Hawk [2080065] on in Bugs & Issues.

6 replies · 94 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
3
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
37 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
48 / 100

Most-liked replies

Hawk [2080065]
This keeps happening (maybe 10-15 times in the past day or 2, during this war).
It is very disruptive during a fast-paced war.

My intent
- attack
- switch temp
- attack

Scenario - what actually happens
- I have some temps on loan from the faction for the war (not sure if the "loan" part matters, but including all details)
- I equip a temp
- I make attack(s)
- I get get hosp'd
- I get revived
- I attempt to switch to another temp on the Item tab that I keep open (since before I got hosp'd)
- I get "Wrong ItemID" and the only way to make it work is to do a page reload

I'm not sure if I must get hosp'd or revived for the error to happen.
- It might even happen without those parts.


[image: i.imgur.com]


***It would be great to get it fixed before the next chain / war / Elimination

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
Passing along to Ivan for checking. It is possibly the case due to multiple people having loaned Serotonin from faction armory.

Thanks!
hezma [936576]
I can provide some more info for this. I think each Item as a unique ID and thats why that error pops up. For example: Use you a sero in a fight, switch to smoke, then back to sero without refreshing the page and youll get that error. I hope this could be live so we dont have to refresh page every time a temp that has been used has to be re-equipped after switching out.
Hawk [2080065]
I still get this occasionally. I also want to confirm that it just happened but had nothing to do with borrowed items from my faction.

I did this
- fought a player and used a temp needle
- switched to flash grenade
- fought another player

- found that it didn't actually switch to flash grenade (I still had the needle)
- finished the fight, returned to my items page and saw the "Wrong Item ID" error message

- threw my laptop across the room
- stomped on it
- bought a new laptop
- made this post

Neither item was borrowed from faction.

[image: i.imgur.com]
kapnobatai [2623426] Admin Staff
You already used this item during the attack, that's the problem. Currently we don't have any mechanism to refresh inventory to keep it aligned with all tabs.
Maybe we will plan to do something like this in the future.
Hawk [2080065]
No that’s not true.


You can see from my screenshot that I had a large quantity. Nothing was used up. Plus it’s not the item I used.
byrod [1132772]
I seem to remember it happened to me as well when I had the Item page open in one tab, did some attacks in different tabs, and returned to the (already open) item page to switch temp.