Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Grave

Started by 4-20 [2515051] on in Graveyard.

58 replies · 1.67k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 59 / 59 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

DedeSiregar [2430598]
Imo grave this
You are airing your leader personal details. Eventhough you mean well, you are breaching his personal space tho. Let staff deal with this
Tao [2133339]
You disagree on what part exactly? None of what you said contradicts anything I have said. Sure, social media gives another area or channel for bullies to use. Never disagreed with that or said it wouldn't give. And yes, the proper action is most definitely ignore and move on.

My point was that you are responsible for what you share online, especially in some text-based RPG where you can never really know who someone else is.
4-20 [2515051]
It remained to in game mugs/hospitalizations until he disrespected his wife..... AGAIN. (refer to the timestamp of the SS)

I left out alot of backstory and my faction leaders name to focus on the fact kickrocks is an asshole not the fact his wife died.

He has the screenshot on his profile signature which is why i assumed it would be ok for me to do this, trust me i thought on it before i decided to say something. (I will grave this if he asks me to)
SORRYDIEDDEDHAH [2539216]
use your brain, what kind of faction requires someone to make offensive jokes to be accepted?

by saying 'welcome to the internet', you're generalising everyone on the internet to be as inconsiderate as mr shithead in this thread. And now you're blaming the leader for not blocking him?
manic [1554958]
Apologies - I should have said "I PARTIALLY disagree" (edited)

Your original comment regarding "It being kids" and 'Blame social media".

Being an arse isn't a generational thing. Or the sole possession of the internet.

Arseholeishness has been in fashion since Adam was a lad.

And surely it's imposible to take reponsibility for your actions AND be anonymous? Pretty much an oxymoron?
Indubitably [2117849]
The only time I hear of this person is when it's something negative.

People gotta realize this is just a game and words hurt... really low blow there too.

:( sorry about your wife, hope this asshole isn't getting to you over those remarks.
Plague_Doctor [1083237]
So I guess that's a "yes, still dead" on the wife update?
I mean... damn that's such a trash thing to joke about.
Aaaand why hasn't he been blocked from communicating with you guys yet? If it's such a problem what exactly is stopping you from blocking chat and messages, but instead you go complain about people saying mean things? And does it bother you or does it bother the leader?

The leader probably just thought to himself "what a piece of shit" and moved on meanwhile you did something nobody asked you to do and decided to cry in forum about people saying mean things. There are procedures for that, no need to bother the rest of us with that.

I've blocked annoying people for way less when I lost patience with them. Block the shmuck and move on.
Brakier [2095393]
absolutely disgusting behaviour, to make fun of somebodies passed wife, piece of shit human, this type behaviour relfects what kind of person he is irl.
Scarley [2261969]
habitat is the slimiest faction in torn. papageorgio is just as bad as kickrocks. would be so embarrassed to be part of the faction, personally.

proud to say i've put a great many bonus hits on them, tho.
Bardicer [553834]
So... um... this is an interesting thing to wake up to.


I could go into detail clarifying and responding to comments, but suffice it to say that he's been reported, and ignored in chat, and blocked in inboxes... and he (and those he associates with as long as they're affiliated with him) will have to deal with the consequences of his actions.

I do very much appreciate 4 for caring enough to post this. And I feel a lot better seeing that a chunk of the Torn community agrees that some things you just don't joke about, however, if it's possible, can this thread be graved, if not outright deleted? I know I'm not the OP, but since the topic is a personal issue of mine... I'd appreciate it being taken off the forums.
Ullr [1835846]
Ahhhh it's ole CosmicChicken... Yeah he's strong but his faction is pretty much dead. Such a waste of 1.8m respect lol
CRLF [2095076]
Totally agree with you on this.

For attacks made on deceased family members, disabled children, homes or businesses destroyed, etc the best course is to file a report with staff.

As you've already stated, the victim most likely does not want that issue aired publicly. But there is something else to consider here --- you may be a first-time victim but the perpetrator is usually not a first-time harasser.

Life events often happen to us through no action of our own. But the person doing the harassing has made a choice and it takes a specific sort of person to choose that. If they enjoyed doing it once, they'll probably do it again to other people.

So even if you shrug it off, consider notifying staff if the person has mocked dead or disabled RL family members or other significant RL events. Your report may be one of several against the person. By filing the report, staff can take appropriate steps against the harasser to prevent them from doing something similar to other people in Torn.

I should note that the issues have to occur in Torn and not in Discord, FB, etc.
4-20 [2515051]
Yea him and papa are 2 peas in a pod. Im glad trash like that are grouped together, makes it all the easier to take out :)