Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Faction hoppers

Started by Madman147 [2401628] on in General Discussion.

62 replies · 1.76k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 63 / 63 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
63
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
64 / 100
Engagement score
79 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Eitan [2223372] ×1

Madman147 [2401628]
I've been hoping about for some time but I wouldn't Call myself a "seasoned" faction hopper. Nevertheless I have been wondering how big the faction hopping community is.

So if you are a faction hopper, drop by and say hi, and maybe drop a few suggestions of favorites/worst factions to visit.
Cazio [585240]
Yes, compile a list of people for faction leaders to instantly decline and implicate yourself, what a good idea
TornFalcon [2042205]
Torn detectives better watch out!
[image: i.imgur.com]

edit: tbh curious how this turns out, I've been in one faction.
but even with different benefits or set-up's, I've never had an interest to
pop around. Do most "faction hoppers" do it to hit different benefits for their gameplay?
nex [2054500]
Do most "faction hoppers" do it to hit different benefits for their gameplay?


If they did it would be pretty stupid. That 3 day recruit period without toleration or steadfast is killer in the long run.
DedeSiregar [2430598]
[image: i.ibb.co]

I don't hop factions tho. Adrenaline, batavia, helvete and PT. Those are factions I join as official members. The rest I was joining as part of faction touring crew with friends or guesting for a faction chain. The 6 days no perks hurt a lot. My rehab bills is high and my stats fell behind as I couldn't always follow the steadfast.

But I don't regret it. I met lots of cool people, gained experience and knowledge from many leaders, and had great time.
MaxHeadRoom [1429645]
faction hopping can be and is annoying BUT sometimes you join a faction that isnt what it was advertised, or a good fit, or you simply realise you dont like it and move on.

But a factionhopper will eventually settle down and when they do they tend to be intensely loyal as they have sampled from a number of factions and believe they have found the right fit.

As for references, a reference is an opinion based on certain facts... factions look for those certain facts regardless of personality or lack of it. Hence some of the more colourful members of certain factions... they obvs arent there for their charm ffs...

If a player is hopping and refused entry without even a convo about it, it shows short sightedness from that leader if they dont even enquire... in a case like that the player prolly dodged a bullet tbh

factionhopping does show a certain dedication to getting the right fit and it doesnt always work first time but then fitting into a team is never easy and at hof level some teams are easier to fit into than others....
Madman147 [2401628]
That's why I do It too. Heard a lot of people complaining that in the long run people just log in spend e/nerve. And that's it.. but hopping about let's you meet new people.
Madman147 [2401628]
Ey fair enough. If I make the list, I make the list. I'm not a leech, I usually stick around for a chain or 2 and make it clear that I'm there temporarily, and I'm not asking for vault perms either. And If i make it onto a list for being a restless soul, i guess you'll just make it easier for me to find my crowd. Send me the link sometime.
-69 [2240071]
I been apart of my faction for 907 days, my account is 909 days old.

Soo, nah. Faction hopping is lame.
DedeSiregar [2430598]
Well if you want to do that, my boss taught me to:

Have yourown gear (armours and weapons).
Bring yourown meds (at one point I had 20k bloodbags O-).
Bring yourown boosters during chain and train.
Bring yourown refill during chain and train.
Bring yourown Xanax during chain and train.
Using yourown resources to keep your money safe so you won't bother faction bankers with sending money duty.
No crying to faction when you have problems with other people unless the opponent makes it become faction conflict.
Must hit way beyond minimum hits during chain.
Must not violate any trust (working with other people to mug the faction members you are in, no gossip leaking to outsiders, etc).
Must not steal bonus hits for any reason.
Must read faction rules the first minute you are joining in.
Must follow any faction rules including no hit or bounty on the faction allies. If you accidentally mug an ally return the money and appologize.
Must follow any order from faction leader.
These are things i had to do during guesting and touring.

I actually enjoy staying in one place too tho. Like when company friends are away and I'm bored irl, now I can troll in faction chat, making lame jokes no one would laugh and then laugh at myown jokes. And really getting to know other people is different experience than meeting new people experience.
TornFalcon [2042205]
That makes a good bit of sense, esp thinking about it in repetition. Those 3 dayers could add up pretty fast.

It doesn't make sense to me, but I'm sure there's a player or two out there that might hop just to focus on something else though?
oh, this faction has a 100% criminality branch and mine doesn't, so they hop, to meet a goal. Then back later on.
maybe I'm thinking too long term for "hoppers" though..
SpeedSkateR [10106]
I generally want three things from a faction: 1) fun, 2) the ability to grow and learn, and 3) loyalty (loyalty is a two way street). If all three needs are not met, I move onto the next. Currently that puts me at my 4th faction in 14 months.

I do think if you’re just beep bopping around and plan on only staying for short stints prior to determining whether you even like the faction, it’s probably best practice to be honest and upfront with the leaders.
Satan [612696]
usually faction hoppers are unable to read, thus why they get kicked all the time. or theyre the kind of asshole that logs in once every three months and joins a nice company and faction just to make more work for directors and faction leaders. basically a waste of space.

maybe the 4 or 5 players that dont fit these descriptions that faction hop all the time will reach out =) good luck.