Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Do we really need Antifa?

Started by Limpd [789073] on in Politics & Law.

52 replies · 494 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 53 / 53 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

-El- [463504]
I asked if you wanted to have the conversation. You agreed. and now you're throwing a hissy fit.

Go sit at the kiddie table Hoch. Throwing tantrums isn't a good look.
PsykoAktive [2607164]
I don’t believe there is a point to Antifa. They are a juxtaposition they claim to be Anti-Fascist yet employ the same techniques as Hitler and the nazis did in Nazi Germany. If you don’t agree with them you become a target to be doxed, beat down or even killed. I will say in my opinion they are doing more harm than good to the Democratic Party.
MeltedCheese [2010614]
Ah yes we're all dumb but you listen to probably the most unreliable news source in the US. Lets trust the guy that harassed family members of victims of a mass shooting claiming they're actors and the entire thing is a hoax. Also it's you're not your.
CRLF [2095076]
What really happened:

Following Fuecht’s concert, people who were contracted as security, including notorious Proud Boy and street brawler Tusitala “Tiny” Toese, began charging at counterprotesters in the area. That set off extended clashes, including one incident where a man pointed what appeared to be a rifle at journalists and other people who were following him.

https://www.opb.org/article/2021/08/09/portland-downtown-violence-police-absent-protests/

There were leftist protesters, who were peaceful. The "security" at the event intentionally provoked a fight, then filmed it and claimed it was "Antifa" attacking them.
Bhappychap [2270497]
I honestly have never seen a sensical post about protests and their concurrent riots.

People like to shit all over the riots, but skip over all the arrests, and typical shit that these people find themselves in.

And then come to find out the whole story 2 days later doesn't match up with their emotional biased sources....yet the narrative has stuck already.

I try not to use any leaning media. It just sucks that the Republicans and Trump has done far far worse, and a lot of the language used is on point.
Fistyboy [1733255]
This would be so much better if Trump isn't still a major part of American politics with a firm hold on the republican party. He is though, so people bringing him up is warranted.
SaintLuke [2220265]
I would have to disagree the language is on point, but you and I have pretty much made it clear where we stand on certain issues and the wording used to describe them. I feel using terms saved for foreign enemies and folks who commit real acts of terrorism on our average citizens is very dangerous...but that might just be me.
Bhappychap [2270497]
Trump and Republicans keep spouting a lie about elections, tried to subvert the voting process, enticed a "riot" at THE Capitol of the US, installed sympathetic yes men in decision making positions, and continues to be a force that republicans are trying to use.

Yes we don't see eye to eye to there. I think one party is actively subverting democracy. And you're downplaying it for whatever reasons.

I have said from nearly the get go. Trump is traitorous to America, and our ideals. And most Republicans have chosen that path imbibe on.
SaintLuke [2220265]
"Trump and Republicans keep spouting a lie about elections, tried to subvert the voting process, enticed a "riot" at THE Capitol of the US, installed sympathetic yes men in decision making positions, and continues to be a force that republicans are trying to use.

No, we agree to this point.

But when you start calling every conservative a racist traitor and things like that...that is where we start to disagree. When you try and claim Jan. 6 was an insurrection...that is where we disagree. You and I agree on 99% of things, I just can't stand behind the language you choose to use because I know all it will do is cause more problems in the end. Because they view you as the enemy now and will not try and find common ground to try and start the repairs on the damage both sides have done more than their fair share to cause the last 4 years.
Limpd [789073]
Mean while your joe Biden just made it illegal to speak about such things let's say who the real Hitler is