Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Steven King

Started by JOBEE [2691791] on in Art & Literature.

9 replies · 77 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
17
Authority score
8 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
51 / 100
JOBEE [2691791]
I am just over half-way through The Stand and I NEED more. His writing style just flows so naturally in my opinion. What would you folks recommend by him?

I have read The Green Mile and Pet Semetary in the past and plan to revisit them soon, so they are already on my list!
AilsaJoy [2692129]
I recommend The Shining and The Dead Zone. Also, ‘Salem’s Lot.

if you’re into fantasy, I highly *highly* recommend Eyes of the Dragon. Stephen King wrote it for his daughter because she didn’t enjoy horror. It’s basically a children’s fairy tale… told in classic King style.
TalkieToasterTM [2278315]
Graveyard shift and Skeleton crew have some excellent short stories in (some of my favourite King stories). Dead zone is brilliant as mentioned above. Carrie is brilliant. Misery is brilliant. The last one I read was Duma Key, which I enjoyed very much.
JOBEE [2691791]
Wanted to give a little update since people are replying! I have read Carrie and am working on both The Dead Zone and Four Past Midnight.
Torvek [81345]
Check out The Dark Tower series it's amazing, the movie doesnt come anywhere close to the series. (I was so disappointed in the movie)
JOBEE [2691791]
Finished The Dead Zone, two stories from Four Past Midnight, and The Dark Half. I’m currently tearing through Cujo (going to finish in three days of reading I think) and loving it! Would love to know if any others flow like Cujo.