Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Mr/Ms Torn Stat Dump!

Started by KingLouisCLXXII [2070312] on in General Discussion.

41 replies · 3.01k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 42 / 42 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
42
Discussion span
→
Authority score
39 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
65 / 100
Engagement score
80 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Player 2601667 [2601667] ×1

KingLouisCLXXII [2070312]
In a year of "raunchy Amazon nurse costumes" and a couple of creative entries, I noticed some interesting stats. I hate writing so I'll keep it short! Enjoy these nice graphs and R+.

[image: media.discordapp.net]
Mr. Torn scores were skewed right with a minimum of 2.995, a maximum of 5.466, and a range of 2.471. The median score was 3.573 while the mean was 3.654. The standard deviation was 0.381 with the first quartile at 3.386 and the third quartile at 3.821.

[image: media.discordapp.net]
Ms. Torn scores were unimodal symmetric with a minimum of 2.995, maximum of 5.466, and range of 2.702. The median score was 4.68 while the mean was 4.682. The standard deviation was 0.582 with the first quartile at 4.2 and the third quartile at 5.152.

[image: media.discordapp.net]
Mr. Torn had far more entries 885 entries compared to Ms. Torn's 230. However, with a median of 4.68 Ms. Torn entries scored higher(Mr. Torn 3.573), on average. Unsurprisingly, Ms. Torn had a much higher standard deviation than Mr. Torn (0.582 vs 0.381) showing that users tended to rate appealing Ms. Torn pictures more favorably and less appealing Ms. Torn pictures more critically. Nonetheless, the lowest Ms. Torn score(3.412) was still 0.417 points higher than the lowest Mr. Torn score(2.995).

Mr. Torn entrants had an average age of 1230 and an average level of 48.5 while Ms. Torn entrants have an average age and level of 1023 and 44.3. Out of all entrants, there were 1093 Civilians, 3 Helpers, 2 Moderators, 5 Reporters, 1 Officer, 4 Wiki Contributors, and 4 Committee Members.

Entrants came from 372 different factions with Silver Hand holding the most entrants at 25, followed by November Chopin and Nub Navy with 15 and 14 entrants, respectively. In total, a mere 13 entrants were factionless.

Unfortunately for Torn's horny male population, only 10 Ms. Torn entrants are unmarried. (92 unmarried Mr. Torn entrants)
Only 1 Ms. Torn entrant has since changed her Torn gender to male whereas 8 Mr. Torn entrants are now female.

Out of all entrants, 127 are directors of companies (112 Mr, 15 Ms). 147 entrants are wannabe models or otherwise unemployed.

49 entrants are faction leaders with an additional 40 being faction co-leaders. Only 8 factions had both their leaders and co-leaders participate.

10 entrants began playing Torn after the competition started. (2 Ms, 8 Mr)

Out of over a thousand entries, there was only 1 fedded account. HandEyeProtege [2601667] in Mr. Torn with a score of 3.96 was fedded for Automated Scripting.




Raw Data:
Mr Torn
Ms Torn

Big thank you to CRLF for providing a lot of the data used in this report (User Stats pulled ~7/22/2021 14:15:58, did not include Fedded players)

Mentions: HandEyeProtege [2601667]

CRLF [2095076]
Excellent use of statistical analysis!

Now I just need to get him to do the fedded report and I can go sit on the beach in Puerto de la Cruz.
ZAYN [1181209]
For a sec, I thought CRLF created this thread (because who else), read all the way to the bottom and was confused why he was thanking himself.

But, basically the guys in this game are judged way more harshly, while for the girls, voters tend to be kinder.
Ruby [1260826]
That's not nice to say! She won fair and square.


On another note I'd like to see these graphs with battle stats instead ;)
I know, it's not possible, but still.
Ninivah [1950421]
I think the median for mr.torn is average when comepared to how males usually perform each year.

I'm not sure about ms.torn. I think the median went up this year.
Patient [2131539]
The most interesting thing about this is that despite(what I'm assuming would be) the majority of votes coming from men, both your Mr. and Mrs. Torn histograms follow the trends of how men rate women on dating apps and vice versa:



[image: www.newstatesman.com]

I can't find the original sources I read years ago, but just googled it and can't find the right search terms to find the studies, just a reddit post with pictures of the graphs, but from what I can tell they follow the same trends, albeit within a narrower band.
SlimGoodbody [2676196]
Unsurprisingly, Ms. Torn had a much higher standard deviation than Mr. Torn (0.582 vs 0.381) showing that users tended to rate appealing Ms. Torn pictures more favorably and less appealing Ms. Torn pictures more critically.

Mind sharing your hard scientific data for this opinionated conclusion?
hemi [2165616]
I don't think a person should be allowed to join ms/mr torn if they create their account after the competition started.