Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Cant we disable busting?

Started by Lohgela [2407012] on in Questions & Answers.

19 replies · 1.25k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
20
Discussion span
→
People posting
15
Likes on archived posts
50
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
66 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
42 / 100
Engagement score
72 / 100

Most-liked replies

Lohgela [2407012]
I'm trying to do a mission that requires me being in jail, but I dont want to hurt my CE. I tried busting higher in order to get jailed, but I get quickly busted out, twice already. I dont think theres a way to disable busting just like revive settings?

Also related, my "bounty" from crimes should not be affected by any other jailing, except arrests, right?

I should be up for an arrest now I think, if anyone is interested. It's been a month since my last arrest and I've been spamming arsons.

Thanks in advance.
Aleks-ODBird [2259658]
As long as you are jailed, no matter the reason, it gets reset. Its why people do fail-bust at times.

For the mission, you really just have to be quick. No other way to go round that sadly. Try opening another tab before doing fail-bust.
SirEdge [2609907]
I agree that people should be able to turn off being busted. I think that too many people will try to tell you how to handle your current situation while you make it about accomplishing a mission.
VYNICAL [2448434]
I disagree with the suggestion to disable bust due to the highly abusable nature (2-5 nerve to get yourself in 2h-3h jail via fail bust and free from being mugged vs self-hosping which takes up both med cd and bloodbag or SED).

However, I would suggest having an option to turn on a 5 seconds buffer when you get jailed before you're bustable (your profile shown up on the Jail screen) for people with slow connection wanting to do the mission involving getting in jail and using an item. At it is, this mission is almost impossible for low level player to do due to how fast people bust them out for bust xp. This option will not affect the general Torn population since it's on an opt-in basis and having 5 secs buffer does not have a significant impact nor give the player who opted-in any significant advantage that I can think of.
Penetration [2340613]
Good idea but careful, last time this came up it brcame a 15 second thing.

Honestly think you nailed a solution buuuut, I feel like a second tab can be used to get this mission done well under 5 seconds. Most of the players currently having trouble with this are likely less knowledgeable about the game and thus wouldn't think to open a second tab for speed, so I'm not surr 5 seconds would do it for these players either.
Powder [1456875]
Assuming you're on the felovax/zyklene mission. Not a fun mission when the community goes through the occasional jail clearings.
Brakier [2095393]
i would love if we could switch traders from trading in hosptial, to trading in jail, it makes 200% more sense and even seems realistc. cant get attackt becouse in a jail seems better then hospital security stopping attackers.

trading in prison is well known established that it occurs, and kingpins have run thier empires from inside prisons wtih bribes and corrupted officals "new jail 2.0?"

even going to jail willingly is more realstic, instead of trying to hurt yourself with life threating injuries lol.

and last thing, as jail hurts your nerve skill, its a cost to trade safely. , pay the nerve cost, or risk getting buymugged.
Brakier [2095393]
i wouldnt say its highly abuseble, you can pay somebody to hosp for for pretty cheap price and it will give you the same hosp time.

the nerve one is cheaper ofc, but i wouldnt say its so much of a diffrence to be honest. and it makes hell of alot more sense to denying jail leave, then denying a doctor tryinng to heal your fatal injuries.
Scarley [2261969]
A player in a detective agency can arrest you for a % of your crime earnings since the last time you were in jail, after you meet a certain threshold.

To avoid being arrested, you can jail yourself occasionally to reset your earnings.
Brakier [2095393]
that reset should be removed, why even have it? if there is something that can be abused its that reset, players willingly failing
crime to sit a short time in jail to avoid getting arressted and jailed for a long time, it dosent make much sense lol. why the bounty would reset when he only sat for like a short time when he has a large bounty on his head wich would give a long time.

only arrest by players should reset it
Scarley [2261969]
bit off-topic, but putting the bust mechanics aside, it makes sense. if you're wanted and you go to jail - irrespective of how you got there - you're no longer wanted for those crimes.
Securop [2247082] Officer Officer
Great idea.

Might be a good idea to get it as a company special, with the side-effect of other traders making the switch and losing the Clothing store mug protection. Maybe some more things that benefit that company - but I like the idea (as a trader).

Make me get out of my comfortable clothing store :)
SpudBossman [2212455]
One tactic one of my faction members recently suggested to me, with that mission, is do a really risky crime with long jail time. If you fail, the drugs combo will get you out of prison without need a lawyer card.

It will hurt your crime exp more than a failed bust, but it's also a chance to try and build up some exp with higher risk crimes.
Powder [1456875]
When the community decides the jail MUST be empty, no time is enough. I've been bought out for millions by random people, because every now and then, the jail just cannot contain a citizen.

I use a multi tab strategy and just bust people til I get jailed, then immediately tab over to take the felovax, sending me to the hospital.

Then I realize I'm an idiot and left my revives on.
undo [2090073]
Yep. If there are fewer than 5-10 people in jail, just take a break and come try again in an hour or so. I wouldn't even really attempt this mission with very few people in jail, and I'm level 93. Much easier to wait a little while; the jail never stays at practically empty for crazy long, and you have 3 days to complete the mission.