How does racing skill affect races? Is this explained anywhere?
Racing Skill
Started by Slickers [2210476] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 10
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 7
- Likes on archived posts
- 26
- Authority score
- 47 / 100
- Historical score
- 21 / 100
- Story score
- 41 / 100
- Engagement score
- 73 / 100
Most-liked replies
- nihilisticcat [2112766]
· 9 likes ·
Wrong question! OP was asking what racing skill does not how to increase it! I don't have a good answer, there's a large factor of RNG with racing, but the higher your racing skill the more consistent you become (and … - Jonicorn [2173172]
· 4 likes ·
Racing Skill - You can gain racing skill by simply racing. (Official/Custom) - You can get Passive 10% boost to your racing skill by buying up the benefit block (1,000,000) of Torn city Motors. - Track length, race end position …
Racing Skill
- You can gain racing skill by simply racing. (Official/Custom)
- You can get Passive 10% boost to your racing skill by buying up the benefit block (1,000,000) of Torn city Motors.
- Track length, race end position has more effect on racing skill gains.
- Car type, race time has no effect on racing skill gains.
- Official races will give more racing skill compared to custom races of similar length. It is compensation for the waiting before the race.
I think the details of the racing skill mechanics are not public (much like CE details), but it seems to be safe to assume that higher RS affects certain RNG elements leading to giving you an edge over the competition.
This is only just speculation of course, but I couldn't find any more details than provided by the wiki.
This is only just speculation of course, but I couldn't find any more details than provided by the wiki.
Wrong question! OP was asking what racing skill does not how to increase it!
I don't have a good answer, there's a large factor of RNG with racing, but the higher your racing skill the more consistent you become (and faster, but speed has more to do with cars and I'd only minimally effected by RS)
I don't have a good answer, there's a large factor of RNG with racing, but the higher your racing skill the more consistent you become (and faster, but speed has more to do with cars and I'd only minimally effected by RS)
what i believe is the higher your RS, the lower the effect of RNG on your racing outcomes.
We had a race where the highest skill person finished 17th in a stock Robin race. So honestly no clue lol
This doesn't say how racing skill affects races, though, just how to get racing skill
Racing skill gives you a merit too when you hit 10. But it's painfully slow. At the moment I have Races entered 1652; Races won 451 and RS 9.98. If you really focus you can get there faster than me, but probably not by much.
lol that's weird, I have 1,185 races entered and 43 races won with a RS of 11.63!
I wish stats tracked how many officials vs. customs (maybe even URT special races too?) we entered alongside the total
I wish stats tracked how many officials vs. customs (maybe even URT special races too?) we entered alongside the total
I entered a whole bunch of 3 lap races to get 250 wins with same car merit. RS per race depends also on number laps. And official races give more RS.
Actually, in the log you can filter on Racing join official race and Racing join custom race. When I get to my laptop I'll export the results in excel, count them and post here.
Actually, in the log you can filter on Racing join official race and Racing join custom race. When I get to my laptop I'll export the results in excel, count them and post here.